Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shell diesel

ajzetecs

Been a few times i have put £20 of normal Shell diesel and my focus seem to be a bit jerky and steady revs, other fuels are very slight which is another internal issue but some reason Shell makes it run worse

The stop using it. Performance fuels in petrol can have a benefit to some cars. But in diesel, it really doesn't have any performance gains. I use whatever I'm closest too, some people hate supermarket fuels but I have a 2.0 TDCi and have never had a problem with any fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shell V Power Diesel all the way for me. 

Certainly see gains in my mpg. Always achieving 650 miles to a tank before it needs refuling, could go further but my stress levels won't allow, thinking I'm going to run out.

But every time I refuel I stil have 4 litres in the tank as can only get 48 litres in . 

Been using super market ( Asda's ) diesel in my Focus 2.0 tdci for the last 2 years with no probs at all......

How do you drive your car aj? If you're constantly doing short journeys then your not doing G your car any favours.

There's been and still is too much BS about fuels.

Shell is a good fuel, better than any supermarket fuel. I drive my 1.6 diesel harder than most and I do know from experience Shell and BP are my choice.

Give your car a damn good run. Make sure your service Intervals suit your annual mileage.

I use to fuel up at Shell and saw no difference at all. If anything I saw a drop in MPG! I use Sainsburys and a certian asda only! Never had a problem, until this weekend where the car drank 15 miles of fuel within 4 miles. So I have no idea what is going on there. But I do not see any benefits from Shell at all!

i exclusively use v nitro diesel for my 1.6 tdci. well i only started doing this recently, maybe 3-4 fill ups so far.

i definitely notice a difference since ive started using, especially since the car has been driving about 105000 miles of cheap supermarket diesel, the difference is certainly noticeable. for example, tick over is so much more immediate and healthy sounding, and the throttle is much more responsive. the tank seems to last longer too but maybe thats just in my head.

I've been using Sainsburys up until recently - mpg wasn't getting any better than ~50 even now the days are warming up and I've been doing longer distances.  I also find sainsburys is more sooty than other brands.

Last tank I used Shells normal diesel which gave me 54mpg, same journeys but a definite increase. 

Have gone back to BP again for this tankful to see what I get...

I know it's not scientific, but I do also notice a difference in running, idle is always a bit lumpy on Sainburys and was worse on Tesco, but it seems smoother on the branded fuels.  I don't notice any performance difference though, and I do give it hell quite often. :laugh:

• Like 1

I've just done around £110 on fuel over the weekend driven no more than 350 miles. I'm now on a full tank and says I have 342 left. I can't see myself getting that or anywhere near it. With the way that car has been over the weekend, wondering if someone is behind the car drinking the fuel for me it went down that fast!

£110 in 350 miles!?  It should be more like £30.  I would be that's a fuel leak tbh, if it's not leaking you should be noticing huge black clouds...

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

£110 in 350 miles!?  It should be more like £30.  I would be that's a fuel leak tbh, if it's not leaking you should be noticing huge black clouds...

I can't see anything under the car, and nothing puts out. I put £30 in last night and had around a quarter of a tank left. so say about £80. I'll work it out properly how much I've put in and driven over the weekend in a moment and edit the post.

16 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't know why it double posted but roughly

360-370 miles. I've put in £95-£100 in total, so actually not done that bad. looking about £66 for 36-370 miles.

• Like 1

Christ that's awful. I get annoyed if £40 doesn't get me 400 miles!

I can stretch a tank to 600 but after the last time I ran it down to the line I'm fearful to try it again, fuel filters aren't cheap on the 1.6!

I Suppose I should drop the tank one of these days and clean it out

6 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

How do you drive your car aj? If you're constantly doing short journeys then your not doing G your car any favours.

There's been and still is too much BS about fuels.

Shell is a good fuel, better than any supermarket fuel. I drive my 1.6 diesel harder than most and I do know from experience shell and BP are my choice.

Give your car a damn good run. Make sure your service Intervals suit your annual mileage.

i currently do 35m miles a day motorway journeys, do tend to be a hard driver, onnly seems to do just after fill up but today been ok. Been servived few months ago, all services well within interval, Vpower is the better Shell product to use, never use supermarket, been using gulf,bp or esso

4 hours ago, JayG90 said:

I don't know why it double posted but roughly

360-370 miles. I've put in £95-£100 in total, so actually not done that bad. looking about £66 for 36-370 miles.

What engine have you got?  That's horrific if it's a diesel!?

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

What engine have you got?  That's horrific if it's a diesel!?

Sorry, I raid these topics like a monster but really have no real reason haha.

1.6 petrol in a fiesta.

OK aj thanks for that. What model car is it you have and what age miles on it?

48 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

OK aj thanks for that. What model car is it you have and what age miles on it?

focus mk2 1.8 tdci 09 93k

12 hours ago, JayG90 said:

Sorry, I raid these topics like a monster but really have no real reason haha.

1.6 petrol in a fiesta.

Ah ok lol, maybe stop filling it with diesel then. :tongue: 

Without working it out though, I'm sure that's only like 20mpg?  That can't be right, my 20 year old GTi6 does more than that!  Can't see how anyone can afford to daily drive a petrol over about 1.2 litre lol.  :laugh: 

32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah ok lol, maybe stop filling it with diesel then. :tongue: 

Without working it out though, I'm sure that's only like 20mpg?  That can't be right, my 20 year old GTi6 does more than that!  Can't see how anyone can afford to daily drive a petrol over about 1.2 litre lol.  :laugh: 

According to trip 43mpg dont take my word on that as figures might be different by about 1 as not got car infront of me. All i know is it drinks fuel. I was getting about 380-400 a full tank but now getting 330-340 a full tank. Ive wondered for a long time is the sensor broke or dirty but then was told the sensor is in the fuel tank and left it at that lol. 

Though saying this ive noticed a massive fuel drop since servicing, so wondering if the oil has something to do with it as sure the parts shop was talking crap about the brand of fuel. Even though i asked for Castrol. But i dont know if that could make a difference. 

Not 43mpg unless your petrol is really expensive lol.  45mpg is easy to work out as it makes 10 litres to 100 miles, about £11 per 100 miles ATM...

£1.6 a litre im rather heavy footed at times but i spend a lot of my time on the motorway. Ive had ford check it in the past and they say 36 is what i should get. Either way spend a lot of time on the motorway and in petrol station lol 

Saying that i got to south wales think it was 180 miles, drove around south wales a fair bit as we went on a camping holiday there and car was full that took 35 miles. Think in total we did it all on about £55 and still had some fuel in the tank. Been south wales since then last month infact and didnt get anywhere near that and only went to see fiancees friend. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club