Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Project; Mk2 Focus ST3 Panther Black

Iam2deck

Can you 'hang' the plate off the lip under the bottom grill ? It may catch speed bumps right enough. The car looks awesome nonetheless.

You probably could if you didn't mind drilling holes into the bumper which im not a massive advocate of, and yeah it would catch on so many things I don't think it would remain there for very long! Thanks bud, fresh project but plenty more to come and do!

I can't help but keep looking at ST500s for my next car. Soo tempering lol And looking at yours just makes it worse for me :'(

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kpg said:

You probably could if you didn't mind drilling holes into the bumper which im not a massive advocate of, and yeah it would catch on so many things I don't think it would remain there for very long! Thanks bud, fresh project but plenty more to come and do!

I can't help but keep looking at ST500s for my next car. Soo tempering lol And looking at yours just makes it worse for me :'(

I love mine to bits, the sound of the 5 cylinders and the crackles and bangs are just on another level honestly - They are a big financial drain, but I haven't regretted mine as of yet, very far from it :P Go and drive some, just be prepared it's addictive and you'll want one!

I love mine to bits, the sound of the 5 cylinders and the crackles and bangs are just on another level honestly - They are a big financial drain, but I haven't regretted mine as of yet, very far from it [emoji14] Go and drive some, just be prepared it's addictive and you'll want one!

I drove one once and I shouldn't have. Can't stop thinking about the power. When you say 'big financial drain', I assume you mean petrol lol ? How bad actually is it ?

2 minutes ago, kpg said:

I love mine to bits, the sound of the 5 cylinders and the crackles and bangs are just on another level honestly - They are a big financial drain, but I haven't regretted mine as of yet, very far from it emoji14.png Go and drive some, just be prepared it's addictive and you'll want one!

I drove one once and I shouldn't have. Can't stop thinking about the power. When you say 'big financial drain', I assume you mean petrol lol ? How bad actually is it ?

Haha yep 1 time and hooked! Erm a range of things really, insurance is high, tax is £300 a year, petrol is quite shocking.. Put it this way my average MPG atm is 17.5 and the best ive had is around 22. I mainly do road driving and not so much motorway which doesn't help. It's depressing because you genuinely see the gage going down and down haha.

So in a nutshell even the maintenance and running of the car is expensive. If you get one and then think about modifying it its also a big money pit because not only is there a tonne of different things and components you can add in for money, but if you want to run stage 2 or anything like that (320-340bhp+) then 2 components/fixes are recommended before any of the other modifications can start.

The mk2 ST suffers from the chance of the liners inside the engine cracking (cracked liner) and so most people get something called a 'block mod' done which strengthens the engine liners with new shims etc. This work is about £700 and is a precaution before modifying as if you put too much power through the engine i.e. stage 2 it can crack the liners meaning a new engine.

On top of this the standard ST clutch is quite often not sufficient for stage 2 + remaps and starts to slip. This means you need to get the RS clutch inputted as well, again similar in price so your looking at around about £1500 to get prep work done before getting to stage 2. Then ofc you need all the components for the map as well which is another 1-2k so in essence if your wanting 300+ hp your looking at 4k

• Like 1

I love mine to bits, the sound of the 5 cylinders and the crackles and bangs are just on another level honestly - They are a big financial drain, but I haven't regretted mine as of yet, very far from it [emoji14] Go and drive some, just be prepared it's addictive and you'll want one!

Haha yep 1 time and hooked! Erm a range of things really, insurance is high, tax is £300 a year, petrol is quite shocking.. Put it this way my average MPG atm is 17.5 and the best ive had is around 22. I mainly do road driving and not so much motorway which doesn't help. It's depressing because you genuinely see the gage going down and down haha.

So in a nutshell even the maintenance and running of the car is expensive. If you get one and then think about modifying it its also a big money pit because not only is there a tonne of different things and components you can add in for money, but if you want to run stage 2 or anything like that (320-340bhp+) then 2 components/fixes are recommended before any of the other modifications can start.

The mk2 ST suffers from the chance of the liners inside the engine cracking (cracked liner) and so most people get something called a 'block mod' done which strengthens the engine liners with new shims etc. This work is about £700 and is a precaution before modifying as if you put too much power through the engine i.e. stage 2 it can crack the liners meaning a new engine.

On top of this the standard ST clutch is quite often not sufficient for stage 2 + remaps and starts to slip. This means you need to get the RS clutch inputted as well, again similar in price so your looking at around about £1500 to get prep work done before getting to stage 2. Then ofc you need all the components for the map as well which is another 1-2k so in essence if your wanting 300+ hp your looking at 4k

God. There was me thinking I could get away with just lowering it and getting a Bluefin lol I don't think I could run an ST at this point in time saying I'm trying to buy my first house with the missus.

19 hours ago, kpg said:

God. There was me thinking I could get away with just lowering it and getting a Bluefin lol I don't think I could run an ST at this point in time saying I'm trying to buy my first house with the missus.

You could get away with doing both of those things, think the bluefin maps are quite gentle and not a massive push on cars. Stage 1 sees the Focus ST to around 270-280  bhp I believe. The liners problem can happen on both standard and modified cars, its a preventative cure in a way. You don't have to get that or the RS clutch (for a bluefin) done, but it's a gamble if you don't :)

I think most people would find it hard to save anything with one of these sipping petrol the way it does with 2 straws! Might be a different story if you earn good money mind

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people, quick update of a few new additions!

Have started some work on the engine bay again, adding a chrome blingy washer tank cover and pro alloy fuse box cover - picked them up rather cheap at £30 when they RRP at £100 all told. Was extremely bright when I took the photos so apologies! Will probably take some more to show them better :)

20161201_112659.jpg   20161201_113041.jpg

20161201_113016.jpg   20161201_112931.jpg

Looks good in person, and the start of the engine bay is underway - I do have enough few bits to add but they need some modification so stay tuned :)

Another addition I added you can see in some of the images above. I added a Collins Performance Dump Valve to replace the standard old recirculating valve. It makes an absolutely brilliant sound, everyone that gets in the car says it's this that sells it to them aha. Although as it's a dump valve, it's not come without a few glitches! I think I need to blank of the recirculating valve, as atm every now and then it chucks on the ESP system fault and means I can't use ESP temporarily, doesn't last long but need to sort it out really especially with it being frosty in the mornings etc

20161201_112841.jpg

20161201_112904.jpg

It came with a blue Samco/Mountune fitting silicone hose :) and originally had a purple vac pipe on top, but I immediately replaced this with the green to go with my theme!!

I've also had a fairly big change/modification done, but I would like the car to be clean for photos of that so I'll be cleaning it tomorrow and uploading either Fri or Sat hopefully!

Thanks as usual!

Nice car that was nice to see how it progressed reading through the posts.

Given me an idea with the light up pedals.  Looks good that.

On 12/1/2016 at 1:07 PM, JIMMWX said:

Nice car that was nice to see how it progressed reading through the posts.

Given me an idea with the light up pedals.  Looks good that.

On 12/1/2016 at 3:40 PM, FourD said:

Nice. Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the positive support guys :D Glad I've given you some inspiritation and hope to carry on with that!

Okay so back onto the modification I said about yesterday, I gave the car a good clean on my day off today!

I got my rear windows tinted in Limo Black by AS Tints, the service was good they came directly to my friend's driveway and we got 3 cars done.. 2 Focus STs and a new Shogun.

I've taken some pictures, but they are still in light daytime so need to get some dark ones to show the extent of the change but none the less :)

2016-12-02 15.38.39.jpg  2016-12-02 15.37.42.jpg

2016-12-02 15.34.57.jpg  2016-12-02 15.34.11.jpg

2016-12-02 15.40.16.jpg  2016-12-02 15.39.37.jpg

You may also be able to tell I've added a rear window decal to contrast the limo black tint. I've actually started to co-host a modification group in the local area and we've done a few meets that have been rather successful. The group is called Surrey Customs (and is located on the outskirts of London areas usually) so feel free to join on social medias!

Actually tried to design the logo for the club and it turned out like this, a few of our group members have used them and they all look rather smart :) Mine is a green to match the foglight tint film coupled with white to match my badges! I'm rather quite happy with how they turned out

2016-12-02 15.36.35.jpg

Actually starting to feel like the appearence of the car is coming along quite nicely and there's just 2 or 3 more things I'd like to do atm. I've already got one of these items just need to find the time to fit it but It should suit the car well! This will be coming soon!

2016-12-02 15.33.18.jpg

Thanks for reading as usual :)

your car looking good fella and love the little bit of bling in the engine bay

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, some small minor modifcations have taken place in the last couple of weeks but as you can see I've slowed down over Christmas as money has been tight. Although I have just secured a full contract with Mercedes-Benz World where I work and will have a pay rise for January - laaaaaavely more mods ;)

Anyway cracking on... wanted to try out a different lighting option and the company is called Autobeam. Wanted to change the interior & map lights as that dull yellow made everything seem so dated. Went for a crisp bright white as can be seen here.

20161214_224750.jpg   20161214_224930.jpg

I also wanted to get rid of the standard yellow in the sidelights, and I also wanted lights that could make my foglight green tint for shows and what not. So I decided to opt for Autobeam's colour changing side lights. They work through a remote and there's about 16 flat colour options to chose from as well as flashing, slowly turning over, fading etc they're really quite good tbh! The colours are really bright and I can see them getting a good amount of attention :) They also have a built in memory function allowing me to change to the white setting for driving on the road as and when I want to.

20161214_222839.jpg

20161214_222959.jpg  20161214_223012.jpg  20161214_223047.jpg

Definitely much better than the yellow, however the white has a fair tint of blue to it as well so I'm thinking I should probably replace the headlight factory xenons with the Autobeam LED Bulbs to match colours and give a refreshing new look considering the xenons have probably been in years given the age of the ST.

This is the white

20161214_223032.jpg

As I say its just a quick update, i'll probably give the car a wash tomorrow and take some pics (as it wont stay that way longer than 2 minutes given the current weather outside).

I do have a fairly significant mod to do, its just finding the time with my friend to help do it!

Am thinking I'll be trying to find a mongoose cat back after Christmas is over, get closer to that refined 5 pot roar and flames ;)

Stay tuned

• Like 2

loving the lights fella and im sure they will get some looks when at shows

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I've posted up of any changes! Everything slowed down over Christmas, as presents needed to be purchased and the weather made life outside quite annoying!

Gave the car a quick snowfoam and wash knowing I'd be working on it! Was with a friend in his blue ST too :) 20170112_082113.jpg20170112_082126.jpg

I managed to get something done yesterday I'm really happy about :)

Purchased a new Front Splitter for the car, was only £70 from a friend that had one spare! I've never put one of these on a car or seen it, but it was reasonabley okay to do tbh. Had some predrilled holes in the splitter, just needed to allign the positioning properly clamp it in place and then start drilling to secure it up to the car :)

20170112_120812.jpg

20170112_120804.jpg

Looked smart on the ramp but needed to get it down to see what it would be like on the road..

2017-01-13 14.50.47.jpg  2017-01-13 14.49.52.jpg

2017-01-13 14.52.52.jpg

2017-01-13 14.51.42 (2).jpg

2017-01-13 14.49.05.jpg

Really like the way it brings the front end together, gives it more presence and looks aggressive!

Even got a bit of snow before leaving my friend's place.. We don't get any in the South usually haha

20170112_182744.jpg

Today I decided that although I changed the colour of some of the red ST badges about to white, they didn't really stand out against the silver and chrome so I ordered another set in lime green to match my theme with the callipers and other stickers etc. Seem to stand out better and everyone seems to like black & green combos

20170113_132139.jpg

20170113_132225.jpg  20170113_132214.jpg

Also did the steering wheel overlay but forgot to take a picture doh..

Also became a fairly expensive day as well.. while the car was up on the ramp we took a look at the tires as I knew 2 were getting low on tread as when I purchased the car we noticed it and managed to get £200 off for them to get done however I never did and just got max use out of them.. well defo the case as not only were these original 2 gone.. but all 4 were under the legal limit and looked like slicks. I have had poor traction for a while now and the car doesn't like it understandabley.

So went to have 4 new tyres fitted as well. I didn't get anything too decent as don't really have the money to invest in top rated stuff given Christmas has just come and gone. Got some Alpha tyres.. Can really see the difference in tread.. My old ones were not far off from being 'summer slicks' to be quite honest. Get plenty more traction now, and don't spin in 2nd and 3rd anywhere near as much as I used to!

20170113_132522.jpg  20170113_132532.jpg

Now i'll be getting some more speed to go with the extra style! Thanks for having a look lemme know what you think as ever

• Like 2

Looking good mate. Just gives me more inspiration to do mine even if it is the 1.6 sport. loving  that front bumper and splitter look. Might have to search eBay and see if I can find an st bumper 🤔

15 hours ago, sketch said:

Looking good mate. Just gives me more inspiration to do mine even if it is the 1.6 sport. loving  that front bumper and splitter look. Might have to search ebay and see if I can find an st bumper 🤔

Thanks for the support :) Glad I can give some inspiration to at least one person xD Yeah it's really brought out the front end, makes it look more beefy with the splitter. When I didn't have the splitter on it looked like too much grill from the Zunsport but now it's looking ideal! Haha I'm sure there will be one on there somewhere buddy!

loving the look of the splitter fella and its suprizing how the can change the front end

3 hours ago, b4zz said:

loving the look of the splitter fella and its suprizing how the can change the front end

Thanks mate yeah it's just an extra part but the level of depth it adds is just enough to see the big grill off!

Have got more parts on order which will be fitted soon as well :)

Starting to look at finishing off my exhaust with a catback, as the standard tips are quite small. It sounds great as it is though and gets loads of pops and bangs which I'll struggle to get with an aftermarket 3 inch system or so it seems. Struggle to decide!

looking forward to seeing what other parts you have got lined up fella.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, minor update just got an extra mod done today

Probably not to everyone's cup of tea, but bought myself a bonnet lip to sit along the front. Originally bought a gel one but it was very thin and meant I couldn't wrap it at all, so I gave it to my friend and he's using it on his blue ST. Managed to find an actual part, and wrapped that yesterday. Sticking with my theme went for the dark carbon  :) Such a sucker for it, but matches well to the fog light surrounds. The part was gloss black originally.

20170202_123021.jpg  20170202_134003.jpg

20170202_134028.jpg

Used double sided tape to stick it on, but not sure how well its gonna do the job tbh

20170203_115205.jpg

Originally with no bonnet lip (it's filthy my apologies keeping it clean never lasts atm):

20170203_114304.jpg

After with the lip on.. Wouldn't fit that well where I originally thought it sat, too curved. Might be a FL part but going with it for now!

20170203_120530.jpg

20170203_120521.jpg  20170203_120358.jpg

20170203_120641.jpg

20170203_120704.jpg

Let me know if it's a worthy modification, It didn't sit right where I thought it would so this is what i've settled with now. Just hope it stays on.. :)

Also going to be getting a cat back very soon, the tax office owe me some extra moolahs! Looking at getting the Mongoose Section 59 system, meeting up with someone this week in the local area to hear what it sounds like in and out of the car, if I like I will be going for it. I know already they are prime exhaust system for some flames!

This is what the system looks like (no middle box, and two small ones on the back with 4.5 inch slash cut tips - 3 inch exhaust system to match my Mongoose sports cat).

imgsize.php.jpg

• Like 1

Saturday is looking exciting, day off to do car stuff with my friend and have some exciting things arriving end of this week! Watch this space

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, Iam2deck said:

Saturday is looking exciting, day off to do car stuff with my friend and have some exciting things arriving end of this week! Watch this space

sounding very good

Update time!

Had the Saturday with my friend and we got ***** done! Earlier in the week, I had purchased a new cat back exhaust system for the ST. I wanted a full mongoose system, and as you know I was toying with the idea of the Section 59. Was just worried if there was going to be drone with a system named that!

Purchased the exhaust from Puma Build on Tuesday and it had arrived on the Friday - so good service and communication from those guys.

Was so ecstaic to be getting round to the cat back it had been a long time coming..

Without further adue some pictures of the product and change over;

IMG-20170210-WA0006.jpg

Standard exhaust tips were quite small and swalled by the car really! So glad they are gone, this is what they were like beforehand.

20170211_170817.jpg

Replaced by Mongoose Exhaust's 4.5 inch Slash Cut Section 59 tips which are beautiful in person, and quite a dramatic difference to stock!

20170211_173121.jpg  20170211_173133.jpg

Some comparisons between the stock rear silencer (aka the coffin) and the new system:

20170211_173105.jpg  20170211_173052.jpg

I believe the standard cat back section of exhaust diameter to be 2.5 inch or so? The new system is 3 inch so more free flowing, has no centre box as per the de-res from before but obviously now the full exhaust bar the downpipe is 3 inch. The coffin is replaced by two smaller silencers. Here's a better look;

20170211_181635.jpg

20170211_181648.jpg

The system is lovely in stainless steel and super shiny.. quite the opposite of my car right now which is filthy.. getting cleaned on Saturday I reckon!

Here's how it sits on the rear, I'll be getting a bigger diffuser in the future to compliment the system

20170212_081649 (2).jpg

And purely for those that abide by the 'if you can fist your tailpipes they are big enough' ethos here is a picture to satisfy your needs

IMG-20170212-WA0000.jpg

I'm so happy with this purchase, my intial feedback is that the tone of exhaust remains fairly similar although deeper. (Where as my friend who has the milltek ultimate the entire exhaust note changed) it's amplified the sound alot and now sounds proper fire! xD Talking of fire, i've had numerous people follow me and they've all reported lovely glimpses of blue flames out of the two tail pipes.. Now i've just got to get one of them to record some footage or take a pixcel picture for me to see!!!

I've got videos of fly bys etc in which they can be seen marginally but nothing in 3rd or 4th gear where i'll be on full boost for proper flames. All of this, on a sports cat and standard downpipe. Will be going for a 3 inch downpipe when I can which should help expanding the air way from the turbo as well, and toying with the decat but we'll see aha very happy atm. Glad to report the drone really isn't there, atleast not what I had with the custom exhaust on my Fiesta project.

So far so good! Believe we are going cruising up to Brighton on Saturday so who knows might get some footage or pictures.. shame I can't share the videos on here!

Thanks for reading as per!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Benji. said:

Looking sweeeeeet. Love the green and black theme. That lime green is beaut.

Thanks mate, the choices of colours that work with black are in abundance but I'm glad I went with the green in the end it does work well

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club