Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sliding Compound Mitre Saws - Bosch, Makita or Metabo??

GMX

Whilst I've narrowed it down to three saws now: to begin with I had 22 saws on my short list.:ohmy: I still can't decide which one to go for, they are are nearly identical in what they offer (and I want out of a saw), only different manufacturers.

They are Bosch GCM 8SJL, or Makita LS0815FL or the Metabo KGS216.

I want a depth stop, the ability to cut 300mm wide timber and the ability to get parts when I need them, even if it's years later. 

I was surprised to see during my saw search, there don't appear to be any Dewalt's that have depth stops, given how big their range of saws are.  I can only assume, there's not much call for them on site.  But having said that Makita are just as popular on site as Dewalt are.

The Metabo however, does strike me as possibly too cheap :unsure:(less than £200 in most tool shops), compared to the other two.  Although I don't have a budget in mind, whilst i would like a Festool, I don't want to spend the £800-£1K I would need to, to have one.

Does anyone happen to have/use any of them?  and if so, what do you think?

The reviews are a bit thin on the ground: unlike the cheaper saws aimed at the amateur DIYer, which have hundreds of reviews on amazon.

• Like 1

Makita for sure.

Professional kit and good spares support.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

What is your budget? Depends what you want to do with it and how often I guess.

Dewalt dws780 is an awesome saw with a big blade but pricey. The dewalt ones do have a depth stop, just the usual depth adjustment screw as found on many. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having revised my short list again, and again after "test driving" a few saws at a local tool shop yesterday

I went with Makita in the end, but not the LS0815FL I had originally short listed; but it's bigger brother the LS1018L (which has replaced the very popular LS1013)

http://www.makitauk.com/products/saws/mitre-saws/slide-compound-mitre-saw/ls1018l-260mm-mitre-saw.html

It was only £65 more than LS0815FL 

But had a much better build quality feel about it,  obviously a greater capacity with a 260mm blade and is double mitre saw.  Which makes life easier:smile:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club