Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tailgate Handle Incorporating Microswitch

GMX

I've established that there is no difference between the hatchback and the estate tailgate handles: but I can't seem to find whether Ford changed the design and fitting between the Mk2 and Mk2.5, they certainly did with the Mk3.

I want to add a rear parking camera, the most central location for it, is on the the tailgate handle.  I was going to build one from scratch as Connects2 used to have them for the Mk2 Focus but no lunger appear to. 

However, I've found a supplier in Hong Kong who lists a combined tailgate handles/microswitch with CCD camera for the Mk2.5 Focus. Having measured my existing tailgate Mk2 handle against the dimensions they give on their website, it would appear to be the same, or at least as far as the visible exterior part is.

Does anyone know, if they actually are the same?

I mounted mine in the number plate light, and added an LED bulb to the other side to match the colour. Works flawlessly and pre aligned to show a small portion of the bumper too for reference.

Edit: eBay Link not sure if this is just for mk 2.5. This one does have the built in distance lines, with the bumper in view as the red.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club