Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo upgrade

Joe Lewis

Hi :)

ive got a focus 63 plate titanium x and wondered if there are any possible stereo upgrades I could get? I rung my ford dealer he said it's impossible to upgrade my whole unit.. the stereo and the lcd display? Wondered if anyone else has the same car and if they have got a new stereo face with a nice tv type display instead of the basic one in the focus

thanks in advance for any help!

Hi :)
ive got a focus 63 plate titanium x and wondered if there are any possible stereo upgrades I could get? I rung my ford dealer he said it's impossible to upgrade my whole unit.. the stereo and the lcd display? Wondered if anyone else has the same car and if they have got a new stereo face with a nice tv type display instead of the basic one in the focus

thanks in advance for any help!

Hi mate , he didnt say how much it would cost from fords. Stupendous prices.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah didn't say anything just said it was impossible lol

Everything is possible these days.you have to look in the right places.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Avin are an American company that do radio upgrades for the mk3 Focus.  Very expensive though and it seems to be currently out of stock, but you could contact them I guess and ask them to get one in for you . https://avinusa.com/ford-focus-8-2012-full-android-gps-navigation-system.html

To be honest, the best upgrade you could do is upgrade the system to a Sony system rather than replace it outright with an Android system. The sound quality will be far superior to the Android system, and you'll still have the features that are inherent with the car on the radio.

• Like 1

Thanks

i like the display to that android unit but in an Apple guy! Haha

where would I go about a Sony system upgrade? I have a Sony one in there now the default one. Tried google but no joy!

• Like 1

It is possible to change the headunit to an android type. Some on this forum have done it and report good results BUT a number of the cars functions dissappear. I looked at doing the same but after research I decided to upgrade the fro t Speakers and add an amp and to add a powered 8" Alpine sub. Sound deaden the doors and you'll be more than pleased guaranteed.
I suggest Infinity Speakers at about £150. A Rockford Fosgate 2x 100 watt amp and the Alpine sub mentioned. Stonking sound.
I now have my same gear in my mondeo and it rocks.

I would not take the android route for audio, also adding a GPS unit counts as a modification. Even the HTC 10 does not use the same processor for music, it uses a separate processor because androids are not good for music.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club