Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Speaker size

S666LER

Anyone know the size of the front and rear Speakers as i wanna upgrade????

Also if anyone has any ideas on which Speakers i should go for that would also be handy, as i will be powering them from the standard stereo so cant be anything to amzing but just want a nice clear sound.

Plus my zetec s is lacking Speakers in the rear

Anyone know the size of the front and rear speakers as i wanna upgrade????

Also if anyone has any ideas on which speakers i should go for that would also be handy, as i will be powering them from the standard stereo so cant be anything to amzing but just want a nice clear sound.

Plus my zetec s is lacking speakers in the rear

Id like to know the same, guess if no one knows i will be removing door panels at the weekend

will have a butchers at the rears soon...

pay good money for some Speakers...you be surprised at improved quality of Speakers now used and the stereo quality too....

People rip these 'standard' kit out and replace it with something with KENWOOD written on it...and its worse!!!

You only get the 6 speaker setup with the optional stereo upgrade to BT/aux or USB.

Not a bad idea to upgrade the tweeters too if you are serious about it.

Biggest thing to improve quality will be the wiring between Speakers! :)

yea i wanna upgrade the tweeters too, but again unsure of the size of them. From what i have read on the internet the wiring is there for the rear Speakers, its just taped to the metal work behind the rear door card?

yea i wanna upgrade the tweeters too, but again unsure of the size of them. From what i have read on the internet the wiring is there for the rear speakers, its just taped to the metal work behind the rear door card?

would assume so :)

would assume so :)

Sounds like i have some more wiring to do then lol... I already have 6 Speakers, just need some decent one now.. im im gonna be changing the cables too, will probably put the cabling in ready for a sub (hmmm unless the Speakers are that good that i dont need one)

Sounds like i have some more wiring to do then lol... I already have 6 speakers, just need some decent one now.. im im gonna be changing the cables too, will probably put the cabling in ready for a sub (hmmm unless the speakers are that good that i dont need one)

I amped up using close to top range speakers/amp/cable a pair of 6x9s in the rear of my buds XR2i, had to build new shelf due to weight...they were louder than quite a few subs i have heard in my time...seriously loud, as much bass as you would need too!

Piggy :)

If you're upgrading the door Speakers without amplifying them you need to get Speakers with as high a sensitivity as you can, possibly Speakers which are designed to run off the head unit like the custom fit ones Pioneer make. Anything too power hungry will probably sound worse than standard as the head unit amp can't drive them properly. I think the stock speakers sound pretty good (I have the 6 speaker set up).

If you want an aftermarket amp Blaupunkt do a series of plug n play amps, there tiny class D digital things than could be hidden behind the glovebox etc. They also come with wiring adaptor harnesses that plug into your standard stereo and loom to take power from the battery, input signal from the stereo and output the power to the speakers without having to cut the standard loom at all. The link below is the 2 channel version.

http://www.blaupunkt.com/au/7607792129_main.asp

Handy, i am such a newbie on the ford front :P

Slightly off topic, but the front spoiler on your car looks worringly close to the ground on your picture :blink::lol:

Stunning car though :) lol

Slightly off topic, but the front spoiler on your car looks worringly close to the ground on your picture :blink::lol:

Stunning car though :) lol

Yea i thought that when i got the car, its the picture i nicked off the companys website where i got the car from. But there are no marks on the underside so must have missed the floor...just lol

If you're upgrading the door speakers without amplifying them you need to get speakers with as high a sensitivity as you can, possibly speakers which are designed to run off the head unit like the custom fit ones Pioneer make. Anything too power hungry will probably sound worse than standard as the head unit amp can't drive them properly. I think the stock speakers sound pretty good (I have the 6 speaker set up).

If you want an aftermarket amp Blaupunkt do a series of plug n play amps, there tiny class D digital things than could be hidden behind the glovebox etc. They also come with wiring adaptor harnesses that plug into your standard stereo and loom to take power from the battery, input signal from the stereo and output the power to the speakers without having to cut the standard loom at all. The link below is the 2 channel version.

http://www.blaupunkt.com/au/7607792129_main.asp

I will be looking in to that.

But does anyone know the what size Speakers are in the car????13cm, 17cm??

I will be looking in to that.

But does anyone know the what size speakers are in the car????13cm, 17cm??

fronts 2 way 17cm 180 watt. back 3 way 17cm 180 watt. ;)

im upgrading my Speakers in the new year, have got a pair for hertz for front and back not got anythin for the tweeters yet.

back in my 206 i had hertz front and back and also a sub all amp wired and it was a tad loud :lol:

what ever you do don't go and buy some 6x9's most of them are shoddy.

with abit of playing both of these will fit and are very gd quality

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product_l...ufacturer_id=97

im upgrading my speakers in the new year, have got a pair for hertz for front and back not got anythin for the tweeters yet.

back in my 206 i had hertz front and back and also a sub all amp wired and it was a tad loud :lol:

what ever you do don't go and buy some 6x9's most of them are shoddy.

with abit of playing both of these will fit and are very gd quality

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product_l...ufacturer_id=97

Are you going to power the new Speakers off the ford head unit or are you going to put in an amp. Really looking forward to seeing details of your new setup in the new year, maybe you could do a guide? Also are you going to do anything to stop the Speakers vibrating/rattling the door panels?

Not too sure if I'll ever bother upgrading the standard Speakers as they are already ok, but may consider a sub next year, that hertz amp looks good, what sub/box are you going to connect it up to?

Think that piggy mentioned somewhere that he was going to run the powerline from the battery under the car, will also be looking forward to seeing how he gets on with that

im not goin to be puttin a sub in just running the new Speakers, firstly from the headunit but then i will amp them up.

i havent had a look at the back of the headunit yet so not sure how its all goin to wire in though shouldnt be to hard to sort out though

im not goin to be puttin a sub in just running the new speakers, firstly from the headunit but then i will amp them up.

i havent had a look at the back of the headunit yet so not sure how its all goin to wire in though shouldnt be to hard to sort out though

Wiring is pretty straight forward, standard looking adapter. Check this old topic out.

What type of amp will you be getting?

Thank you very much :lol:

Had the door panel off today, and yeah they are 17" in the front. Didnt check the back, but i guess they are the same.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club