Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To anyone considering venturing out in the snow...

FMC

it was the first car i bought but rejected it after 2 days a lot of faults found and they ordered me the one i have now, and said they would use that as a demo,didn't last long,

yes chris its going to be another cold one :lol:

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• Michael P

• Flic

• KeithC

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the zetec S is now a fail in this weather :huh:

After the snow we had the other day it has now compacted and frozen and the fiesta wasnt having any of it yesterday, slipping and sliding at every turn, it was scary, wont be used again until this bad stuff has gone

Well the zetec S is now a fail in this weather :huh:

Glad I'm not the only one who has found this! <_<

+1. Although technically mine's not a ZS. I thought I'd just forgotten how to drive over the last week or so, I've been sliding around all over the gaff.

+1. Although technically mine's not a ZS. I thought I'd just forgotten how to drive over the last week or so, I've been sliding around all over the gaff.

So, where's the mon who said his Fiesta was leaving 4x4's abandoned by the roadside whilst his little Firesta was marching on onto the horizon. ;)

My Zetec S has been find in the snow - have you all got the wider tyres that come with the 17" alloys?

I think they are slightly wider - but it will only be by 10 20mm.

Different tyre compounds can also make a big difference - my old mk6 when using GoodYear EagleF1 was completely unusable on ice - but when i changed to a set of Pirellis it was much better.

I think it all depends on the various road surfaces, the amount of ice and or snow, the level of underlying grit, the tyre compounds, the tyre sizes, the engine size and fuel type, and just how &#33;Removed&#33; good a driver you are as to how you get about in this damn awful weather :lol:

I honestly don't think there is any one single "best" type of anything at the moment - it all depends on the above variables ;)

:)

It's not just about the car in this weather its how you drive and your driving ability

my MK4 hasn't put a foot wrong throughout the last couple of weeks!

my MK4 hasn't put a foot wrong throughout the last couple of weeks!

Difficult to put a foot wrong when you're limited to 1mph. :lol: Just kidding! I've got hankooks and I haven't had any real issues with careful driving. I only wheelspin in my isolated drive when setting off, to get it out of my system as there's plenty of room and a lot of snow. ;)

Difficult to put a foot wrong when you're limited to 1mph. :lol: Just kidding! I've got hankooks and I haven't had any real issues with careful driving. I only wheelspin in my isolated drive when setting off, to get it out of my system as there's plenty of room and a lot of snow. ;)

I'm fine once I can get down the lane it handles really well, but when there is 6" of soft snow underneath the wheels just spin, spin, spin :(

I'm fine once I can get down the lane it handles really well, but when there is 6" of soft snow underneath the wheels just spin, spin, spin :(

I finde I'm fine in thick snow, just need the right gear and revs. It's those mirror sheen iceways that are scary.

mine also it's the wheel size and the tyres.

yep mine was finw when the snow was belting down, just this compacted crap thats dangerous, the esp light has been on numeous times. Must be the tyre size. My wifes corsa which has smaller wheels and tyres wasnt spinning as much when i drove that, forcast is bad tonight also and i have an important hospital appointment monday am with a neurosurgeon..

be too scared of scratching alloy

Anyone bothered with snow chains?

If you do, just remember to take them off when you get to a clear stretch of road ;)

1. the clear road will wreck them

2. it's illegal

3. your handling will be atrocious

4. it's illegal

:P

I finde I'm fine in thick snow, just need the right gear and revs. It's those mirror sheen iceways that are scary.

It's because I have to reverse, if I'm facing forward third nearly always gets the car going if I'm struggling.

If you do, just remember to take them off when you get to a clear stretch of road ;)

1. the clear road will wreck them

2. it's illegal

3. your handling will be atrocious

4. it's illegal

:P

Is it illegal? I was looking online for the laws re: snow chains in the UK because a neighbour came home the other day in clear roads with snow chains on, thought it was a bit weird!

It's because I have to reverse, if I'm facing forward third nearly always gets the car going if I'm struggling.

Is it illegal? I was looking online for the laws re: snow chains in the UK because a neighbour came home the other day in clear roads with snow chains on, thought it was a bit weird!

You neighbour is a pillock to be fair. There are so many reasons for this that I cant be bothered to note them all...

You neighbour is a pillock to be fair. There are so many reasons for this that I cant be bothered to note them all...

I think he had probably been in the peak district, above us on the peak there is 3/4 feet of snow in places, but then you get down to us and the roads are clear. I'd have thought taking the chains off on clear roads would have just been plain sensible!

I think he had probably been in the peak district, above us on the peak there is 3/4 feet of snow in places, but then you get down to us and the roads are clear. I'd have thought taking the chains off on clear roads would have just been plain sensible!

Absolutely.

Are you in Derbyshire then?

I'll revise what i said earlier about it being illegal (which i think i've mentioned once or twice before on here) - i'm not 100% sure it is, i just recall someone telling me it was. But even if it's not, it sure as hell should be, for the reasons i listed, especially the handling.

However it is a shame that we didn't have the capabilities in this country to be able to "chain up" and save all the hassle and stress of slipping and sliding all over the place and also haviung to worry about running out of grit lol

I'll revise what i said earlier about it being illegal (which i think i've mentioned once or twice before on here) - i'm not 100% sure it is, i just recall someone telling me it was. But even if it's not, it sure as hell should be, for the reasons i listed, especially the handling.

However it is a shame that we didn't have the capabilities in this country to be able to "chain up" and save all the hassle and stress of slipping and sliding all over the place and also haviung to worry about running out of grit lol

If the grit ran out the country would probably use a white-roads policy and we would all be legally obliged to use snow chains, like in some parts of the continent

Absolutely.

Are you in Derbyshire then?

Sheffield, but pretty close to the Derbyshire border. I work at a school in Pennines and to add insult to injury we've been closed all week! >_<

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club