Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Assistance - what does it cover?

fiestalux

My car (Fiesta 2014) is still under warranty provided that each year I take it in for the Ford service (which gets ever more expensive). However, I am curious to know what Ford Assistance actually covers (I live in Luxembourg). I can see that it covers mechanical faults etc and perhaps even accidents. However, what about punctures? If I ever call them out for that do I have to pay a fee? I assume they will not bring any replacement tyre either or am I wrong? Also what about other "small items"? I can see that locking my keys in the car is not covered.

So far I have never had to use it but I do plan to do some rather long trips in Europe over the coming months so would like to know if I can rely on them to provide a service, even in the case of small issues which are not my fault. 

Fingers crossed that I will never need to use it.

Yes, called them out for a puncture, came quite quickly, put on the space saver spare and told me to get to a garage. My understanding is that they are very much a "get you on your way" service

Thanks Jezza54, ok well it is better than nothing I guess. Atleast they did not charge you which is a good thing as it seems that for certain things you may even receive a bill afterwards (e.g. keys locked in car). I also still have the equivalent of AA membership, which I may keep for a while.. just in case but will probably get cancelled if Ford Assistance can replace most of the same services.

It doesn't cover a missfuel or depleted tank. It covers home start and it covers one free tow per breakdown - I was told to get my car towed home and then call again after the weekend to get the car towed to the garage but was told when ringing back I only had one tow, which I had used to get home. FA also arranged a free courtesy/hire car for me while mine was off the road, again for free. The cover seems not too bad when you compare it to others.

I did hear on another post that FA will no longer be included/given for free with a Ford service anymore. Seems kind of daft as a lot of people go to ford for a service purely to get the FA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club