Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EcoBoost degas hose question

Pebbleheed

Yes that one is quite hard to get to with the access!

I recently had to remove the sump and to get access to that I had to remove the heat shield and downpipe from turbo. While apart I noticed the access to that hose was much improved so when I came to changing the hoses, I undone the heat shield and downpipe again

• 1 month later...

On 7/23/2019 at 9:14 PM, JW1982 said:

The Fiesta MK7.5  1.0 ECOboost degas hose is completely different from the Focus MK3  1.0 ECOboost degas hose. 

There was never a recall for the Fiesta 1.0 ECOboost degas hose and Ford never changed the design of the hoses on the Fiesta MK7.5

Was the Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost issue not something to do with the rad bottom hose?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 1:56 AM, marshal62 said:

When you change the degas hose did anyone need or use any orings at all ? 

You don't need o-rings ...just the hose clips.

• 3 weeks later...

Because of this faulty hose my Engine is completely dead. i cannot even start. What would you like to suggest me?

• 1 month later...

Hi got my car fixed on the ford recall recently, iv a 2012 ford focus 1.0 ecoboost, Ford fitted a new engine, so iv been told anyway, and they fitted some new pipes to, it's driving fine, I have been  wondering has it been done properly, the de gas pipe where it tees off, I was thinking that tee should have been done away with or better quality parts used, in reference to the nylon pipe, because this is where it was defenitly leaking collant before, and it has me thinking, same will happen again. Anyone any knowledge of this, il try and put a picture up of how ford done the repair 

Screenshot_20211101_215656_com.whatsapp.jpg

Looking at your picture it is fitted with the MK3 hoses which is what ford will replace them with.

The T piece is indeed the weak leak and can go brittle in time. On the MK3.5 version, the hose design was changed to completely remove that section.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jlawes20389 said:

Looking at your picture it is fitted with the MK3 hoses which is what ford will replace them with.

The T piece is indeed the weak leak and can go brittle in time. On the MK3.5 version, the hose design was changed to completely remove that section.

Thanks for reply mate, do u think if I took it back to ford they could fix it taking away the tee piece section?, as a new engine has been fitted and to me it's just a matter of time before the hose of the tee section starts leaking again loosing collant, which in turn will wreck the engine

11 hours ago, jlawes20389 said:

Hi got my car fixed on the ford recall recently, iv a 2012 ford focus 1.0 ecoboost, Ford fitted a new engine, so iv been told anyway, and they fitted some new pipes to, it's driving fine, I have been  wondering has it been done properly, the de gas pipe where it tees off, I was thinking that tee should have been done away with or better quality parts used, in reference to the nylon pipe, because this is where it was defenitly leaking collant before, and it has me thinking, same will happen again. Anyone any knowledge of this, il try and put a picture up of how ford done the repair 

Ford has never changed the design of the MK3 degas hose. The material of the hose was changed in 2014 but the design remained the same.

The MK3.5 hoses have a completely different design. This design is known to be more reliable. Ford however has never applied the MK3.5 hoses on the MK3. The MK3.5 hoses are simply not listed in the parts software as being compatible with the MK3.

If you want the more reliable MK3.5 hoses installed onto your MK3 you will have to pay yourself to have these installed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, have u any Idea how much that would cost to get done?, as I'd like that done, as iv a new engine fitted and I believe same thing will happen and engine will get wrecked, because of leaks and loss of collant 

A while back a set of Mk3.5 hoses were around the £50 mark, plus some labour to fit (guess about an hour) and some new coolant.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know can the 3.5 hoses and different system be fitted on the mk3 , 2012 ford focus ecoboost, can it be done?? 

2 hours ago, Graeme stitt said:

Does anyone know can the 3.5 hoses and different system be fitted on the mk3 , 2012 ford focus ecoboost, can it be done?? 

Yes. Start a bit earlier in the current thread for instructions here: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/96502-ecoboost-degas-hose-question/page/2/

• Thanks 1

The MK3 1.0 ECOboost cooling system hoses can easily be converted to MK3.5 specifications.

The MK3.5 cylinder head temperature sensor however is a different story. The sensor can be installed but the wiring for the sensor is missing and both the PCM hardware and software does not support the cylinder head temperature sensor.

After I developed a coolant level warning system that communicates with the instrument cluster by CANbus communication a few Years ago I decided to take it to the next level.

I am currently working on a module that integrates into the CANbus network and monitors the coolant temperature, cylinder head temperature and coolant level realtime. If the temperature exceeds the treshold value or no coolant is detected inside the reservoir a warning message is generated on the instrument cluster. 

Will ford upgrade to 3.5 spec doing away with the tee piece if I enquire about it?, as I say I dnt want the new engine fitted to get ruined, I feel like they have done the repair, but not repaired it to 100%,do I need to worry about the cylinder head temperature sensor

3 hours ago, Graeme stitt said:

Will ford upgrade to 3.5 spec doing away with the tee piece if I enquire about it?, as I say I dnt want the new engine fitted to get ruined, I feel like they have done the repair, but not repaired it to 100%,do I need to worry about the cylinder head temperature sensor

They may do but it is a very easy swap to do and any half competent individual can do it in less than an hour. The hoses cost me £52 a couple of years ago and once you've bought them just follow the instructions on the link above and you will see just how easy it is to swap them.

I didn't have an issue with the temp. sensor and I don't think most others have either ??

When the new hoses get fitted Phil, does additional work need done for the temp sensor,?, why do Ford not do this job properly taking out the tee piece and hose, why after fitting me a new engine leave the tee piece there with hose, which will leak within time

The hoses just replace the current hoses and no sensors are touched.

The facelift design is not listed by ford as compatible for the pre-facelift which is why a ford dealer will replace it with the as already fitted

Thanks jlawes, so because it's just fitted the prefacelift way, will the same thing definitely happen, loss of collant? 

It's not just the t-piece that is taken out....both of the hoses are different too (see the above link) and although Ford don't admit to them being compatible for the MK3 they most certainly are as they are a direct replacement which eliminates any possibility of it happening again.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 12:23 PM, zenmn said:

Having a weird issue regarding coolant loss.

Firstly, I had last checked the oil and coolant 3 weeks ago as part of some general checks since we are starting to get in to the cold weather. Everything was sound, all fluid levels good and the car had only been fully serviced in July.

Cut to a couple of days ago when I was driving I noticed that the heater wasn't working well, pushing only luke warm air at best when idle then proper hot air when moving. Pulled into a shop ASAP and popped the bonnet. The coolant expansion tank was completely empty, so bought some fluid and filled it up and drove home (very short distance) and left it overnight as it was too dark to check anything at the time. I checked the oil again to and it absolutely reeked of petrol and seemed super watery (even more than how watery the oil is for these models).

Next morning I checked the level again, it had dropped a bit to between Min + Max as I would have expected, so topped it up again then started the car up and took it for a mile run to get it to normal op temperature. I then left it running to check for any potential leaks. Nothing at all. Got it into a garage the next morning and they did pressure checks etc and said everything seemed fine and there were no leaks that they could spot. They said the oil seemed fine but I got them to change it anyway for my own peace of mind.

Now the blower eventually runs warm at idle, but it's not reaching the really hot temp I know it should and previously did. Tried running from cool with the expansion tank cap off to help move any potential trapped air but it still definitely runs significantly hotter at speed. The expansion tank level hasn't moved since, but I haven't done a lot of driving outside of getting back from garage and the test run for blower heater.

Really confused to what's happened over 3 weeks for it to completely disappear like that. Any ideas?

Just took car to ford there, to ask them  about work they had done on the recall of my car, they told me that modified parts had been used, I told them of my concern that this issue might happen again, they again stated that modified parts had been used  and basically not to worry, my worry been that this issue of collant leaks would happen again leaking to damage to the new engine etc they fitted,   so hopefully fingers crossed I have no further trouble, they said about taking a service plan out with them, paying monthly which I might take up for piece of mind 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club