Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EcoBoost degas hose question

Pebbleheed

13 minutes ago, Graeme stitt said:

Just took car to ford there, to ask them  about work they had done on the recall of my car, they told me that modified parts had been used, I told them of my concern that this issue might happen again, they again stated that modified parts had been used  and basically not to worry, my worry been that this issue of collant leaks would happen again leaking to damage to the new engine etc they fitted,   so hopefully fingers crossed I have no further trouble, they said about taking a service plan out with them, paying monthly which I might take up for piece of mind 👍

The parts are modified compared to the original part, but they do still break eventually in that design.  You should have several years before it's a problem though!  A service plan won't reduce the reduce of the pipe breaking again.

• Like 2

Is there anyone out there who has had the recall done, new engine, new modified parts etc fitted, and the same thing has ended up happening, leading to leak off  collant,  damaging the new engine that was fitted? 

19 minutes ago, Graeme stitt said:

Is there anyone out there who has had the recall done, new engine, new modified parts etc fitted, and the same thing has ended up happening, leading to leak off  collant,  damaging the new engine that was fitted? 

It has happened a few time yes, not to me personally though!  We have also seen a few lucky escapes where the new hose has broken but people have been more aware of the issue and stopped the engine immediately to avoid the damage.

1 hour ago, Graeme stitt said:

If you have a look under my profile you should find my post about degas hose problems.

Slightly different circumstances since mine wasn't a replaced engine, but I believe my car (April 2014 build Ti Nav) came from the factory with the 'improved' hose.

Not sure a service plan would help a lot (I have one), since odds are if it was leaking it would happen and be catastrophic before it was picked up during the next service.

• Like 1

Your car is now 9 years old so why would you want to waste money taking it to Ford for servicing ??

Spend the £50ish on the Mk3.5 hose which eliminates the issue immediately then just get a trusted local independent garage to service it when it needs it 😉

• Like 1

The work ford have done Phil has a 1 year warranty with it, iv asked them would they fit the 3.5 hoses they said no as the job they have done is modified, so I'm not  gonna touch it as it would invalidate the warranty, would like it done, but dnt wanna touch it myself, and tbh I'd want ford to do it, fingers crossed I get awhile out of it, either that or I get rid of it lol👍

14 hours ago, Phil3747 said:

Your car is now 9 years old so why would you want to waste money taking it to Ford for servicing ??

I'd always taken our 1.0L Ecoboost to Ford in the belief that indie garages wouldn't know how touchy the engines are in regards to oil spec etc. but as it's 9 years old I thought I'd put it into my local indie that I've used for our other cars. I then discovered they'd used engine flush in it and when I queried it they said they'd checked with Forte who claimed their flush was compatible with the wetbelt. I don't know whether or not that's believable but I'm now wondering whether to get rid as it's coming up for a belt change next year anyway.

2 hours ago, mjt said:

I'd always taken our 1.0L Ecoboost to Ford in the belief that indie garages wouldn't know how touchy the engines are in regards to oil spec etc. but as it's 9 years old I thought I'd put it into my local indie that I've used for our other cars. I then discovered they'd used engine flush in it and when I queried it they said they'd checked with Forte who claimed their flush was compatible with the wetbelt. I don't know whether or not that's believable but I'm now wondering whether to get rid as it's coming up for a belt change next year anyway.

Forte's 'New Generation' flush is said to be compatible with wetbelts.  But I'm still not sure I'd risk it...

14 hours ago, Graeme stitt said:

The work ford have done Phil has a 1 year warranty with it, iv asked them would they fit the 3.5 hoses they said no as the job they have done is modified, so I'm not  gonna touch it as it would invalidate the warranty, would like it done, but dnt wanna touch it myself, and tbh I'd want ford to do it, fingers crossed I get awhile out of it, either that or I get rid of it lol👍

In that case I would wait until the warranty expires then get your local Indie to change to the Mk3.5 hoses...problem solved 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjt said:

I think a lot of people will be getting shut rather than fork out circa. £1300 for the belt doing but with the price of second hand cars having gone through the roof just lately then some will be forced to keep hold longer than they probably would like.

Hi guys 

Have any of you who upgraded the hose from the mk3.5 to the mk3 have experienced any other issue with the leakings?Have any of you done a high mileage with this upgrade on? I'm considering to do the upgrade but I really wanna know if its gonna be worth it, since I heard that the hoses are not the only leaking problem n the cooling system.

I had no issues or leaks on both Focuses that I replaced them on. 

My partner's has covered around 40k miles since the swap with no issues at all. Only had the hoses on my Focus for around 2000 miles before I then changed to a Kuga.

Hi guys 

Have any of you who upgraded the hose from the mk3.5 to the mk3 have experienced any other issue with the leakings?Have any of you done a high mileage with this upgrade on? I'm considering to do the upgrade but I really wanna know if its gonna be worth it, since I heard that the hoses are not the only leaking problem n the cooling system.

You are worrying un-necessarily Carles....the problem with the Mk3 hoses is the plastic t-piece which deteriorates over time (around 3 years-ish ??) and eventually breaks, resulting in instantaneous coolant loss and potentially catastrophic over-heating. The Mk3.5 hoses are just rubber hoses with NO t-piece whatsoever, so therefore the problem is eliminated...it's as simple as that, honestly, so yes it is definitely worth £52 and no, the car has not experienced any cooling issues since I changed it around 2 years and circa. 15,000 miles ago. No brainer !!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club