Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford KA 2010 - Heating blowing cold

FoggyF

Picked up 2010 Ford KA for daughter and heating blows cold until you crank up the fan speed and their is a "pop" sound under the dash that suggests a plastic valve opens and allows hot air to enter the cabin. Suggests that this valve is sticking and just needs a blast of air to release this. This is a pain as it does need a few efforts at times to get this flap open - no good for my daughter when she is without a clear windscreen!! Can anyone confirm what this is and how it can be simply resolved.

I thought at first it could be the heater control valve, but I don't see how increasing the fan speed frees it off.

Other thing I can think of is the blend door is getting stuck, and is probably an actuator failure. Couldn't tell you where they are located on a KA though.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully someone knows where the actuator failure is or it's off to the local ford dealer.

• 1 month later...

it could be the heater control valve

• 4 years later...

HI 

Did you find the problem to this 

I have the same model and problem

thanks 

mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club