Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Guess the engine/car (bit of fun)

jace1969

I would also go with Renault 5 Turbo, nothing else has those lights and a 'wedge' like that at the back! 

3 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Ive started something now :smile:

The thing is i don't of a lot of pics of stuff like engines so ill just watch and learn.

Yes you definitely have. I think its going to end up being obscure engines as well as close-ups of car features.

Oh, and @zain611, that engine is undoubtedly from a Nissan Leaf :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I didn't realise it was 'winner stays on' lol. Not a picture of my own, my mum had one!! Pic from google6c23d50f9577771acfe31c3ca909cd0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's a Renault 5. I've been seeing it too much in Ali G the movie 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dansallis said:

I would also go with Renault 5 Turbo, nothing else has those lights and a 'wedge' like that at the back! 

Yes you definitely have. I think its going to end up being obscure engines as well as close-ups of car features.

Oh, and @zain611, that engine is undoubtedly from a Nissan Leaf :wink:

Never knew the leaf had a diesel engine :laugh:

This should be a easy one.

Easy to get the make but can you guess what car.

Photo047.jpg

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Is that the same engine you get in an astra VXR? 

All i know it aint a VXR............I wish,don't know if they put it in the VXR but could do.

I added my bit of bling as got some chrome parts for it and i had this car a nice few years ago.

its a vauxhall vectra , early one but cant decide what year. certainly not a modern car with that throttle cable wrapped round engine bay

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

its a vauxhall vectra , early one but cant decide what year. certainly not a modern car with that throttle cable wrapped round engine bay

I didn’t notice that! 

11 hours ago, iantt said:

Yes ok your right.

Any idea on the model/cc.

2 hours ago, kingsblue said:

Vectra, either 1.8 16v ecotec or the 2.0 16v ecotec X20XEV.

Yes its one of them as as far as i know they only did the 2 as the 1.6 was 8 valve and 2.5 or 2.6 was a v6.

I aint got a clue but is there ant difference on the engine layout between the 1.8 and the 2.0.

6 hours ago, iantt said:

1.6 club or ls

You aint got a lot more in the models lol.........but these 2 aint right and the 1.6 was a 8valve.

Is there any difference looking at the engine bay between the 1.8 and 2.0.

I don't think you can but its my old CDX which i have to say was A1 with not a lot of problems and mint.

Photo051.jpg

Photo049.jpg

This is another one which i found but not mine,we all know it vauxhall but i only put this on as its the first time i have seen one.

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, jace1969 said:

Is there any difference looking at the engine bay between the 1.8 and 2.0.

I don't think you can but its my old CDX which i have to say was A1 with not a lot of problems and mint.

Photo051.jpg

Photo049.jpg

I kept thinking of the newer vectra to the one you showed. 

The other picture looks to be a newer vauxhall. 

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Photo049.jpg

OOFT! That quality wood though! :cool:

• Haha 1

I did like this car and had it a while,only sold it for a lower millage car and smaller car and as you can see i try to look after my cars as much as i can.

6 minutes ago, dansallis said:

OOFT! That quality wood though! :cool:

Isn't it terrible,a nice titanium look would of been better.

GM for you.

As for the newer engine i put on here i was shocked when i read a few details on it as for the CC of it.

1.4 turbo but not sure on car. adam?
Yes s 1.4 turbo and a corsa 2015,there was only the Adam or corsa I think that had it but what shocked me is 99bhp from a 1.4 turbo,the 3 pot ecoboost is 125 and only a 1 litre.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Yes s 1.4 turbo and a corsa 2015,there was only the Adam or corsa I think that had it but what shocked me is 99bhp from a 1.4 turbo,the 3 pot ecoboost is 125 and only a 1 litre.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What's the 0-60 time on that? Not all engines are made to be efficient. I was looking at a VW fox 1.2 and that has £150 tax and takes 17.5 seconds to 60 which is slow. My previous car had a 1 litre petrol engine and had £20 tax, claimed more mpg and is 3 seconds quicker to 60 😂 from a 1 litre. 

49 minutes ago, zain611 said:

What's the 0-60 time on that? Not all engines are made to be efficient. I was looking at a VW fox 1.2 and that has £150 tax and takes 17.5 seconds to 60 which is slow. My previous car had a 1 litre petrol engine and had £20 tax, claimed more mpg and is 3 seconds quicker to 60 😂 from a 1 litre. 

The Mk5 Polo is also horrifically slow, with high tax and relatively poor economy.  They're not even well specced with no cruise or auto lights/wipers.  I think target market must be old people that will only buy VW but don't care about driving or costs at all. :unsure:  Shame as they look really good imo!

I've noticed the new Polo ad is aiming it at rubbish drivers as well...basically says it has enough driver aids to keep you safe if you can't drive... :laugh: 

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The Mk5 Polo is also horrifically slow, with high tax and relatively poor economy.

A VW with poor fuel economy?! Nahhhhh! They all do 1,000,000 mpg! :wink:

#dieselgate

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club