4 replies to this topic

#1 myquest

myquest

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 7

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

I've just bought a 2009 Fiesta Mk7 1.4 5-dr hatch and need a wiring diagram to hook up the newly-installed towbar.
I am aware that the electrical system is can-bus/multiplex and have the requisite 7-way bypass relay to tap into the various lamp wires. This to be powered from the fused 'Trailer' position in the pax fusebox but without a diagram am not sure if there is a supply wire -or plug/socket already installed from this to the rear of the car. Can't see anything obvious running from the looms.
Can any one help on this and/or have a copy of the relevant wiring diagram? Thanks in advance.
MQ
p.s. Er - Why are 'Daylight running lights' deemed necessary when there are at least 4 lamps installed at the front.....?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

:)

I've just bought a 2009 Fiesta Mk7 1.4 5-dr hatch and need a wiring diagram to hook up the newly-installed towbar.
I am aware that the electrical system is can-bus/multiplex and have the requisite 7-way bypass relay to tap into the various lamp wires. This to be powered from the fused 'Trailer' position in the pax fusebox but without a diagram am not sure if there is a supply wire -or plug/socket already installed from this to the rear of the car. Can't see anything obvious running from the looms.
Can any one help on this and/or have a copy of the relevant wiring diagram? Thanks in advance.
MQ
p.s. Er - Why are 'Daylight running lights' deemed necessary when there are at least 4 lamps installed at the front.....?

:) dont no if these are any good

#3 myquest

myquest

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

:)
:) dont no if these are any good

Many thanks but not what I need - I'll keep looking..!
MQ

#4 Slugsy

Slugsy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

hi mate so run it by me again. What is it your acutally after?? I dont think that the car's wiring is canbus all the way to the lighting unit. I believe its canbus to a point where it enters a canbus conversion box then outto normal wiring.

Slug

#5 myquest

myquest

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

Hello Slug
I need to know if there is a dedicated wire from the 'Trailer' fuse socket in the passenger's fuse box, running to the rear of the car.
A wiring diagram might give a clue as to where - if it exists - it's hidden...
However,I'm just popping in to the dealer's - who have relented and promised me a copy of their diagram ; so I may be fixed.

Many thanks for your help. Good to know this Forum is active!

MQ

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users