btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,515 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

I am so glad I didn't buy the Mk3 last April. They wanted £16,300 for the 1.6 Edge at the time, so I bought a Mk2.5 Sport for £12,900 instead.

Now the Edge is under £12k and the Zetec is £13.6k. I would have been gutted to lose that much value on top of normal depreciation.

Here is the add:
http://www.lookers.co.uk/ford/offers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,116 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

the new focus hasnt done as well as ford thought it would for a lot of reasons the economy for one and the price giving you can get more reliable makes with good spec and 5-7 year warranties for a few grand less. i saw a mondeo titanium x in the showroom for 31,000 for a ford i dont think so but theyre you go

#3 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Seems like a lot of manufacturers have implemented price increases. I had a Civic before the Focus which cost £19.5k. Equivalent spec New Civic is £23k (3 yrs later).

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,116 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

i believe they call it rip off britain lol :unsure:

#5 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I am so glad I didn't buy the Mk3 last April. They wanted £16,300 for the 1.6 Edge at the time, so I bought a Mk2.5 Sport for £12,900 instead.

Now the Edge is under £12k and the Zetec is £13.6k. I would have been gutted to lose that much value on top of normal depreciation.

Here is the add:
http://www.lookers.co.uk/ford/offers

To confirm the above is a dealership wide effort to shift stock:

In the two years four months since I bought my second hand Mk2 Focus from a semi local Ford Dealership, I've never had a text message from them.

Well last week I did, it was as expected a brief message.

New Fords @ Cost Price

Buy Now !! No Repayments for 3 Mths-
Grab yourself a 12 Plate Bargain today at
Dews Ford No Deposit Required

Call Us 01422 301000

For all its pre launch hype as a "World Car" it is obvious to all but the blind, that here in the UK the Mk3 Focus has not been received with the same enthusiasm as the mould breaking Mk1 Focus and even it's blander but nonetheless technically better and roomier Mk2 version.

Personally, it looks to Asian to me, also the Mk2/2.5 sat nicely in-between the Fiesta Town Car and the ever bigger every model upgraded Mondeo in the executive car sector [ nodoubt a reflection of car manufactures acknowledging UK society is heading towards USA levels of obesity]

The Focus filled the "one car family" remit in that it was not only fun to drive, but it was spacious [ especially width wise ] it could seat five in reasonable comfort, and had a decent boot. That once the back seats were let down it could take an assembled Ikea kitchen table and four chairs. You could say now it's just a Fiesta that has been fed on steroids, but unfortunately in this instance it's bum ain't as big as the Mk2.5

The differences that made the Focus brand stand out are not there now as far as I'm concerned, and disappointing sales figures would suggest I'm not alone in thinking that.

It now has the look of one of the many Asian styled cars out there. And if that is not a turn off as a buyer, then why not buy a decent spec'ed Cia Ceed with a seven years peace of mind warranty

rant over :ph34r:

#6 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Name: Sara
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2012

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

Typical I bought mine a month ago and now they drop the price!!!!!!!!

#7 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Typical I bought mine a month ago and now they drop the price!!!!!!!!

Yes they certainly saw you coming Sara. Coincidently at the time you informed the board of you intended purchase I all but stated as much. In that I could not understand the logic of you contemplating trading in your late model Mk2.5 for the Mk3, other than you took the advise of a guy who has a vested interest in shifting new cars over that of people on your side here on the forum.

But as they say ....................you can lead a horse to water but...................

#8 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hi, I brought my car in sept for £17k so I'm not complaining, however It is common for the price of a car to drop a year after they have first come out anyway. But we are talking discounted dealership figures not what ford state as I think they've not changed..
Chris

#9 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Also if you look back over a number of years, Ford dealerships have always offered big discounts - normally by pricing high in the first place.

#10 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hang on guys that's 13600 for the petrol zetec version, now mines the 1.6tdci 115 zetec with zetec appearance pack, city pack, sat navigation pack, met paint and mines also got alround electric windows.

#11 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Yes they certainly saw you coming Sara. Coincidently at the time you informed the board of you intended purchase I all but stated as much. In that I could not understand the logic of you contemplating trading in your late model Mk2.5 for the Mk3, other than you took the advise of a guy who has a vested interest in shifting new cars over that of people on your side here on the forum.

But as they say ....................you can lead a horse to water but...................

Yes I remember but it broken down 4 times with engine malfunction light within a year, I had to be recovered 2 times I was late for work on the 4 occasion and the boss wasn't very understanding! ford said they'd fixed it but it was happening again so I wanted rid of it I couldn't trust the car anymore my journey to work is 70 miles, I need something reliable!

#12 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Now you have explained the circumstances in detail regards your boss's attitude to your car problems, I see your predicament Sara. Never a good time to make buying decisions when under such duress.

Anyway I take it your happy with the car in it's self.

Premium prices on new models followed by discounting is as another poster pointed out par for the course. Once the "must have the latest " demand has been sated, discounting is used to maintain sales momentum.

#13 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hang on guys 13600 for the petrol zetec version, mines the 1.6tdci 115 zetec with zetec appearance pack, city pack, sat navigation pack, met paint and mines also got alround electric windows.

Hi, you got a good price there Sarah, personally I wouldn't be seen dead in any asian offering..
Chris

#14 tomo2001

tomo2001

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi, you got a good price there Sarah, personally I wouldn't be seen dead in any asian offering..
Chris

Did Sarah get that price or is that the price mentioned at Lookers in the earlier post ?

#15 Sara Fiesta

Sara Fiesta

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Did Sarah get that price or is that the price mentioned at Lookers in the earlier post ?

I haggled I paid under 15K for my car, I thought this was very good price.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users