Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG.

poohbear

So what's everyones best MPG so far? I've had mine 3 weeks, was doing about 33.0 mpg but took it on a trip up the motorway on sunday and now have it up to 34.2.

Is it going to get any better I wonder?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poohbear

• Sara Fiesta

• MichellefromEssex

• Russ

The best EVER I have had was 51.3 mpg,its settled down now to around 46 mpg (1.4i petrol) and returns this, plus or minus about 1 to 2 mpg all the time so I think its not bad

Kristal

1.4 petrol, best I got so far has been 52.9mpg on a 28 mile jouney. averages around 40mpg normally.

42mpg current 1700 miles on the clock mix of motorway and town. This is from a 1.6TDCI.

I get between 35 and 38 depending how i drive it around town :) Going on a 80 mile trip tomorrow to Brands hatch so i expect atleast 45 - 50 MPG

I am getting about 45-46mpg from a 1.6TDCi with some 2700miles on clock and only 3 weeks old. Don't for get I am a driving instructor so the pupils don't always drive in the most economical (although better than what most plp think) plus they do alot of reversing manourvers. I have noticed it get a little better even in this amount of resonable low milage.

I normally average high 60's somewhere aroung 67mpg normally, but the absolute best was done over a 15 - 20 mile reasonably flat stretch of road where i reset the meter just to see what i could do and i got 96mpg.

So that is the absolute best i have ever gotten.

Sorry should add that its a 1.6 tdci zetec and i'd done about 5k miles back then.

im on 37mpg after around 4 weeks.

Have you reset it, becuase i was on 33/34 then i reset it and stays at 37ish now.

Currently getting 46mpg according to the clock, but actual figure for last fill-up was nearly 54mpg. My average is now 49mpg

do u press the trip button when its on the mpg to reset?? ill try that :)

Just press and hold the trip button in for a few seconds, you will see it reset. You can reset all the readings except how many miles you have left in tank of course.

Oh dear, i reset it and it was still the same!!!

Don't worry too much Poohbear--like SY99 said earlier it will get better unless you drive like a lunatic and red line it in every gear!

I'm getting around 40 mpg out of mine on average but it's only done just over 2k.

When I had my Astra the dealer told me that it can take up to 10-15k miles for the engine to really loosen up................. B)

Got back from Brands Hatch, trip computer reported 47 MPG with an average speed of 60 mph B) Not bad for a car with just 1200 miles on it

Woo hoo I got 43.1mpg this morning on my 30 min dual carriage way drive (obviously a few roundabouts and junctions in that time too). I am very impressed, definately beats my 9mpg Mercedes ml430 lol.

I'm now getting around the mid 50's mixed driving, change petrol stations made a difference. I did complain on an earlier post about the MPG but I think it's settling down now and I’m getting to know the car better.

2007 Ghia 1.6TDCI

17K on the clock

Does your MPG number change all the time?

When I first had the car, it hardly ever changed. I have pressed the reset button again today, the number started at 90 MPG (!) then slowly dropped down as I was driving all the way to 23 MPG, then has now settled at 35.6/36.6 area.

I'm a bit worried i've broken it as it hardly ever moved before but now does all the time. Saying that, when I collected the car it was on 41 MPG whereas a lot of other people where saying there's was on 8/9 MPG.

Mines the same if I reset the fuel computer it starts really high 90s then drops to 30s and takes a long time to get up to the 40s/50s and constantly changes and even drops sitting at traffic lights!.

I bought mines in December second hand with 15k on the clock, when I picked it up it was showing 53mpg on the mpg computer. I reset the fuel computer as soon as I picked up the car and was only getting the mid 30s early 40s and like you I kept resetting it and trying different things but it didn’t change.

I was not happy about this and it went back to Fords and they attached a computer to check for errors but none were found.

As the car went back a few times I got to know the Ford technician and he was really helpful he told me that the mpg computer works out the average fuel and not the constant fuel mpg he told me not to reset it and it will work it out over 500 miles, so I did what he said and it's slowly climbing up, its showing 50.6 mpg at the moment (had a bit of a mad moment's driving) but now it's very slowly creeping up. It took 2 tank full’s of fuel to get this reading into the 50s that nearly 850 miles.

Hope this helps,

Sara

:rolleyes:

Its because its the average MPG not the constant.

The reading will be more variable and flexating while the car has not done many miles... the more miles you do the more accurate it becomes.

If you're interested in learning how to drive economically resetting it is a good way to learn as you get a more instantaneous idea of what you are doing and how it affects it.

i dont have one of those fancy gauges in mine, but i can get an average of around 45-50 to the gallon. based on a fill up then top up with 14 litres after 140 miles, 100 in one journey on twisty A roads and on a cold morning and forty over a weekend. i have a problem with my right foot, it seems to be made of lead, and i have an induction kit fitted.

my best was 75 mpg with an average speed of 65 mph.

all in a 1.4 16v fiesta. much better than the 15 mpg which was the best from my old V8 range rover when it was standard and driven lightly. hard driving with an auto and it dropped well below ten, never measured probably for fear of my wallet running away! :rolleyes:

It has been really good tonight teaching me the best way to drive economically and not have such a heavy foot!

Am now on 39.5 mpg :) xx. only done 900 miles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club