Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Cheap Focus Rebuild

georgen

Kinky this is the FOC forum isnt it :D

Yes Find Other Companionship lmao

• Like 1

Kinky this is the FOC forum isnt it :D

Yes Find Other Companionship lmao

I sense trouble waters in your future Lenny, your moon must be on a collision course with Uranus LOL.

• Like 1

Well she has been picked up from the Valeters, and apart from a couple of stains on the front seat bases has come up a treat, they did say wait till they completely dry then take it back in for another try. overall paintwork has a lot of small scratches but a machine polisher and about 4 hours should kick those into touch, then its only a couple of bits of paint and rear arch repair.

But for now she has test and tax plus insurance so my better half is over the moon, and as the old saying goes happy wife happy life he is a few pics. ;)

011_zps1c8c30d1.jpg

009_zpsbbcec177.jpg

014_zpsf54be8c1.jpg

010_zps705c3254.jpg

013_zpsad18e6c3.jpg

008_zpsfc48bc1f.jpg

007_zps65ce2524.jpg

004_zps2f323dbb.jpg

005_zps77be6c9f.jpg

001_zpsd651f86a.jpg

002_zpsd9684897.jpg

Amazing what you can do with a bit of TLC, what a great job and what a bargain!

• Like 1

two words - Jammy begger - two more words - Bang Tidy!

That is one heck of a transformation, and I know who I need to employ should I need any panels replacing...

Good job George! so - when do the mods start ;)

• Like 2

Good job George! so - when do the mods start ;)

+1

With all the money saved on the build I'd expect a DuraTec ST engine trasplant hidden inside the LX body with the duplex exhaust tips curled down tips to hide inside the rear bumper and a chrome 1.4 badge on the boot next to the LX

Keep it as a sleeper ;)

This idea could catch on in time lol

• Like 1

If you wanted to get those stains out yourself mate what you should use is AutoGlym Hi Foam interior shampoo, it comes in an aerosol and its cheap and lasts for ages mate so itll save you having to go to the valeters the whole time ;)

• Like 1

Cheers Guys, Unfortunately this is now the other halves car, so will be no mods, in-fact it will be de-modded as I have my eyes on the front foglights the new bumper came with for mine, she isnt even bothered about the rear arch but I will be sorting that just not at this minute. on the seat front once dry they look ok but if they need doing again it would be free but will prob grab some of that anyway as mine needs doing and i have a carpet washer at home with an attachment so might give it a blast myself. Lenny the name of the game for our lass is cheap motoring as she uses her car for work so is driving about all day so the cheaper it is to run the more she clicks on her millage :).

It certainly is one of the best rebuilds and bonus deals I have seen so far. I dont think anyone can fault that.

Best Buy of the year, cheapest repairs, and a massively quick turnaround for the entire thing (especially for a 'home jobber') Seriously fella, you should be proud!

• Like 1

It certainly is one of the best rebuilds and bonus deals I have seen so far. I dont think anyone can fault that.

Best Buy of the year, cheapest repairs, and a massively quick turnaround for the entire thing (especially for a 'home jobber') Seriously fella, you should be proud!

Cheers James , our lass just gave me some flowers and said thank you for the car lol, She picked them herself Ahhh. It was a lot of luck with the car as-well, when you buy them blind it could of been a lot worse but this time I got lucky. Now got to turn my hand to salesman to do the impossible and sell a megane with a fat !Removed!, then I might get some of my pennies back i put into this. :)

If you can't get the stains out of the seats (and they bother you) you can get some seat covers easily enough. I got some heated covers for about £30ish each which are heavenly in winter.

(Just make sure you get decent quality ones - not worth saving a few pence if it burns your behind!)

• Like 1

Feel free to post a link to the covers you bought minnis, I am tempted to consider these!

George, what do you / did you do for a living out of curiosity?

• Like 1

Feel free to post a link to the covers you bought minnis, I am tempted to consider these!

George, what do you / did you do for a living out of curiosity?

I am a maintenance engineer working for a upvc company, but Ive been around cars and bikes all my life, rode since 6 and drove from 10, mates father had 12 acres of land when i was growing up so you can imagine cars got broke lol, and parents would not fix them so we had too, call it evolution :lol:

• Like 1

Very good! I was half expecting you to say something automobile related to be honest! you may wish to name your hourly rate now, after this job, you might have a few folks in your local area wish to abuse your services ;)

Unfortunately, I cannot find the link :/. If you go onto amazon, and read reviews, that'll probably be your best bet, as I remember doing this. Generally, avoid one's that are around a tenner each, and go for ones that are £30-40 each. From what I've read, they'll last several years.

On my seat front, now dry stains have gone :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well today I cleaned the engine bay on our lasses car cos it was black, well at least i remembered to take before pics this time :D

011_zps555c3482.jpg

010_zpsbc965917.jpg

and after, usual gunk brushed on then rinsed dried then soaked in wd40 and wiped back off with microfibre after 5-10 minutes.

013_zps344f41d4.jpg

014_zps7fe662cc.jpg

015_zps44fea527.jpg

019_zps44596f1a.jpg

020_zps9abd1bd2.jpg

• Like 2

Seriously good transformation on the engine bay, considering what it was like :)

Like new :)

• Like 1

Looks fantastic George,

Your fingers and particularly knuckles must be akeing you but fantastic job should last a good while

• Like 1

Cheers Guys, Its no effort at all, 10 min to apply and brush Gunk in, rinse with hose 2 min,dry with engine running and microfibre cloth 3-5 min, Soak with WD40 2 min then leave 5-10 min then wipe off with microfibre cloth 5 min. so start to finish in 30 minutes. :)

• Like 1

Cheers Guys, Its no effort at all, 10 min to apply and brush Gunk in, rinse with hose 2 min,dry with engine running and microfibre cloth 3-5 min, Soak with WD40 2 min then leave 5-10 min then wipe off with microfibre cloth 5 min. so start to finish in 30 minutes. :)

Legend,

I must get full details of headlight restoration from you mate,

• Like 1

Legend,

I must get full details of headlight restoration from you mate,

Not a prob Lenny, depends how bad they are but if really bad start with 2000 grit wet and dry use it wet, soapy water better and sand light down till smooth and uniform, then repeat with 2500 grit exactly the same, then use machine polisher and I use Farecla G3 regular grade paste compound, and machine polish back to a clear shine, simples. when I done the one on our lasses I didnt sand I just used the G3 and machine polisher and it took about 3 minutes then I used poorboys antiswirl 2.5 with the polisher for another 2 minutes, its a fine abrasive liquid.

I will add this is for modern polycarb lights, most are now not glass, and by bad I meen, have you seen them yellow and that rough they looked like they have been sand blasted, well they will come back but will take a lot of sanding and polishing.

• Like 1

Not a prob Lenny, depends how bad they are but if really bad start with 2000 grit wet and dry use it wet, soapy water better and sand light down till smooth and uniform, then repeat with 2500 grit exactly the same, then use machine polisher and I use Farecla G3 regular grade paste compound, and machine polish back to a clear shine, simples. when I done the one on our lasses I didnt sand I just used the G3 and machine polisher and it took about 3 minutes then I used poorboys antiswirl 2.5 with the polisher for another 2 minutes, its a fine abrasive liquid.

I will add this is for modern polycarb lights, most are now not glass, and by bad I meen, have you seen them yellow and that rough they looked like they have been sand blasted, well they will come back but will take a lot of sanding and polishing.

Thanks mate,

I don't have a polisher,

But I'll see how bad they are when I get the car,

It will be off the road for a month or two when purchased so I may remove package and post to you for treatment if that was an option,

I'll pay for return postage and your dedication of course,

Thats if you have some of the various products still available because I would be purchasing them only to use once,

I'll see how bad they are but I'm guessing bad since the car will be 13-15 years old

• Like 1

Thanks mate,

I don't have a polisher,

But I'll see how bad they are when I get the car,

It will be off the road for a month or two when purchased so I may remove package and post to you for treatment if that was an option,

I'll pay for return postage and your dedication of course,

Thats if you have some of the various products still available because I would be purchasing them only to use once,

I'll see how bad they are but I'm guessing bad since the car will be 13-15 years old

For you Lenny, that would not be a problem mate and I always have the products as they get used on paintwork. ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club