Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Trying to update my phone!

It's been telling me for ages that there's a software update available for it.  Download it without problem, go to do the install...BAM...Error...

Try using KIES to do it, and the thing just freezes up!

Research it and try a factory reset (backing everything important up to a few different places...just in case).  No ball.

FINALLY - I've managed to get KIES to at least download the effing update!!  Still only at 37% - but that's further than previous efforts.

Roll on September & Upgrade time...

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I get tired of waiting about an answer to my placement Monday, so call them on the advice of colleagues and friends, to be told I'd be emailed next week...

Now I'm wondering if I've A used my incentive  or B blown it...what dya think?

I don't like that the pedantic client continued to send further amendments, additions and notes, throughout today as well. So, what I thought would be around 4-5 hours yesterday, to compile, edit and submit: turned into a process that from start to finish took almost 21 hours.  They were finally happy at 17:39 this afternoon and I can now get on with what had been planned for today - some 9-10 late.:sad:

I also don't like Poole Council departments that chose to close early on Friday afternoons. :sad:  Meaning the civil servant,  I need to verify something with is unavailable until Monday at 8:45am, at the earliest.  Which in turn , is going to delay something I'd planned to do shortly. Why the civil service still continues to shut when everyone else is still trading/working whilst commencing business much later than everyone else -  is one of life's mysteries.:unsure:

9 hours ago, Ianb said:

Hide the salami in the showers is a game ive heard of, but never played.... You could suggest that if you get bored Chris....

I used to play "find the salami" with Brandy as part of her dog training.  A very simple version of the training professional sniffer dogs do, where bits of salami were hidden under various random cones and Brandy had to sniff it out.  There was also "fetch the salami" where a salami was thrown and she had to bring it back without eating it.  This wasn't as successful and finding hidden salami:mellow:  Neither was played in the showers.

57 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Plymouth City Council.......

.....AGAIN!

In the same vain Borough of Poole :angry:

51 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I get tired of waiting about an answer to my placement Monday, so call them on the advice of colleagues and friends, to be told I'd be emailed next week...

Now I'm wondering if I've A used my incentive  or B blown it...what dya think?

I would have said A, but i might be wrong:unsure:

54 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Trying to update my phone!

It's been telling me for ages that there's a software update available for it.  Download it without problem, go to do the install...BAM...Error...

Try using KIES to do it, and the thing just freezes up!

Research it and try a factory reset (backing everything important up to a few different places...just in case).  No ball.

FINALLY - I've managed to get KIES to at least download the effing update!!  Still only at 37% - but that's further than previous efforts.

Roll on September & Upgrade time...

When I had a Samsung, I found Kies, is an unpredictable thing: sometimes it works: sometimes it freezes:unsure:

LG use PC Suite, which whilst it doesn't freeze like Kies, is painstakingly slow and often forgets it's connected with wifi and goes searching for the USB connection:ohmy:

Following the sudden sound of smashing dishes and the cacophony of stools being knocked over downstairs:ohmy: 

I don't like that Brandy has worked out how to get up on the worktop, to access the cats tea, of prawns and salmon pieces.:sad: 

This is a new development, it used to be only food left on the kitchen table that was at risk.  The table is a lot lower than the worktop.  She has clearly used Bunty's stools as a stairway:sad:

I don't like getting to the end of my first week of work at a new department, knowing I am absolutely hopeless and cannot get my head around it.  Therefore, I'll likely end up resigning at some point next week and be jobless unless I can find something else. 

Either that, or I persist at it and end up sacked eventually for making multiple mistakes.

I don't like getting to the end of my first week of work at a new department, knowing I am absolutely hopeless and cannot get my head around it.  Therefore, I'll likely end up resigning at some point next week and be jobless unless I can find something else. 

Either that, or I persist at it and end up sacked eventually for making multiple mistakes.

Don't resign, everyone makes mistakes and it's how you learn from them that counts!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

My current job started last April.. I was indispensable at the last place(told by the boss & other workers) within the first week at my new job, I got told if I didn't improve I'd get sacked, this continued for about 2 weeks & got grassed on by everyone else all the time and was slow at milking(bearing in mind I'd never milked in a rotary parlour before) and slow on the outside jobs.  Now what do you know, oh look I'm indispensable, all after 9 months.  Stick with it matey, if your like me, you'll go from being moaned at, to doing the moaning.

• Like 2

I don't like that the pedantic client continued to send further amendments, additions and notes, throughout today as well. So, what I thought would be around 4-5 hours yesterday, to compile, edit and submit: turned into a process that from start to finish took almost 21 hours.  They were finally happy at 17:39 this afternoon and I can now get on with what had been planned for today - some 9-10 late.:sad:

I also don't like Poole Council departments that chose to close early on Friday afternoons. :sad:  Meaning the civil servant,  I need to verify something with is unavailable until Monday at 8:45am, at the earliest.  Which in turn , is going to delay something I'd planned to do shortly. Why the civil service still continues to shut when everyone else is still trading/working whilst commencing business much later than everyone else -  is one of life's mysteries.:unsure:

Local council aren't true civil servants that's reserved for us in central government. We're not allowed to look out the window in the morning cause if we do we won't have anything to do in the afternoon 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Oh dear lord don't get me started in their opening and closing times!!!! 8:30-5:30???

Ummm, so why was it when I phoned yesterday afternoon at 4:40 I was told half the office had already gone... -_-

Oh and then if you phone at 8:30 they're too busy to answer the phone, 10-11 they're on morning breaks, 12-2:30 it's lunch, 3-4 it's afternoon breaks... All other times its 'meetings'.... Bunch of ****

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ianb said:

Oh dear lord don't get me started in their opening and closing times!!!! 8:30-5:30???

Ummm, so why was it when I phoned yesterday afternoon at 4:40 I was told half the office had already gone... -_-

Oh and then if you phone at 8:30 they're too busy to answer the phone, 10-11 they're on morning breaks, 12-2:30 it's lunch, 3-4 it's afternoon breaks... All other times its 'meetings'.... Bunch of ****

hmmmm.......Plymouth Council's alleged opening hours are technically longer the Poole's alleged opening hours it would seem, 8:30am-4pm they claim they are open!:lol1: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

hmmmm.......Plymouth Council's alleged opening hours are technically longer the Poole's alleged opening hours it would seem, 8:30am-4pm they claim they are open!:lol1: 

What I'd do to have a job with them hours, preferably with the pay I'm on now ha

Brandy and I have had a very moist evening stroll:sad:  I'm sure the rain got harder the further we walked.

She saved her final shake to shed spare water until we were back in the hall, I'm now wearing all the water she gathered on her walk:sad:

25 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

What I'd do to have a job with them hours, preferably with the pay I'm on now ha

The local paper's FOI request into local government officers salaries revealed there are seven civil servants on over £1million and numerous people with vague job titles on 100K, they also get very generous final salary pensions.  Although they've stopped that for new employees

4 hours ago, Ianb said:

Don't resign, everyone makes mistakes and it's how you learn from them that counts!

I can't learn from them though Ian, the systems make no sense to me and I can't grasp them.  I feel so stupid because I knew the systems of the previous contract like the palm of my hand, but this one is like a foreign language to me. 

4 hours ago, Preecematt said:

My current job started last April.. I was indispensable at the last place(told by the boss & other workers) within the first week at my new job, I got told if I didn't improve I'd get sacked, this continued for about 2 weeks & got grassed on by everyone else all the time and was slow at milking(bearing in mind I'd never milked in a rotary parlour before) and slow on the outside jobs.  Now what do you know, oh look I'm indispensable, all after 9 months.  Stick with it matey, if your like me, you'll go from being moaned at, to doing the moaning.

I can't do it though Matt.  I knew pretty much all there was to know about the previous contract (M&S), but this one I'm clueless.  I don't know how to work the system and I doubt I ever will.  It is all code this and code that, and I just cannot get my head around it. 

I feel so pathetic, because people used to look up to me before, and now those people are doing better than I am. 

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I can't do it though Matt.  I knew pretty much all there was to know about the previous contract (M&S), but this one I'm clueless.  I don't know how to work the system and I doubt I ever will.  It is all code this and code that, and I just cannot get my head around it. 

I feel so pathetic, because people used to look up to me before, and now those people are doing better than I am. 

You'll learn though old lad!!!!  I felt pathetic when I started as I thought I knew what I was doing, come here and it's like going from a Ford garage to a Ferrari garage and now I've adapted & I'm very good at my job.  At least give it a month?  I started in April and I said to myself I'd give this new job a year(assuming I didn't get sacked) and touch wood at the moment I won't be leaving in April.  If you quit after a week, what will people think of you, give it a month & at least you can say you tried to get used to it but your leaving as you just can't get used to it(at least if you leave after the month it looks better on you, than getting sacked does) besides you might get a good reference out of it + to other people you might not be doing as bad as you think you are, if your depressed then that makes things an infinite amount worse than they actually are.  Remember what you were like when you first started your job in your old department and now you've mentioned people used to look up to you, if you give it time they will look up to you again.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GMX said:

Brandy and I have had a very moist evening stroll:sad:  I'm sure the rain got harder the further we walked.

She saved her final shake to shed spare water until we were back in the hall, I'm now wearing all the water she gathered on her walk:sad:

The local paper's FOI request into local government officers salaries revealed there are seven civil servants on over £1million and numerous people with vague job titles on 100K, they also get very generous final salary pensions.  Although they've stopped that for new employees

100k?  I could achieve my dream/ambition with that(my own farm by the time I'm 30) well at least set myself up for it.  Christ and they say where there's muck there's money.   Pffft.  

I don't like having nothing to do on a weekend....so bored. :sad: 

Blowing a gale and raining outside so can't even go for a walk....urgh...

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like having nothing to do on a weekend....so bored. :sad: 

Blowing a gale and raining outside so can't even go for a walk....urgh...

Yeah, I have things to do but just lack the motivation.  I need to go and see if I can fix the bonnet release on the Punto, and it isn't raining or that cold out - but I'd rather sit in the warm living room feeling sorry for myself! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Preecematt said:

You'll learn though old lad!!!!  I felt pathetic when I started as I thought I knew what I was doing, come here and it's like going from a Ford garage to a Ferrari garage and now I've adapted & I'm very good at my job.  At least give it a month?  I started in April and I said to myself I'd give this new job a year(assuming I didn't get sacked) and touch wood at the moment I won't be leaving in April.  If you quit after a week, what will people think of you, give it a month & at least you can say you tried to get used to it but your leaving as you just can't get used to it(at least if you leave after the month it looks better on you, than getting sacked does) besides you might get a good reference out of it + to other people you might not be doing as bad as you think you are, if your depressed then that makes things an infinite amount worse than they actually are.  Remember what you were like when you first started your job in your old department and now you've mentioned people used to look up to you, if you give it time they will look up to you again.

Well, I'll have to try - or at least wing it until something else comes along.

The fact is, as much as I may threaten to and want to, I cannot just leave without having another job to go to.  Bills need to be paid and that won't happen with £50 a week on the dole (which I wouldn't even get immediately if I were to voluntarily resign).

9 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Yeah, I have things to do but just lack the motivation.  I need to go and see if I can fix the bonnet release on the Punto, and it isn't raining or that cold out - but I'd rather sit in the warm living room feeling sorry for myself! :rolleyes:

Lol, I can't even think of anything that I could be doing, for once it's not motivation that's the issue.  Laptop battery is now critical though so I'll have to find something to do...probably clean the bathroom, that'll kill a bit of time...

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I can't even think of anything that I could be doing, for once it's not motivation that's the issue.  Laptop battery is now critical though so I'll have to find something to do...probably clean the bathroom, that'll kill a bit of time...

I could get the Kirby out - the carpets are getting below my standards to be honest.  But, I am determined to get out to the car first.  I need to get that bonnet open if only to fill up the screenwash for next week.

Trying to find/organise a second hand headlight unit for my FEZ....

Windscreen wipers juddering AGAIN. 

WINDS ME UP!!!

I don't like this:

WP_20160206_15_01_21_Pro.thumb.jpg.e8470WP_20160206_15_01_31_Pro.thumb.jpg.f07f0

Of course, it held on just to the point where I took over ownership of the car.  Talk about Murphy's law :angry:

Needless to say, I'm very peed off and don't even have any alcohol in the house to drown my sorrows.

Considering the car is parked on a busy road and relations with the neighbours aren't exactly rosy, I don't fancy trying to get the bonnet open and replacing the cable myself.  So, my only hope is an independent mechanic who has done work for us relatively cheaply in the past.  I'll buy a new cable on pay-day and get a quote from him.

It's like history repeating itself after what happened with our late-Focus :wallbash:

There might be a very few probably in local authorities but trust me the majority of us earn under £30k and get pitiful pay rise of 1% a year if we're lucky. The pension used to compensate for the low pay but we

pay contributions like everyone else and for most the final salary pension is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club