Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7:34 PM, Turvey said:

I feel your pain/discomfort :smile: got it done about 13 years ago! 

Before any injections, the surgeon told me he was going to 'give the area a quick wash with sterilised water' with what I assumed was a bag of room temperature water. Seconds later I discovered it was straight out of the fridge!!!! :surprise: It was at this precise moment that the theatre doors opened and a bespectacled  female nurse came in, walked up to the operating table and said "It IS you! I saw your name on the list and wondered if it was you!" An ex-school friend I hadn't seen for a few years. I told her that I wasn't exactly looking at my best just now and she might need stronger glasses! :laugh: 

We lived about 5 minutes walk away from the hospital so I walked home, don't think I could have walked back though!!! 

Good man for getting it done, a lot less hassle for us blokes compared to what women go through.

P.S One of our cats, Ozzy, is feeling much the same today after a visit to the vets. He's a couple of stones lighter! 

Cheers

My GP gave me a DVD to watch about vasectomy before choosing to have it done, 

Then when i went to get it done; the doctor on the DVD is the same doctor doing the vasectomy it's all centralized now so he's the one guy for whole country.

he says are you leonard woods? 

I said yes and your the guy from the DVD, 

He says "did you bring the DVD with you?" 

I said "no why"

He says "because i would have signed if for you" 😁 he then says "no joking we recycle them send them out to fellow patients that's all"

Sterilized the area with warm water but nurse was almost near retirement not really eye candy.

Got me thinking perhaps I should have held out few years to see the replacement😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't like having gone with the three forecaster services I use (Accuweatther, The Met Office and Netweather) and their prediction that it wouldn't rain overnight. :sad:Their earlier forecasts of rain overnight was now wrong, they all said it would now rain this afternoon and not overnight.yesterday. As a consequence, I didn't feed the lawn. Whilst you can feed it and then water it in with a hose and sprinkler, it makes more sense to time it, and get the rain to do it for you.

I woke up to all the empty vessels in the garden having around 25-30mm of rain in them, the sort of quantity of rain which would have been ideal for watering in lawn food:sad:

I also woke up with what feels like an abscess underneath my lower middle right molar, not exactly agony but rather irksome:sad:

We got flooded out in co.wexford between 5am and 8:32am non stop sorry pal 😕

I don't like coming to the realisation that there is nothing for me here, and moving away would be benefitial to all aspects of my life, but not having any money to do so!! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like coming to the realisation that there is nothing for me here, and moving away would be benefitial to all aspects of my life, but not having any money to do so!! 

If you're single perhaps seek love in far away places 

worked for me 😀 two weeks later I moved in, 

16 years later though tables turned I'm now housing her and out three kids but im still very thankful for day 1 when she took me in.

25 minutes ago, Lenny said:

If you're single perhaps seek love in far away places 

worked for me 😀 two weeks later I moved in, 

16 years later though tables turned I'm now housing her and out three kids but im still very thankful for day 1 when she took me in.

I've got enough problems as it is without adding a relationship to the equation...  But, thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

Lol, I'm sure there was a song about that...  99 Problems - Jamie Z... :laugh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, I'm sure there was a song about that...  99 Problems - Jamie Z... :laugh:

I'd count myself lucky if I only had 99 problems!! :laugh:

• Like 2

Got me thinking perhaps I should have held out few years to see the replacement😁

I'm sure Vicki would have offered to do it with a couple of bricks at that suggestion :blink:

I've got enough problems as it is without adding a relationship to the equation...  But, thanks for the suggestion!

See...you say that, but a good relationship is a big help!! Having someone who you can talk too - anything from the most intimate details of your life to what to watch on TV. Companionship is a wonderful thing.

I speak from experience - I have been in a relationship for the last few months after swearing for the previous couple of years that I wouldn't bother whilst I was still having problems (mental health). I'm in a much happier place now - and even failing the most important exam of my life to date didn't dampen my spirit!!

Nothing like the love of a good woman!!

• Like 3

more of jealousy than i dont like i suppose, but my parents going on about one of my cousins , he is having a mega sized house being built, multi millions. and he still has his £1million yahyt, blah blah blah. what ever. lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SeanW said:

See...you say that, but a good relationship is a big help!! Having someone who you can talk too - anything from the most intimate details of your life to what to watch on TV. Companionship is a wonderful thing.

I speak from experience - I have been in a relationship for the last few months after swearing for the previous couple of years that I wouldn't bother whilst I was still having problems (mental health). I'm in a much happier place now - and even failing the most important exam of my life to date didn't dampen my spirit!!

Annoyingly I'd probably have to agree with this, not from experience, but of the people I've 'met' (mostly on car forums tbf lol) that have got over their mental issues, or at least got them under control, they all put their success down to their girlfriend/boyfriend...  'Couldn't have done it without them' etc etc...  Eurgh... :dry::laugh: 

• Like 1

I wouldn't quite say that...I was on the right track, but Clare has certainly helped lol

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SeanW said:

I'm sure Vicki would have offered to do it with a couple of bricks at that suggestion :blink:

Wouldn't help me, just too many things broken in the upstairs department at the moment to inflict on anybody else.

• Like 1

I don't like the continuing abdominal cramps I'm going through. Going to be contacting the gastroenterology nurse tomorrow :sick:

• Like 1

I don't like writing a comment lambasting a news article for a grammatical error, and then realisting after posting it that I myself had misspelled a word...  To make it worse, there are no "edit" or "delete" options!  Damn it!! :no:

• Like 4

I don't like whacking my foot off my Hoover 612! Being a 1949 model and made of steel, the vacuum is unscathed, as for my toes...

• Like 1

I HATE washing machines,up at 4 most morning looking after dad so i pop washer on at 2 ish so on just over 2 hours so sorted when im up at 4.

Yes went down and flashing lights,so think its blocked so tries the quick wash 15mins and made things worse as more water and nothing coming out(had to

try it) so at around 4.30 morning washer out and bowel and 3 bowels later all done,so 15min wash with just fresh water and worked,back tube blocked

from washer to outlet and me lowering it must of freed it putting it into the bowel.

DAM AUTOMATIC.........???????  I never leave them on when out as this can happen.

• Like 1

WhatsApp Image 2016-10-18 at 10.07.32.jpeg

Things I don't like - waking up in the morning and walking to my car, where I usually park on the street (in resident permit council bays), and finding my wing-mirror smashed.

(Note: above picture of the car is not where it was parked - I pulled over to inspect the damage, as I noticed it only after I drove off.)

Thing is - I don't know if it was some idiot who doesn't know how to drive (and mis-judged distance between their car and mine whilst driving down the street), or whether it was an act of vandalism (in which case wouldn't be surprised - since I've found my windshield wiper lifted up into the air before).

!Removed! hell! :angry:

I don't like seeing that my replacement at my last job has gotten much further than I did in the position (and the profession in general), in less time.  The worst bit is that it is largely my fault, as I had almost two years there where I could have made more effort and did more to further myself, but I let my depression and anxiety stop me, and consequently lost that opportunity.  Don't get me wrong, I fulfilled my duties with efficiency and skill and 100% dedication, but I never made a real effort to expand my duties and my role, which is where I went wrong, and why I became redundant when a more eager employee came along.

Most people would see that and use it as motivation to get up and do something about it, but because of my "problems" all it makes me do is feel sorry for myself and do nothing to resolve the situation. 

It's a vicious circle, for sure.

But hey, it's not so bad - now I get to work in a call-centre for 40 hours per week speaking to idiots who couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel!!  I mean, who would want to sit in a plush office with a cup of coffee and a respectable position when you could have THAT!? 

*Rant and self-pity over*

I don't like seeing a myriad of ant nests appearing all over my lawns, following the rain.:sad:

A formerly smoothish sward is now rather lumpy like an old mattress:sad:

I also don't understand rather than dislike, but it a dislike too this

http://www.swapz.co.uk/wantedz/5788696/WANTED_VAUXHALL_ASTRA_-_Swap_only_/

Surely the obvious choice for the swapper would be a Focus, if they need a bigger vehicle.  Who in their right mind swaps a Fiesta for an Astra??!!:ohmy::sad:

On 17/10/2016 at 11:16 PM, jmurray01 said:

I don't like whacking my foot off my Hoover 612! Being a 1949 model and made of steel, the vacuum is unscathed, as for my toes...

A Bosch L-Boxx can inflict the same toe injury I've found.  Whereas whacking a foot against a Dremel box or an ELU jigaw box doesn't so much.  They're all plastic but the Bosch is a harder ABS whereas the others are a softer PVC.

On 18/10/2016 at 7:28 AM, jace1969 said:

I HATE washing machines,up at 4 most morning looking after dad so i pop washer on at 2 ish so on just over 2 hours so sorted when im up at 4.

Yes went down and flashing lights,so think its blocked so tries the quick wash 15mins and made things worse as more water and nothing coming out(had to

try it) so at around 4.30 morning washer out and bowel and 3 bowels later all done,so 15min wash with just fresh water and worked,back tube blocked

from washer to outlet and me lowering it must of freed it putting it into the bowel.

DAM AUTOMATIC.........???????  I never leave them on when out as this can happen.

it might pay you, in a moment when you've got no laundry to wash, to cycle your washing machine on the hottest program you have: filling your soap dispenser with soda crystals instead of detergent. and popping a further amount in the drum itself (about 250g)

It'll remove any scud and scum that has built up in the pump,the tubes and the drum, and prevent any future blockages

I do this with mine every 6 months, I have yet to have a blockage in close to 25 years with my Zanussi FLA1001W

Just had a caravan pinched off my other half's drive!!

Impressive manoeuvring by the thieves, it was a chuffin' tight fit!!

*insert multiple "removed" words here!*

1 hour ago, SeanW said:

Just had a caravan pinched off my other half's drive!!

Impressive manoeuvring by the thieves, it was a chuffin' tight fit!!

*insert multiple "removed" words here!*

Seems an odd thing to nick!  Gonna struggle to joyride it, ram raid with it or outrun the cops with it...though I guess there is one group it appeals to... :rolleyes: 

There's been a spate of retro cars nicked not far from here recently, the thieves are known to police as re-offenders but lack of evidence (they burn the cars out!) means they can't be arrested...  :dry: 

Fortunately they're too thick to decode immobilisers so don't target modern ones yet, but still a worry!

Found out that 3 lads were seen pushing it down the road at about 4am!!

I've also just realised that I had my passport, discharge book, GMDSS certificate and EHIC card in a folder in a cupboard...ready for college - so I didn't lose/forget them!! !Removed!!

• Like 2

I don't like how the north wind has bought that cutting damp cold that goes right through you with it.:sad: It feels 10°C colder than it actually is. I required both a fleece and a hat this morning on Brandy's morning stroll:ohmy:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Seems an odd thing to nick!  Gonna struggle to joyride it, ram raid with it or outrun the cops with it...though I guess there is one group it appeals to... :rolleyes: 

There's been a spate of retro cars nicked not far from here recently, the thieves are known to police as re-offenders but lack of evidence (they burn the cars out!) means they can't be arrested...  :dry: 

Fortunately they're too thick to decode immobilisers so don't target modern ones yet, but still a worry!

Odd though it seems, I remember them saying on Motorway Cops caravan theft is a lucrative business that most people aren't aware how profitable it is for the thieves.  Caravan buyers aren't bothered where it comes from particularly if it's a bargain. Whilst some have chassis numbers, there's no database to verify owner to caravan.  The caravan thief doesn't have the problem of changing or removing the identity, unlike his car, bike and truck thief counterparts.

They also said , that if you see a caravan being moved after 10pm, it's highly likely that you witnessing a stolen caravan being taken. 

The same applies to boats on trailers.

There's a spate of old Landrovers having parts nicked off them down here, rather than taking the whole vehicle.  The Police think it's an individual rebuilding his own Landrover rather than stealing to sell on.

At this very moment, I don't like Poole Borough Council's Waste Management Team, who thought they'd alter the long standing operating times of the recycling centre: but not actually tell anyone nor publicise it:angry: :angry:

For many years, from October to March, it opened at 8:30am and closed at 4:30pm, and from April to September it closed at 6pm.

Having tightly packed the Mk1 Focus with numerous boxes of processed wood offcuts, metal offcuts, electrical waste for recycling. Brandy found her seating had been significantly reduced, she had to share the back seat with 2 bins of metal offcuts and huge box of chipboard and sawdust,

We arrived at the entrance at 3:46pm, to find it shut.:ohmy::sad::cursing: :ranting: Not just the inner gates but the outer gates too!  Apart from one JCB on the far end of the site, there didn't seem to be anyone about either. :ohmy:

The massive board outside which gleefully reports how much residents had recycled and the operating times has been molested.  It still reports that 73% was recycled last month, but no longer states when it's open to allow recycling to take place:ohmy:  Somebody's painted over the times.

It was interesting trying wedge my Tesco shopping around the waste, on the way back.  Obviously the meat and fish couldn't have the footwell below Brandy: she might consume it on the way home! :laugh: She got washing powder, some loo rolls, and 2 of the bags of kale. Every box of wood ended up with a topper of the shopping that Brandy could eat on the way back.  It's curious to note the two cupholders on the centre console fit Tesco bottles of extra virgin olive oil perfectly:laugh:

Having now looked up the recycling centre on the Council's web site, the winter operating hours are 9am to 4pm, with last entry being 3:45pm.  it would appear I was literally a minute too late. 

Why didn't they mention they were going to change the operating times, in the booklet that came when our wheelie bins went from weekly to fortnightly????:ranting:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club