Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I did like seeing Ross Noble: Brain Dump live at the Marlowe Theatre on Saturday. Almost crying with laughter at times :thumbup:

• Like 1

I did like seeing Ross Noble: Brain Dump live at the Marlowe Theatre on Saturday. Almost crying with laughter at times :thumbup:

I've seen him twice. My wife decided to correct him the second time (we were on the second row). Absolutely hilarious. Easily the best comedian I've seen live.

• Like 1

I do like taking Pipper for an extended walk, more or less following the river Avon to Salisbury, after we'd first walked to Ringwood.:smile:  We then got the train back to Poole and walked home from there.  Despite it looking further on the map, it's only 29 miles plus the 2 miles from Poole train station. I'd misremembered it to to be a lot further (38 miles), from previous times with Brandy. 

It's some time since I took a train, I'm not sure whether Pipper has ever been on one:unsure:, but the last time I did, dogs had to pay on third of the ticket price and travel in the guards carriage.  This time dogs can travel free:smile: and you and they can have a seat.  Of course that could just something South West Trains do, maybe all the train companies do still charge.  Pipper sat on my lap for the entire journey, so technically Pipper didn't use her free seat.

On the outwards journey, around 3 miles from Salisbury, in the middle of nowhere, my Mum rang to say, she'd got a flat tyre, what should she do? and when were we coming back?:mellow: It would be another 3 hours at least before I could recover the Mk1, I told her to get a taxi and I'd sort it out when we returned. 

This is the second calamity involving the Mk1 and my Mum, this week, she managed to lose both the remote blip and the master key yesterday, after she went to visit one of her friends.  She does insist on taking both keys with her, when she uses it:mellow:  Despite it going against the notion of having a spare at home, in case one gets lost.  Losing the blip, although irksome isn't as troublesome as losing the master.  

She said she'd used the master key to drive home but couldn't remember what she'd done with once she got home.  Pipper hasn't been trained to find keys yet : little bits of sausage or cheese, yes: but not keys, so I had to search the entire house.  I eventually found it on the tower of spare loo rolls, in the downstairs loo:ohmy: :smile:  At least I wouldn't have get and reprogram an entire replacement PATS.  The blip key remained missing, with the potential of being somewhere in a 4 mile radius:mellow:

Back to today, having returned from Pipper's extended walk, and ascertained where the MK1 Focus and it's flat tyre were.  Pipper then got an extra walk down to the village centre to recover the Mk1.  Having swapped the alloy with the space saver, a quick examination of the tyre revealed an abraded and torn sidewall:ohmy:  but this was the rear offside wheel not the nearside, where my Mum often catches when parking on the kerb!

I went off to the tyre depot I use in Ferndown, where everyone made a fuss of Pipper in the waiting area, both customers and tyre fitters. Pipper climbed on the lap of woman who was having all 4 of her tyres replaced, after she had given Pipper quite a bit of attention. 

Tyre prices have dropped significantly, since I last replaced any.:smile:  Admittedly it wasn't a premium tyre but a bog standard Avon but it was £20 less than last time:smile:

Having returned home, as I got out of the car, I spotted something black lurking by the offside wiper arm nut, just covered by the lip of the bonnet - it was the remote blip key that my Mum had lost yesterday:laugh::smile:

it's quite remarkable no-one else had spotted it, they could've stolen the car, if they had, and because they would have they key: the insurer wouldn't pay out.  It was "abandoned" on the high street for around 3½ hours, numerous people would've walked past during that time.  Added to which, it could have easily fallen off as I drove to and from the tyre depot.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like taking Pipper for an extended walk, more or less following the river Avon to Salisbury, after we'd first walked to Ringwood.:smile:  We then got the train back to Poole and walked home from there.  Despite it looking further on the map, it's only 29 miles plus the 2 miles from Poole train station. I'd misremembered it to to be a lot further (38 miles), from previous times with Brandy. 

It's some time since I took a train, I'm not sure whether Pipper has ever been on one:unsure:, but the last time I did, dogs had to pay on third of the ticket price and travel in the guards carriage.  This time dogs can travel free:smile: and you and they can have a seat.  Of course that could just something South West Trains do, maybe all the train companies do still charge.  Pipper sat on my lap for the entire journey, so technically Pipper didn't use her free seat.

On the outwards journey, around 3 miles from Salisbury, in the middle of nowhere, my Mum rang to say, she'd got a flat tyre, what should she do? and when were we coming back?:mellow: It would be another 3 hours at least before I could recover the Mk1, I told her to get a taxi and I'd sort it out when we returned. 

This is the second calamity involving the Mk1 and my Mum, this week, she managed to lose both the remote blip and the master key yesterday, after she went to visit one of her friends.  She does insist on taking both keys with her, when she uses it:mellow:  Despite it going against the notion of having a spare at home, in case one gets lost.  Losing the blip, although irksome isn't as troublesome as losing the master.  

She said she'd used the master key to drive home but couldn't remember what she'd done with once she got home.  Pipper hasn't been trained to find keys yet : little bits of sausage or cheese, yes: but not keys, so I had to search the entire house.  I eventually found it on the tower of spare loo rolls, in the downstairs loo:ohmy: :smile:  At least I wouldn't have get and reprogram an entire replacement PATS.  The blip key remained missing, with the potential of being somewhere in a 4 mile radius:mellow:

Back to today, having returned from Pipper's extended walk, and ascertained where the MK1 Focus and it's flat tyre were.  Pipper then got an extra walk down to the village centre to recover the Mk1.  Having swapped the alloy with the space saver, a quick examination of the tyre revealed an abraded and torn sidewall:ohmy:  but this was the rear offside wheel not the nearside, where my Mum often catches when parking on the kerb!

I went off to the tyre depot I use in Ferndown, where everyone made a fuss of Pipper in the waiting area, both customers and tyre fitters. Pipper climbed on the lap of woman who was having all 4 of her tyres replaced, after she had given Pipper quite a bit of attention. 

Tyre prices have dropped significantly, since I last replaced any.:smile:  Admittedly it wasn't a premium tyre but a bog standard Avon but it was £20 less than last time:smile:

Having returned home, as I got out of the car, I spotted something black lurking by the offside wiper arm nut, just covered by the lip of the bonnet - it was the remote blip key that my Mum had lost yesterday:laugh::smile:

it's quite remarkable no-one else had spotted it, they could've stolen the car, if they had, and because they would have they key: the insurer wouldn't pay out.  It was "abandoned" on the high street for around 3½ hours, numerous people would've walked past during that time.  Added to which, it could have easily fallen off as I drove to and from the tyre depot.

😩Jaysus I'm ready for bed after reading that post mate, The adventures

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hywelkidd said:

I've seen him twice. My wife decided to correct him the second time (we were on the second row). Absolutely hilarious. Easily the best comedian I've seen live.

I'm very much a fan of stand up comedians though I've been to very few shows. I've had a few trips up to The Comedy Store in London and loved that (though it's a little small and stuffy inside).

I'm thinking of getting tickets to see Milton Jones in November which would cross off the list another TV comedian I enjoy watching.

3 hours ago, GMX said:

Many years ago my father once left his BMW 7 series outside our house with the key in the passenger door (same side parked up to the pavement) for a similar period of time with no takers.

Perhaps a key finder device for the blip key and get another spare key for yourself is an idea?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GMX said:

Crikey!  That's the kind of thing that happens to me, in fact I had a similar experience when we owned the Hyundai.  I could not find the key for hours, and after going out in the 405 and then returning home, I noticed something protruding from the passenger door lock...  Yes, the key was in the lock, parked next to the pavement where quite a lot of people walk past.  Very lucky indeed...

The only puncture I have had away from home was in the old 405 (GTX estate) when I clipped the N/S/F tyre sidewall on a sharp kerb, and that's about the only way to puncture a tyre on the sidewall, so she must have somehow hit one with the O/S/R...  As strange as it sounds, there are a few ways it could plausibly happen, such as turning right at a narrow junction or parking on the right-hand side of the road.

• Like 1

I went to see Jimmy Carr at Eden Court and I was in the second row and gave him a pretty good heckle at one point, he just ignored it. Now I know he heard me because he looked right at me and laughed, I had recently broken my back so was in a wheelchair and a back brace/roll cage thing, he must have taken pity on me lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do like that our outside lights, which are linked to a sensor, DIDN'T come on this morning when I went to work, which means it's getting lighter in the mornings :smile:

I also like that it was warm enough this afternoon to be able to remove my boilersuit (I absolutely HATE wearing boilersuits, they feel so restrictive) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I do like that our outside lights, which are linked to a sensor, DIDN'T come on this morning when I went to work, which means it's getting lighter in the mornings :smile:

I also like that it was warm enough this afternoon to be able to remove my boilersuit (I absolutely HATE wearing boilersuits, they feel so restrictive) 

😯Does this mean your talking to us rite now in your underwear 😦

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lenny said:

NOOOOOO!!!!!! Work trousers and T-shirt was still on. :smile:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Turvey said:

NOOOOOO!!!!!! Work trousers and T-shirt was still on. :smile:

I was going to say - it was warm but not that warm!! :laugh:

• Like 3

[emoji54]Does this mean your talking to us rite now in your underwear [emoji46]

Comments like this make me love this group. I just want to stay with Ford ao I can remain here. Lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I do like the springlike morning that greeted me this morning, I didn't actually check the temperature when I took Pipper out for her first walk of the day, but fleeces and hats weren't needed:smile:

We went up by the takeaways on our way out and gathered £15.77 off the pavement in mainly small change, which was quite good for a Thursday morning:smile:  Pipper had to be restrained from salvaging an abandoned kebab and some dew ridden fries:mellow:

On 14/02/2017 at 6:31 PM, Zico said:

Perhaps a key finder device for the blip key and get another spare key for yourself is an idea?

That's a good idea:smile:

I believe the Mk1 can actually have up to 8 keys programmed to it: whereas Mk2 and onwards is restricted to just 2

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

In addition to the bodily restriction, if it's insulated and wind-proof like my linesman's suit, you'll be getting heat exhaustion in temperatures over about 0°C. :sweatdrop:

I've also found that it's never a good idea to wear anything more than boxers and T-shirt underneath, otherwise it's just too stifling.:sweat:

I guess up a pylon, it's a lot colder than down on the ground, so perhaps linesman don't overheat to the same extent.

I could have done with that!! :laugh:

Although, yesterday was a fair bit warmer, tad wet with the passage of a warm front - but still warmer!!

Actually, yesterday was a very good day...

PBI Assessment day went well.  My practical lesson was the first to be assessed - had a 13 year old lad to teach.  He's only been a Sea Cadet for a month!  Never stepped foot in a power boat before!!  He was (understandably) nervous when he started (RIB with a 50hp engine capable of 20-25kn ish).  In fact, when I asked him to take the helm he almost pooped himself.

Within a few minutes he was relaxed and handling the boat as though he'd been doing it years!!  He got about 2 and half hours on the water in 2 different boats and even the assessor noted how well he was doing.  I sincerely hope he carries on, not only with cadets but power boating!!

Apparently, he told the assessor that he felt safe with me as his instructor :happy:

I passed the course!!  Even if I hadn't, it would still have been worth it - just for the reaction of that lad!!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Lenny said:

national-underwear-day-beer-boxer-briefs

• Like 3

I do like how unseasonally warm it is today, 15°C on the garage wall thermometer when I returned with Pipper from her extended walk, semi-following the Winterbourne stream:smile:  We went through a field of geese, who seemed fascinated with Pipper's constantly wagging tail.  They all kept gathering behind her to have a gander (no pun intended) at it; unlike Brandy and the peacock; or Colin the psycho swan of river Stour -  Nobody tried to peck it.:smile:  Pipper was completely indifferent to her large crowd of goose groupies:laugh:

My Mum phoned again when we were in the middle of rural Dorset, with another incident involving the Mk1 Focus : a minor collision with another car:ohmy:  Although her initial description sounded a lot worst than it actually was, it turned out to be a mirror to mirror collision; rather than what you imagine from the description "I hit an oncoming car!":wacko:

I have now replaced the mirror with a new one, which I just happened to have:smile: and am now waiting for mirror cover to fully dry. The paint match is not quite right, it's supposed to be Tonic Blue, it looks a little too silver and not blue enough:mellow:

Glad to hear it was just the mirror that was damaged!  Could have been a lot worse.  That did happen with our old Primera when my mother passed an oncoming vehicle over a blind summit!  Fortunately the casing survived, with the mirror only sustaining a single crack. 

Mind you, it isn't the first time my mother has damaged a wing mirror, as she completely ripped the MK4 Fiesta's passenger mirror off against the fence whilst reversing down the driveway, then scraped the previous Focus' passenger mirror along a brick wall for a few feet... :ohmy:

I do like that while searching for a change of car, initially I only looked at the tit X sport but then dropped searches to tit X only and found 1.6 econetics with that trim 14 more bhp to my focus but road tax is £30 what wizardry is that.

Blimey choosing from the sublime to the ridiculous now thats what I call looking for a car. Go tit x sport pal and stay well clear from the rubbish econetic unless it's frugality you're after.

Blimey choosing from the sublime to the ridiculous now thats what I call looking for a car. Go tit x sport pal and stay well clear from the rubbish econetic unless it's frugality you're after.

I have gone from an A4 to bmw 3-5 sites and jag but I just keep looking at the mondeo. Saw the 1.6 as the road tax got my eye. That is all really.

I do like clearing out my bedroom today, which had been getting worse and worse over the past 6 months.  If you have ever seen the programme "Hoarders", then picture a typical room in one of the hoarder's houses, and that's what my bedroom looked like.  The bed was accessible, but everything else was pretty much piled up to the roof.

Over 50% of it is being thrown out as it is either broken or no longer needed, and the other 50% has been relocated to other rooms or simply put away more neatly so it doesn't clutter the space.

It'll start to grow again over time, as I am a hoarder and there's nothing that can be done about that, but as long as I clear it out every few months to stop it taking complete control then it's as good as it will ever be.

I like going on a 60 mile journey in my Focus to a new town I haven't been to before.

Filled up on the way home at Asda (which I don't have near me), at 116.7p/L! Where I live Sainsburys charges 122.9p/L! I managed to average 44MPG.

I like going on a 60 mile journey in my Focus to a new town I haven't been to before.
Filled up on the way home at Asda (which I don't have near me), at 116.7p/L! Where I live Sainsburys charges 122.9p/L! I managed to average 44MPG.

Yeah man Asda is always cheaper. I only have Tesco near me at 117.9p which is better than the 124 near work. Where did you go to? Hope your feeling better?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Yeah man Asda is always cheaper. I only have Tesco near me at 117.9p which is better than the 124 near work. Where did you go to? Hope your feeling better?

Went to Swindon - which a lot don't regard as the nicest of places, but it was OK I think. Nearly all of my mates are away (on hols/visiting family), so I ended up going alone, but it was still definitely worth it.

Yes deffo feeling better thanks bud, I'm now trying to go out a lot more, and not worry so much about saving etc, your advice was a good wakeup call. Plus you can't take the money with you when you die :laugh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club