Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

I like that my car just passed it's MOT with no advisories, so that's it sorted now till 17th March 2025 馃榾

Aahhh... may the luck of the Irish go with you...

stpatricksday.thumb.jpg.0ee8554ed6827867780aae75c9108703.jpg

• Thanks 1

legally YES, technically NO

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting one...

Some may remember I was being plagued by 20+ spam emails every day for almost the past year.聽 Nothing seemed to stop them and I didn't want to change email address so just tried to put up with it.

Anyway, I used to check emails at least once a day, but haven't been checking them so frequently lately...sometimes 3 days pass, sometimes a week...聽 And the spam emails have stopped completely since I stopped checking every day!聽 Can only assume the email app was opening them and triggering some sort of feedback, although I wasn't specifically opening them myself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I like that I received quite a few items of railway stuff from a friend who's father was a railwayman/driver.
Technically the items aren't memorabilia as several are still in use today on the network but there are bits of paperwork from some long gone companies and BR.聽

Some of the items I will have use for during my duties at the heritage line where I volunteer, some will just be for decoration and some will just be filed for reference.

• Like 1

I really like the Wetherspoon app. No I'm not lazy but I'm just 15 foot from the bar in a very busy pub and just ordered a beautiful pint of Abotts Ale. 拢1.29 a pint. Is that criminal or simply honest to goodness value for money? I say the latter. Happy Easter everyone 馃嵒

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@tazzman600聽decent price for a pint 馃槻 nearer 拢4 for a pint of my favoured poison, but then again I don't really go out much 馃榾

Reference to ordering by the app, we've sat and watched the queue when we've ordered and in our experience sometimes you win, sometimes you lose 馃榾

I do like remembering how to change the time on the tacho in the truck without having to resort to YouTube 馃榾

We don't use tachos here but it's linked to the clock on the dash as well.

• Like 1

Criminals do their bit towards helping "Net Zero" by using an EV as a getaway car 馃ぃ

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Criminals do their bit towards helping "Net Zero" by using an EV as a getaway car

Could have happened in an ICE car as well, I suppose. The moral really would seem to be check the fuel gauge or battery range remaining before you drive off in it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do like that the replacement order for parts of my railway uniform arrived this morning.
My uniform is now complete with the final additions being a cap, a cap badge and a belt key holder for the 3 different keys I may need whilst working.聽
The original parcel is still missing with Royal Mail.聽

• Like 1

I do like an unexpected win on the National yesterday.聽 Had an each way bet on 'Ain't That A Shame'.聽 It came in 6th, and I genuinely thought 'ah, ain't that a shame'.

Checked the website this morning and it turns out the extra places for the each way bet went up to 6th for that race.聽 So I did win 拢20 on it after all. :biggrin:

(Also had a fiver on Maximus to win...not worth an each way bet on a favourite!)

• Like 1

I've only ever placed a bet on a horse race once, apart from sweepers at work etc

My brother was a bit of a gambler and had an account with our local bookies. Brother was by the house one Saturday afternoon and we had the racing on as he had a couple of bets on. Race came on with 3 horses, 1 was priced at 100/1 so I thought it was worth a punt for a quid.聽

It fell at the second fence!!! 馃榾

End of gambling career 馃榾

• Haha 1

I do like seeing the steam locomotive 'Braunton' number 34046 hauling a railtour today as she passed close to my area.聽

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Nick Y said:

steam locomotive 'Braunton' number 34046 hauling a railtour

She was accelerating in a rather laid back way in the final bit - but pulling 12 heavy old carriages (40 tons each maybe?) and it looked like she was pulling the diesel as I could not see anyone in it, that is an impressive display of power for an old girl! I bet the fireman had some hard work to do!

• Like 1

Do you mean the first part where she passes under the bridge?聽
If so then it's because 1, she was late, 2 had yellow signals ahead (other side of the bridge) and 3, she was going to stop a mile away in the loop.聽
I think the 47 was only providing electric supply and heating to the coaches.聽

52 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I think the 47 was only providing electric supply and heating to the coaches.聽

Looks like that to me, too. Hoped to see that as it passed my way but had to be elsewhere at the time.聽

The rebuilt Bulleid light pacific is a good looking engine, seen most of the survivors over the years both original and rebuilt.

My house in the 80's was literally yards from the Leeds - York line and I had a grandstand view from the front bedroom! Unrebuilt 34092 "City of Wells" was a regular performer on the Scarborough trains at that time.

22 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Do you mean the first part where she passes under the bridge?聽

I was looking at her pulling out of the goods loop. Maybe 600 tons all up weight? Boiler at max pressure by the look of the steam plume, and I did not see any wheelslip.

It is good to see a few steam loco's still running on the mainline, which is where those big, powerful 4-6-2s are most at home. The Flying Scotsman always looked a bit out of place on the Swanage Railway! Which was then only Norden to Swanage.

Though, of course, it only thanks to the Heritage Railways and all the railway enthusiasts that any steam locos can run at all - without their hard work and enthusiasm we would miss out on seeing, hearing and feeling all that raw, visible, power and the living history.

Edited by Tdci-Peter
Expand.
  • Like 1

In the 80's "Wells" was fitted with a Giesl ejector and I seem to remember it being nicknamed "The Volcano". Does anyone know if it still has the Giesl?

I must say I prefer the unrebuilt spam cans although the rebuilt versions, which resemble Riddles' standards, are still impressive machines.

Fabulous video footage Nick. That steam loco looks damn fine and boy can it pull some weight. I just love 'old' steam trains. Whenever I go to Bowness I'll always go down to Lakeside and look at the old loco's and then take a ride.聽

Although the new coaches are airey and spanking new with technology etc you just can't beat the old fashioned ones. The seats are so much more comfortable. And the ride is just sublime.聽

I really must go down the road to Bury where they have a nice collection of steam loco's. They hire them out for weddings even. How good is that.聽

While out for a walk this morning, I was passed by an Audi RS 3 at the point he was changing down with a cacophony of pops, fa*rts and bangs.

I suspected naughty remap and pipe, but the thing I liked was the registration: R53YOB!

Very appropriate!馃榾

• Haha 5

I love that our cousins in Wales, saw a law they could see was atrocious, and served no purpose, got together in their 100s of thousands, signing a petition which has now got that law repealed.

RIP blanket 20mph zone... 馃憤

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

saw a law they could see was atrocious, and served no purpose,

....and that's exactly the reason that the idiot in Scotland is wanting to implement it. He just needs 42 million pounds to change all the signs. 馃ぃ

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

... He just needs 42 million pounds to change all the signs. 馃ぃ

Well that SNP MotorHome should be a good start for fundraising 馃槀

• Haha 2

I do like that my current electric bill is about 40% cheaper than my previous 2 thanks to a drop in the Kwh tariff!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club