Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Very nice!!  I couldn't have resisted that either.

The more I think about it the more I'm tempted! Thing is, the stuff I sold them didn't cost me anything so in reality the sign would only cost me £25! The Mrs wouldn't be impressed though! :mellow:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

The more I think about it the more I'm tempted! Thing is, the stuff I sold them didn't cost me anything so in reality the sign would only cost me £25! The Mrs wouldn't be impressed though! :mellow:

Oh, so you haven't yet bought it?  The way I read your post, you had.

9 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh, so you haven't yet bought it?  The way I read your post, you had.

No, I haven't bought it.....yet! :mellow: 

Sorely tempted and it would look good in the garage beside the other bar signs and pub paraphernalia, but I would be frightened it would get broken, either getting it home or by a flying bit of wood etc in the garage. 

New shoes arrived yesterday 
😯new shoes

Purchased from breakers in Manchester they were €370 including shipping cost of €80
Making them only €20 more expensive than driving 400km across Ireland to purchase a set from a seller in Mayo for €350😅

Saved more than €20 on Diesel not having to drive anywhere thanks to eBay uk.
IMG_hrrtgy_zpsnh3y3vrp.jpg

IMG_g8raj7_zpswra8srvy.jpg

They also used my eBay name as shipping reference 😁
IMG_-fb4j59_zpsopcbwp6l.jpg

Aside from a few kerb marks on the newly purchased 16" alloys; the centre caps are looking pretty bad indeed😦
20170307_215407_zpsze0n4tgp_edit_1488923

The Genuine 18" Facelift ST wheels are coming off this weekend after i get these checked and fitted 👍

• Like 3

I do like after close to 10 hours of throbbing, being sensitive to all light and noise, today's unexpected migraine is abating:smile: 

Not that I can use it today, but I also like the nights are beginning to draw out and the days are increasing by around 10 minutes, at the moment.:smile: 

On 05/03/2017 at 2:22 PM, Stoney871 said:

Have you tried the cracking scones in the tea rooms near the castle?

No, I'll have to visit next time I'm over there with Pipper

• Like 2

They do a 'scone of the month' .

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

They do a 'scone of the month' .

Sent from my SM-G930F

But be quick............ 'cos once it's scone it's scone!

I'll get me coat! :blush:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

No, I haven't bought it.....yet! :mellow: 

Sorely tempted and it would look good in the garage beside the other bar signs and pub paraphernalia, but I would be frightened it would get broken, either getting it home or by a flying bit of wood etc in the garage. 

Go on...  You know you'll regret it if you don't!!

• Like 3

I do like the Almera's cargo net, which kept my bag of Tesco shopping from toppling over on the drive home. 

WP_20170307_18_28_47_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Go on...  You know you'll regret it if you don't!!

Heart says yes, head says no! :mellow:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Heart says yes, head says no! :mellow:

Wow 

I don't have that connection atall 😂

• Like 1

But be quick............ 'cos once it's scone it's scone!

I'll get me coat! blush.png

#GROAN

Sent from my SM-G930F

I do like the replacement for my mother's ageing Nokia Lumia 610 which recently decided any sent text messages would not get to the recipients... All things considered I decided to upgrade her contract sim-only plan to include a new phone, and Three were offering a good deal on the Huawei Honor 8, so I went for that.

Admittedly I am slightly jealous, but I am happy with my Lumia 640 and the Android operating system would be wasted on me as I only use my phone for texting, phoning and occasionally browsing the internet (as I am now, sitting in the Focus!). Windows Phone is basic and closed to most popular "apps", but it does everything I need it to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like the replacement for my mother's ageing Nokia Lumia 610 which recently decided any sent text messages would not get to the recipients... All things considered I decided to upgrade her contract sim-only plan to include a new phone, and Three were offering a good deal on the Huawei Honor 8, so I went for that.

Admittedly I am slightly jealous, but I am happy with my Lumia 640 and the Android operating system would be wasted on me as I only use my phone for texting, phoning and occasionally browsing the internet (as I am now, sitting in the Focus!). Windows Phone is basic and closed to most popular "apps", but it does everything I need it to do.

Another 640 Lumia user here. Used for the basics + email not interested in apps

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, volts said:

Another 640 Lumia user here. Used for the basics + email not interested in apps

They are great phones, solid and reliable.  Boring for people who have an app for everything, but for those who just use it as a phone it is perfect.

• Like 1

I do like replacing the 405's remote locking button!  The original fell out (as they inevitably do) a few months ago and I switched to using the spare key (actually a replacement made in 2001).  Found a replacement button on eBay for a few pounds and as expected it is not an exact copy of the original, likely a later style from the 406 et al but it is close enough, and the rubber is soft so unlikely to fail for another 15-20 years.  The original had gone very hard and brittle, as is the one on the spare key.

WP_20170308_21_56_27_Pro.jpg

Having put both keys together though, I am now in a dilemma about which keyring to use... 

WP_20170308_22_01_06_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

Just for giggles buy a Dacia keyring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's Friday tomorrow, the forecast is good so I can finally do my boot light mod.

Then it's out for a few hours on this IMG_7132.JPG

• Like 1

I do like selling the Nissan for double what I paid for it.  Aside from making a quick profit, why did I sell it only 1 week after buying the thing, you may ask? 

Well, lets just say I found something a bit more classy, even more so than the late-Mercedes... 

I'll post a picture tomorrow when I pick it up, but for now I'll give you a few clues:

• 2.3 litre Honda engine (but not a Honda)
  • Automatic
  • British Built
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like selling the Nissan for double what I paid for it.  Aside from making a quick profit, why did I sell it only 1 week after buying the thing, you may ask? 

Well, lets just say I found something a bit more classy, even more so than the late-Mercedes... 

I'll post a picture tomorrow when I pick it up, but for now I'll give you a few clues:

• Honda V6 (but not a Honda)
  • Automatic
  • British Built

looking forwards to seeing the pictures :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

looking forwards to seeing the pictures :smile:

I'm looking forward to taking them!  Just edited the post as I realised I wrote "V6" when it is not, but rather a 2.3L I4.  The worst bit is I'm not even drinking, my stupidity is completely natural tonight... :laugh:

• Like 1

Is it a Rover?

My like for the day: managed to clean out the car - soo much nicer smelling now lol

Just the outside to do next!  Eventually

Maybe

Indeed it is Sean!  Our last (and only) Rover was a 1998 216 SLi which I loved, but this one is a lot more powerful and a lot more luxurious.  Plus it is far less likely to blow a head gasket!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Indeed it is Sean!  Our last (and only) Rover was a 1998 216 SLi which I loved, but this one is a lot more powerful and a lot more luxurious.  Plus it is far less likely to blow a head gasket!!

Being a Honda engine you will still get genuine parts from dealer up to atleast 20 years. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Commencal24 said:

It's Friday tomorrow, the forecast is good so I can finally do my boot light mod.

Then it's out for a few hours on this IMG_7132.JPG

In either case you're face is going to have a red glow, be it from the boost light or the bicycle 😥

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club