Do Not Sell My Personal Information

secret hole

titanium_s_spec

It's sturdy enough that it doesn't fall open on it's own, and I just pull it open, there is enough room to just pop your finger at the top and just pull it down.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven Dark

• Jonny87

• titanium_s_spec

• bigjock

nice :D

O/T but anyone also noticed in the pre-production pics (on page 2 of this thread HERE) that the wing mirrors are fully colour coded? B)

Is it only me that thinks a topic called "secret hole" has many innuendo's connected to it?

Is it only me that thinks a topic called "secret hole" has many innuendo's connected to it?

I don't know what you mean...

My secret hole has a bit of a loose flap, I've had to loop a bit of string inside and left a bit hanging out, ready for a good tug.

My secret hole has a bit of a loose flap, I've had to loop a bit of string inside and left a bit hanging out, ready for a good tug.

now there's something i miss a god tugg

Sorry, i must be thinking of something else then ! :D :D

Sorry, i must be thinking of something else then ! :D :D

Oh no! Are we talking about the Fiesta here?? ohmy.gif

• 1 month later...

I got myself push click latches from some old TVs ;)

But then abandoned the idea, because I found the hole is to small & thought the hinge wouldn't last long :(

4kp43c8b.jpg

wj3d8sfs.jpg

you're on the right track buddy! you just need to rotate the latch instead of the lock being vertical you should put it horizontally.

already done this, and it's pretty good.

just needs to find more time to get the pictures and manual done to post it here..

• 3 weeks later...

I have it open!....Oh, I appear a bit late! But get this, knowing me as I do....I did not break any of it!

I put the screwdriver in the driver's side end, and got my finger in, then put the screwdriver in the other end and slid it along, and it popped open, and is still there 1 1/2 hours later!

I have since stuck the screwdriver up inside the catch, and pushed both clips up, now I just get my nail in the corner, and it pops open!

IMG_0317-2.jpg

I have since stuck the screwdriver up inside the catch, and pushed both clips up, now I just get my nail in the corner, and it pops open!

IMG_0317-2.jpg

dont you think it would be a lot easier if you could just push it to open then push again to close rather than getting a screwdriver to the sides?

the only hard part on what i did was the search for an old and busted cd player just to get the latch..

• 3 months later...

Took the tip from someone above (thanks :) ) and used some magnetic tape, one bit either side one the flap and matching pieces on the surround.

Holds it really well ........... now what to put in there?

you lot should have definately found this earlier! haha... i havent been on FOC in ageesss!.. as i would have told you!

got my car in March 2009... this was done in april 2009 lol...

Sat nav in the 'secret' hole connected behind the 12V adaptor, and linked upto a ford power button to turn it on and off.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

thus is... Ollies cheeky inbuilt satnav!

Wooopaaaaa

• 2 months later...

Did this today while waitin for a friend at the train station.

I always wondered if it would be a pocket or just a blank plate covering a gap and wires or something.

716a5d7f.jpg

199d39e2.jpg

While popping the clip out i also removed teh metal bracket that stops you from removing the clip

I think i am going to leave this bracket out (i think others have bent the clips orrounded off the plastic clip head) and secure the flap with velcro

The only issue is that i usually still the sat nav bracket in the middle of what i used to believe was jsut a blanking plate. I hope velcro will hold te weight!

• 3 weeks later...

hey evry1

knew to this

1st post!

but i found the secret hole after i got my fiesta last year and the metal clip that stays in the hole at the top can be puled out.. once this was removed the flap then sits nicely in place when closed. i think the metal clip was put there to make it permanently shut. theres no need for any other kind of locking device or spring etc.

Jamie

• 7 months later...

Anyone wanting to convert their secret hole into a working compartment, THIS is ideal!

If you have an updated model (August 2010 on) the secret hold no longer hinges, it clips on, and off, but still store my sat nav in it!

Anyone wanting to convert their secret hole into a working compartment, THIS is ideal!

I found two pieces of magnetic tape on each corner of the cover much easier.

If you have an updated model (August 2010 on) the secret hold no longer hinges, it clips on, and off, but still store my sat nav in it!

have you got a picture? ive got a 2011 fiesta and want to do the same.

I missed out on that eBay lot for the push latch, anyone know what latch I'm looking for?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club