Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK2

smileyinfrance

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a 2006 focus 2.0 TDCI,  the car has been "juddering" occasionally when driving, it feels like its starved of fuel when it judders and happens intermittently I have done all the usual thing like injector cleaner etc clean the EGR valve changed the MAF sensor but the problem is still there. I have had it put on the diagnostics and it came back with no faults. One of the pipes to the DPF had perished last year so I made a temporary fix with a piece of copper pipe inside the rubber pipe until I could get a replacement. It stayed this way for maybe 6 months until it went again and I had the garage replace the split pipe. 

So I wonder if it could be the DPF causing the intermittent fault, howver if I run the car with the either the MAF sensor or the EGR valve disconnected (Electrical connection) the fault goes away.

Any advice would be gladly accepted

I had similar on mine and it went away once I got the dpf and egr sorted out ("out" being the operative word).  I got the glow plugs replaced at the same time, but don't think it was to do with that.

I assume you are based in France based on your user name - which part?  I'm in the south near Marseille, but get most of the major car work done when back in the UK with garages I have grown to trust. 

I'd usually suggest the fuel filter for a fault like that but if it definitely goes with the EGR or MAF disconnected then it seems to be related to one of those.

DPF regens can/do cause occasional juddering, roughly every 500 miles depending on driving style etc.

EGR is used for DPF regen so disconnecting that may stop the DPF from attempting to regen.  A sticky EGR valve can also cause a judder as it opens in 'steps' rather than smoothly.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club