Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driving away, not doing your homework !

Acolyte

Letting your heart rule your head is easily done when you go to see a car you like, it fits all the criteria, it ticks all the boxes on the price you are prepared to pay.

After paying the £200 deposit a week later, the time had come to pay the money and drive it away, this is where problems of where you expect certain 'things' to be in the car if a puncture was to occur.

On further inspection under the spare space saver wheel was,,,,,,,no jack, even more horrifying was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no master key wheel nut adapter to get the wheels off !!!!

This is my 3rd Focus on the bounce Mark l Mark ll and now Mark llll , not the best experience as i needed to order a new set from Ford costing £63. 

• Sad 1

are The tools for the spare tyre not part of the MOT checks?

i doubt it as MOT covers mainly the condition of the car like roadworthyness, no garage should be allowed to sell a car with these things missing it's just not right.

• Like 1

Very true, I’m surprised they didn’t rectify it. My mk3.5 did not have the tools when I bought it and I got them to make sure they were there when I collected the car. Did they offer any kind of financial contribution towards it.

The spare wheel isn't even checked as part of MOT as it's hidden in the boot, let alone the tools for it lol.  

The dealer should've checked the locking wheel nut key was there though!

As you were missing those things, have you checked for the easyfuel funnel in case you run out fuel at any point?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a few weeks ago luckily all resolved, i got payment for new wheels locking nuts and my jack, i had to pay for an oil and filter change so i wasn't too bothered about that, car is running fine so pretty much happy with it.

• 1 year later...

After having my car for 12 months out of curiosity I checked to see it the jack and wheel brace were in the car. To my surprise they were missing so I went back to the dealer, who kindly robbed one out of a used car on the lot for me. When I got back home I went to put the jack and wheel brace in the car, I then realised that Ford had done a really good job of getting the jack in such a small space and that I really should double check things first...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gitfinger said:

I went back to the dealer, who kindly robbed one out of a used car on the lot for me

Dealers do this all the time, which is why it's important to check.

16 hours ago, Gitfinger said:

I then realised that Ford had done a really good job of getting the jack in such a small space and that I really should double check things first.

I had a similar experience when I couldn't find the screw-in towing eye. After the dealer had given me a new one I found the original hidden away in a small slot right at the front of the spare wheel well.

• Like 2

It’s very easy paying a deposit for a car after doing your leg work to find what you want and then rocking up to collect it and not getting what was discussed whilst doing the paperwork. My experience was I turned up to collect my used car and decided to have a look around it before making the final payment. The salesperson had agreed to do a full service on the vehicle but it wasn’t done. At the time the car was around 5k but it cost the garage £500 and the agreed service or I would walk away, nice bit of icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club