Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are the jack points in focus mk2?

mechaniker

For focus mk2 B4 (C307 post MCA), ie the face lifted mk2. I checked the manual and it says "Indentations in the sills A show the location of the jacking points." You can see the picture in the manual to know the shape of the indentations. I could not find the indentations in the car.

Can you please help?

Thanks a lot

9 hours ago, mechaniker said:

I could not find the indentations in the car.

From some of the drawings, it looks like the jacking points are on the outer sill (outside the weld seam), but I have found this to be not strong enough, especially if there is any rust. I use offcuts of 3/4 inch plywood, that fit just inside the sills, up against the seams going into the car, visible as lines by the green/blue dots above in the picture above. That spreads the load, and is good and strong.

For axle stands, see:

12 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

From some of the drawings, it looks like the jacking points are on the outer sill (outside the weld seam), but I have found this to be not strong enough, especially if there is any rust. I use offcuts of 3/4 inch plywood, that fit just inside the sills, up against the seams going into the car, visible as lines by the green/blue dots above in the picture above. That spreads the load, and is good and strong.

For axle stands, see:

Do you slot the wood? I agree with the strength mines are buckled lol

15 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Should  around here.

jacking.gif

There's no way those rear axle stand points are 'safe'!?  Far too close to the centre of the car, one tug of the ratchet and you'll pull the car off. :unsure: 

Don't want to be jacking outside the seam on the sill, it'll most likely just bend, the seam itself is double thickness where the jacking points are, it's designed for the emergency jack in the boot.  However I've had no issue using those points with a trolley jack.  

24 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Do you slot the wood?

No, the wood is flat, and just fits quite neatly inside the corners made by the seams that go along the sill, and seams that head of under the car.

When I manage to clear out enough rubbish from my junk heap that was once a garage :blush:, to make some space, I must get a trolley jack! That scissors jack is really not very good.

CAR-UB4.JPG

CAR-UB5.JPG

Thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

I slotted a piece of wood to fit over the sill seam so it presses on the same area as Peter's plywood, which seems to work well.  I thought that would be more stable than just pushing up against a flat piece.

48 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

No, the wood is flat, and just fits quite neatly inside the corners made by the seams that go along the sill, and seams that head of under the car.

When I manage to clear out enough rubbish from my junk heap that was once a garage :blush:, to make some space, I must get a trolley jack! That scissors jack is really not very good.

CAR-UB4.JPG

CAR-UB5.JPG

Great idea my trolly jack is what bent mines find the scissor to be safer tbh.

This is the indentation.

taken - Copy.JPG

I made an adaptor for my trolley jack to fit around the sill seam and take the load on the flat sections in the same areas the supplied jack does.

Jack_adaptor.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjt said:

I made an adaptor for my trolley jack to fit around the sill seam and take the load on the flat sections in the same areas the supplied jack does.

Jack_adaptor.jpg

"to fit around the sill seam and take the load on the flat sections"

Adding the area around the sill seam will reduce stress. Also, the longer the metal part of the adapter is, the lower stress will be. I wonder why the manufacturer does not do that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club