Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 Update - Error Code : LST_ERR04

simonb65

So, to summarise, are we saying that we can update our Sync 3 to version 3 but then no-one has managed a map update?  I'm still on map version 6.1....

46 minutes ago, KDA said:

So, to summarise, are we saying that we can update our Sync 3 to version 3 but then no-one has managed a map update?  I'm still on map version 6.1....

There are many that have updated to Sync3 v3.0 and F8 maps. Some have used the Ford Sync update website and had no issues. Some of us have had issues with what Ford has offered, but by engineering what the Sync update tries to give you, have created our own updates using the files direct from the Ford servers or other owners who have 'hacked' their way there!

I've just put F8 on my Sync3 v3.0 system, but it was from a F150 forum/owner. It's the same file that others on this forum are being offered through Ford Sync Update. Unfortunatley, the website is currently offering me (and many others) a corrupt update that doesn't work on Sync3 because its a Sync2 update!! So, I went and found the files I need myself and wrote the appropriate install script. I know that's beyond the majority of owners skills or ability, but that's how I've done it.

The Ford Update system and the files they release is a total mess !!

Looks like you have a Fiesta, from your signature ... have you checked to see what other Fiesta users have done as 6.1 is not a map release version that has ever been on an EDGE?  

Simon, thanks for your reply.

I updated to Sync v3 this morning in about 20 mins (although it took over 3.5 hours for the file to download last night - our poor internet speed!) and 'told' the Ford website I had done so.  It then offered the map updates but of 0.0mb!  In looking at what had very rapidly downloaded, there were only 2 files instead of 3.  I presume this is why I got the lst_err04 code...   Like many, I am reluctant to phone the number my car system offers as I don't want to spend £1 a minute only to be told the download they are offering won't work!

I've been waiting for a map update since getting the Fiesta new in Nov 2017 - so more patience required I think!

1 hour ago, simonb65 said:

The Ford Update system and the files they release is a total mess !!

Yes - it certainly doesn't help IT novices like me and my dealer.....

2 hours ago, KDA said:

Simon, thanks for your reply.

I updated to Sync v3 this morning in about 20 mins (although it took over 3.5 hours for the file to download last night - our poor internet speed!) and 'told' the Ford website I had done so.  It then offered the map updates but of 0.0mb!  In looking at what had very rapidly downloaded, there were only 2 files instead of 3.  I presume this is why I got the lst_err04 code...   Like many, I am reluctant to phone the number my car system offers as I don't want to spend £1 a minute only to be told the download they are offering won't work!

I've been waiting for a map update since getting the Fiesta new in Nov 2017 - so more patience required I think!

Yes - it certainly doesn't help IT novices like me and my dealer.....

Send them an Email

UKCRC@ford.com

They will respond . As I said previously I have complained so much they have opened a case file and escalated issue although they say it may take some time for their software engineers to fix (why?).The more people that complain the quicker they'll do something. In my case this is on a new 27k vehicle . My dealer cannot download new maps for same reason and said they had vehicles delivered direct from the factory with old software after new versions were released.

40 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Send them an Email

UKCRC@ford.com

I'll do this - I got no-where on the 'phone with the customer relations centre - all they wanted was to put me on the £1 a minute phone line - I said why should I pay Ford only to be told their download isn't working?  It's their technical problem, not mine!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KDA said:

It then offered the map updates but of 0.0mb! 

The 0.0mb update is an erroneous mix of Sync2 and Sync3 files, which are on different operating system platforms and so are incompatible. The update fails because Sync3 tries to run a Sync2 update file!! That's where my Ford Sync Update is currently 'stuck' too and I did it myself! 

Sadly as @KDA points out, I'm not going to call Ford on a premium rate number just tell them their system is sh*te! They should be grateful they are getting feedback and take it for free as they obviously don't pay their QA department enough. My car is going in on Monday for a couple of outstanding recalls, so I'll get them to see if they'll kick Ford customer relations too.

Ford Customer Services replied to my email with:

We are aware of issues experienced with the update facility, and our Technical team are working to resolve these concerns as quickly as able; to ensure the facility is functioning correctly, and the relevant tools are available as necessary.

We are expecting the next update to be released shortly, to provide both update for our vehicles and to address concerns that have been raised; therefore, we would recommend awaiting the latest update before reattempting. Unfortunately, we do not have a confirmed date of release; but we would recommend you liaise with your local Ford Dealership for development, as they will be updated first as soon as the latest update is made available.

We do apologise for the inconvenience experienced, but appreciate you taking the time to bring this information to our attention.

I have found my dealer clueless about updates so I'm surprised Ford still think that's where I get information from...

I've noticed the website has now given up on offering the 'wrong' update and has reverted back to 'Your maps are up to date'.

Talking to my dealer earlier this week, he told me the Sync3 v3.3 update was due for UK release in April.

Did my update to v3.3 two weeks ago. Much better than before.

• Like 1

What are the notable differences between Sync v3.0 and v3.3?

On 4/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, KugaEdge said:

I noticed the FordPass app icon in settings is now blue 😄 haven't noticed anything else yet. Wait, was it always blue?

Added my VIN to the website, was offered SYNC3_2940137607_Update.zip and no map updates. Put on exFAT formatted USB stick, put it in the car, nothing happened. Pulled it out, "Software Update is available" came up. Selected "No". Put it back in, "Updating software..." came up automatically 😕

Seems to have worked. Wasn't sure where the log file was to send them, found a Sync_xxxx.xml file in SyncMyRide, sent that and the website was happy that I'd updated.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, KugaEdge said:

As far as I can see major differences in 3.3 are related to radio. Eg radio settings such as text and station logo are saved instead of being lost  when switching off engine.

11 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

As far as I can see major differences in 3.3 are related to radio. Eg radio settings such as text and station logo are saved instead of being lost  when switching off engine.

Same here , was very irritating,  but happy now this has been sorted. 

• 2 months later...

Well, Ford updates seem to have some maps for me...

It says my software is up to date (I did this earlier this year) and it then took an age to 'prepare my maps'.  Now when I ask it to download them it says '24mb 2 days remaining'   I have tried 5 times over the past 4 days to download this.  After about 2 hours it gets as far as 0.9 downloaded and then it crashes with 'download cancelled'.  

So, am I wasting my time?  Is it my slow Internet speed?  Is it the Ford site?  Should I try at a friends house (with much faster broadband - ours is 1.5mb..)?

Help!  I'm no further forward (although the Motor Ombudsman has now acknowledged receipt of my complaint over most of these issues going back to October of last year...)

1.5mb is very slow nowadays and not really classed as broadband.  Even ADSL used to provide up to 10mb. Slow speeds like yours wont help and is probably causing your download failure.As you suggest you need to find faster internet source. 

17 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

As you suggest you need to find faster internet source. 

Yes, but will this download work? or is it the same incomplete one as earlier this year?

Just now, KDA said:

Yes, but will this download work? or is it the same incomplete one as earlier this year?

Its still a dodgy download nowt to do with your internet its all fords fault.

5 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Its still a dodgy download nowt to do with your internet its all fords fault.

Has anyone managed to update their maps since Oct last year?  Or is this latest download error a way of Ford passing the buck (again)

Just now, KDA said:

Has anyone managed to update their maps since Oct last year?

I got to F7 back in October but it still,says my maps need upgrading  hopefully F8 will sort it but not sure when that will be available over here.

F8 download problem with Fords download site only appears to be affecting some late MY18 and early MY19 vehicles .There are many on here who said they have downloaded F8 ok.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, Comares2001 said:

F8 download problem with Fords download site only appears to be affecting some late MY18 and early MY19 vehicles .There are many on here who said they have downloaded F8 ok.

Mines a MY17  and up till yesterday i couldnt update, successfully downloaded after trying all day, it kept hanging at 48%, car now updated it took less than 30 secs now says F8 and i could confirm update on ford site, so basically all it did was change F7 to F8 and give you the confirmation file thats been missing.

Hi Simon. Could you please put a link on here for the map updates. I have tried the official ford updates but not got anywhere with those. You mentioned f150  forum but can't seem to find it. Many thxs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club