Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

@norm wilde the Insert SD card error means only two things - faulty SDcard or faulty media HUB where you put the SDcard. So if possible try maybe one more time some other SDcard and if the issue persist it would be probably the media HUB. You can also try to use some other SDcard, put some mp3 on it and try to play if the SYNC2 will be able to recognize the SDcard.

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko I find myself in need of your knowledge! (As many have before me it seems!) I got a Kuga with sync 2 in November with no nav. I’d quite like nav now... any chance you could throw over the guide please? It would be massively appreciated. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko , any chance I could get your help accessing the nav on this sync 2 please mate? I have got a F7 card available ready to use. Much appreciated 

MArtin

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko ,  I've just purchased a 2016 Kuga with Sync 2 and rather stupidly assumed it had Sat Nav as standard, any chance I could get your help with accessing the nav please?  Very much appreciated 😀

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko,

Hubby is buying a 2015 Focus with Sync2 but no sat nav (it was a deal breaker for me but not for him 😂). Having done some research I’ve come across you and this thread, if you could please let me know what I need to buy/do to get sat nav in there, I would massively appreciate it!!

Thank you

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko just bought a Ford kuga titanium 2016 model with the 8 Inc screened dissapointly discovered it has no sat nav option, through a Google search I have stumbled upon this forum and I therefore kindly ask for assistance in getting nav on in my car. How do I know which sync version I  have. It display information on top right as everyone here mentions. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi I've just bought a 2016 Ranger Limited and wanted to activate the Sat Nav, having read through the posts there is a way. can anyone suggest what I need to do please. many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko just purchased a 2016 Kuga would like your assistance to access sat nav please.

Regards

Cliff

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, 

Can I please ask for your great assistance in activation of the nav system on  2016 Focus with Sync 2 which only displays 'information'in the top right corner of the screen.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko,

Would you be kind enough to forward me the instructions for activating the satnav on my 2016 Kuga 2.0 Titanium with Sync 2. Your help would be most appreciated buddy 🙂

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

Purchased a 2016 Kuga  with Sync 2 at the weekend and noticed it does have sat nav as advertised, would like your guidance to access sat nav please.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko

When I change the first to digits to 04 the process starts and then comes up as interrupted, any ideas why this is please?

@RayC3 most likely something wrong with the OBD reader ? When you start the Forscan and you see the log there, it tells you also the connection speed and if it is good or bad or very good. Also is your ELM with the USB plug or you have a bluetooth one?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using a USB connection, but will check the speed indication on my next attempt.

@RayC3 this is more like a Forscan or the OBD issue and i can maybe redirect you directly to the Forscan forum

https://forscan.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

I think there you will find some answer or you can ask the question also there, because i never experienced such an issue.

Hi Bannko I have now got the obd cable and maps I would like to set up with the original license with your help kind regards mark 

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko ,

I've recently purchased a Ford Focus 2016 model fitted with Sync 2 but no Satnav. Could I trouble you to send me your instructions on how to enable it please.

Thank you very much in advance.

Zoltan666

• Like 1

Does anyone have any advice about which OBD2 device to buy? Any risk to my sync2 if I get a cheap one off eBay?   I have a 66 plate kuga titanium looking to activate sat nav, I'd appreciate any instructions.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

I have no idea how many people Bannko has helped with this but reading from the first post there are loads.  I've PMd Bannko to hopefully become another.

• Like 2

Hi Bannko,

Any chance you could send me the instructions for our CMax sync 2 to install satnav?

Thanks very much your have helped lots of people already.

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko

Could you please send me the instructions to activate sat nav on the sync 2 please

Many thanks for your help!

• Like 1

@Bannko New to this site and like others have stumbled upon it because we have all purchased a Ford with SYNC 2 without Nav (even when the dealer says it does come with Nav).

Whilst I know your busy helping the 1000's of people in the same boat, would you also be able to send me the information on how to obtain the Nav licence and also how to enable it using FORScan.  I have the ELM 327 OBDII connection already.

Thanks again with everything you do round here!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club