Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Back seat rattle / clunking

Shaman

My 2016 focus (H.B) has recently started to make an annoying clunking sound from the right rear, however I have tracked down the source of the noise if you look in the boot at the back of the seat near the top on both sides of the car you will see a steel loop or ring that the seat back latches onto, or releases from to fold down.

Anyway I grabbed each ring and gave it a firm shake the left hand side is solid but the right hand side one allows just enough movement to create this noise I can also create the noise by grabbing the right hand side seat back section and rattle it from side to side. I haven't attempted fixing it yet, it is gone when I jam a sponge in the side of the seat level with the ring. Any idea how to tighten / align the ring or the latch to stop this.  It maybe just out of alignment very slightly with the latch if that makes sense.  If someone is sitting in the back right hand side the noise disappears.

Just wondering did anyone on here have and cure this same issue and have any tips before I get stuck into it? Any tips / advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi 

Had the same problem with my 2017 Ford Focus , on the left hand side . Took mind back to my local Ford dealer fixed it in about 10 mins 

tightened the back seat catch the part in the back seat rest . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony1 said:

Hi 

Had the same problem with my 2017 Ford Focus , on the left hand side . Took mind back to my local Ford dealer fixed it in about 10 mins 

tightened the back seat catch the part in the back seat rest . 

That's what I was thinking Tony, it' probably just needs a very slight adjustment / realignment  I must take a look at it soon, it can't be that hard a task, and it is something that may well reoccur at a later stage.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I Put some cardboard over the silver seat bar .Nice and tight when shut now 😉

• 3 years later...

I've just cured problem with my 24 reg puma st.Had an annoying rattle from back seat somewhere found out eventually it was coming from seatbelt holder the twin in middle were rattling against each other & the spring below! Don't rattle when weight someone's in the back! Simple solution foam packing in-between cured! 

P.s

Should of taken it back to ford but such a simple fix .Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club