Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dal's MK8 Fiesta ST-Line

Darren-mk8

the red pin strip looks good mate

• Like 1

Made the most of my day off work on Sunday, and finally got round to painting my brake calipers. Happy with the outcome. I went for a matt finish. Although i am in 2 minds as to whether or not i should go back and gloss them.  

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_1942.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

I've been told recently that tinting your front fog lights red or blue is illegal. Is this true? As i was going to do mine red. If this is the case then i'm unsure what colour to go for. Purple seemed the logical choice as its as close to red as you can get without being red (don't want pink before anyone says it), but after i mess around in photoshop other colours are appealing to me.

Thoughts?

Fogs.jpg

The lighting requirements for vehicles are contained in the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989 and state that all forward facing lights must be white other than indicators.
Lamin-X do a light blue tinting plastic that will make horrible yellowy fog lights appear more white.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

58 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

The lighting requirements for vehicles are contained in the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989 and state that all forward facing lights must be white other than indicators.
Lamin-X do a light blue tinting plastic that will make horrible yellowy fog lights appear more white.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Really? Wow, i've seen loads of people do it too. That's a shame. Or are they just avoiding being caught? A bunch of sites sell tints too, some even warn you that red/blue isn't legal.

http://www.monstagraphix.com/store/product/fog-light-tints

https://skgraphic.co.uk/products/fiesta-mk8-st-st-line-fog-light-protectors

liking the red calipers dude stands out well with the colour of the car I would gloss them myself. not sure about tinting the fog lights. you could always just buy some tint film that way if your stoped you can just peel it off just a thought

• Like 1

4 hours ago, b4zz said:

liking the red calipers dude stands out well with the colour of the car I would gloss them myself. not sure about tinting the fog lights. you could always just buy some tint film that way if your stoped you can just peel it off just a thought

Tint film was the plan. Easy to remove if need be.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not been up to much lately. However i did receive a sample sheet of red vinyl. Wanted to see how it looked before i went too mad. Happy with the outcome so far. Though i need to gloss the red vinyl i think. Not sure about the matt finish. Will do the rest of the 'de-chroming' when the rest of my vinyl arrives. Here's my progress so far. 

IMG_E1986.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club