Do Not Sell My Personal Information

st line and titanium x

mitch84

53 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

No, it's a bladeless key. As long as the key fob is in the car just press the clutch pedal and hit the button. Most people just drop it in a convenient cubby or cupholder, or leave it in their pocket or bag.

That's the same as my focus now, but I thought the st line X didn't have keyless entry/start as standard ?

27 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

That's the same as my focus now, but I thought the st line X didn't have keyless entry/start as standard ?

It doesn't, it's only keyless start. You have to press a button on the fob to lock/unlock. The actual fob looks pretty much like the one on the Focus iirc, I had a Mk 2.5 Titanium a few years back.

IMG_20191109_184945.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

but I thought the st line X didn't have keyless entry/start as standard ?

It has Keyless start as standard but it doesn't have Keyless entry. You unlock/lock the car with a press on the keyfob button. But to start the car all you need is to have the keyfob in the car with you and you can press the start button to start the engine.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

I was looking at used ford direct st line x fiesta, they average about 15k -16k with around 2500 - 3500 miles on the clock

Wondering if I should look at used instead but unsure if that mileage and price is ok for 1litre 140 ecoboost 

Sounds reasonable it's hardly even run-in at 3500 miles about £5000 off list price with a few years warranty left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Sounds reasonable it's hardly even run-in at 3500 miles about £5000 off list price with a few years warranty left.

there is a st line x 1l 140ps in magnetic (5dr) with about 3500 on the clock selling for just over 15k, guess I should check it out.

Ford Direct can be very good - you get the Ford Direct warranty in addition to the balance of manufacturers warranty, it includes 2 years breakdown, and a 30 day exchange plan. A lot of them are ex-Ford staff vehicles and quite highly specified, they could also be ex-hire or ex-demo.

My own experience was mixed - I bought a C-Max which a local dealer had in stock and it was 100% - immaculately prepared. A few years earlier I bought a Fiesta that was not physically at the dealer, but brought in from Ford Direct national stock. It turned out to be a wrong 'un and was rejected under the plan. At the time there were no other suitable cars on Ford Direct to exchange it with, so I was offered an excellent deal on a new car, which I accepted. 

So my advice would be only to consider cars physically at the dealer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ford Direct can be very good - you get the Ford Direct warranty in addition to the balance of manufacturers warranty, it includes 2 years breakdown, and a 30 day exchange plan. A lot of them are ex-Ford staff vehicles and quite highly specified, they could also be ex-hire or ex-demo.

My own experience was mixed - I bought a C-Max which a local dealer had in stock and it was 100% - immaculately prepared. A few years earlier I bought a Fiesta that was not physically at the dealer, but brought in from Ford Direct national stock. It turned out to be a wrong 'un and was rejected under the plan. At the time there were no other suitable cars on Ford Direct to exchange it with, so I was offered an excellent deal on a new car, which I accepted. 

So my advice would be only to consider cars physically at the dealer.

My current focus is a ford direct that I have had for 8 years and has been excellent, I have jotted down 3-4 reg plates that may be at my local dealership , 3 in frozen white and 1 in magnetic ranging from 1000-3500 miles on the clock, two of them have very similar mileage but price differs quite a bit.

Unsure on frozen white, it looks nice and have had a white fiesta before, the magnetic st line x is the one with slightly more mileage at 3500 but is cheaper at £15k, the others are around £16.5k  with lower mileage.

Does anyone know if I was to put a reserve/deposit down, and I changed my mind would I get the money back, i'm guessing a deposit/reserve is £1k?

34 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Does anyone know if I was to put a reserve/deposit down, and I changed my mind would I get the money back, i'm guessing a deposit/reserve is £1k?

Normally the deposit is to reserve the vehicle for you and take it off the market, you are committing to buy that vehicle. Usually you place a deposit at the time of ordering it. Don't have a copy around but I think the normal Ford order form states deposits are returnable only in the event that they are unable to supply the vehicle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Normally the deposit is to reserve the vehicle for you and take it off the market, you are committing to buy that vehicle. Usually you place a deposit at the time of ordering it. Don't have a copy around but I think the normal Ford order form states deposits are returnable only in the event that they are unable to supply the vehicle.

Placed a deposit today on a Fiesta ST-Line X 1L 140ps in shadow black with 500 miles on the clock

I was originally looking at magnetic but they were all reserved/sold with the spec and mileage I was looking at.

This one is fully spec so has LED front headlights, reverse sensors and rear camera, 18" alloys I believe and also according to features on site it has panorama roof, didn't mention that.

Took a test drive in an ST line 140ps and its lovely to drive, the car i reserved wasn't at the garage but I will check it out and test drive first.

Thanks for the help, I will update at a later date. interested in seeing how the LED headlights are.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

I will check it out and test drive first.

Should be fine at that low a mileage but best to be sure!😀

25 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Should be fine at that low a mileage but best to be sure!😀

Hope so.

On Ford site it says it has 10 Speakers and subwoofer, does anyone know if that means its the B&O sound system, I'm not bothered about that really but just wondered, as apparently the B&O system restricts the means of having a spare wheel, I guess due to the sub.

12 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

On Ford site it says it has 10 speakers and subwoofer

Yep sounds like the B&O system, the standard one doesn't have a Sub. And yes you can't have a spare as the Subwoofer goes in the spare tray.

Never got the point of having a powerful Hi-Fi system in a car. I was a bit of an Audiophile in my youth and spent a small fortune on some Hi FI gear for home but in the car it seems pointless. If you want to hear the music in good quality  over the engine/road noise you'd have to have it so loud you'll be unable to hear emergency vehicle sirens and will probably be damaging your hearing. And how anyone can concentrate with music that loud is beyond me. Also you can't hear your engine or any unusual sounds that might indicate a problem with your car.

Many years ago I followed a friend up to the Snetterton Race track. He was about 150 metres in front of me when he collected a traffic cone that had fallen over at some road works.

He carried on driving for the next 5 miles with the thing scraping away under his car, despite me blasting the horn and flashing the lights. When we got to the track the muppet said he had no idea, he knew he'd clipped it but assumed it was just that. He'd had his hi fi  on so loud he didn't know it was there.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Yep sounds like the B&O system, the standard one doesn't have a Sub. And yes you can't have a spare as the Subwoofer goes in the spare tray.

Never got the point of having a powerful Hi-Fi system in a car. I was a bit of an Audiophile in my youth and spent a small fortune on some Hi FI gear for home but in the car it seems pointless. If you want to hear the music in good quality  over the engine/road noise you'd have to have it so loud you'll be unable to hear emergency vehicle sirens and will probably be damaging your hearing. And how anyone can concentrate with music that loud is beyond me. Also you can't hear your engine or any unusual sounds that might indicate a problem with your car.

Many years ago I followed a friend up to the Snetterton Race track. He was about 150 metres in front of me when he collected a traffic cone that had fallen over at some road works.

He carried on driving for the next 5 miles with the thing scraping away under his car, despite me blasting the horn and flashing the lights. When we got to the track the muppet said he had no idea, he knew he'd clipped it but assumed it was just that. He'd had his hi fi  on so loud he didn't know it was there.

Oh well, I would never have it loud anyway, hate playing music loud in a car like you say, even having the panoramic roof seems to prevent having a spare wheel.

1 hour ago, Blatto said:

you can't have a spare as the Subwoofer goes in the spare tray.

1 hour ago, mitch84 said:

even having the panoramic roof seems to prevent having a spare wheel.

There's a couple of threads in the Fiesta forum showing how folks have fitted a spare to cars with pan roof and subwoofer.

• Like 1

Reading up on a few things before I get my fiesta, with sync 3 I will likely need to update it, I can connect to my wifi from my drive I would think. 

Do I need to keep the car engine running while it updates, been reading various posts that seem to suggest you do.

Would auto start/stop interfere with this. I gather it takes a while to update as well?

Any tips for easiest way to update software and maps.

Also can you disable that auto start/stop, unsure how well it works, but guess I would get used to it.

1 hour ago, mitch84 said:

Reading up on a few things before I get my fiesta, with sync 3 I will likely need to update it, I can connect to my wifi from my drive I would think. 

Do I need to keep the car engine running while it updates, been reading various posts that seem to suggest you do.

Would auto start/stop interfere with this. I gather it takes a while to update as well?

Any tips for easiest way to update software and maps.

Also can you disable that auto start/stop, unsure how well it works, but guess I would get used to it.

Hi Steve.  Currently the only way you can update Sync or indeed the Sat-Nav maps is via a USB stick.  It took me 40 minutes last time I did it, so I just went for a drive whilst updating as car has to be 'on'.

Here is where to start:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Stop / Start can only be disabled 'per journey' via the button near the gear-stick.  Meaning it will automatically reset to the ON position next trip.

I don't know if this can be changed with Forscan programming or not though.

The B&o sound system is an improvement (although very picky about which formats i.e FLAC / Lossless etc. - it needs to sound amazing) and it doesn't need playing loud for you to appreciate the benefit.  Get the right track type, or source, and it sounds considerably better than the standard system, again even at normal volume levels.  The point of a good system is that it has depth and quality through a range of volume levels, and in some situations, the B&o has this.

I have the panoramic roof and whilst I wouldn't have spec'd it myself (bought my car at a year old) I love it now.  Pretty much every opportunity during the summer I had it open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, as Gary says. There has been some discussion on other forums as to whether the Wi-Fi update has started working - some members say theirs has changed version without them doing anything, and I've had the experience mentioned below:

On 4/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Although Wi-Fi updates apparently doesn't work in the UK, I left it enabled in my car just to see if anything ever did happen. Since 30 March, every time I switch on the car while it's in range of Wi-Fi, a message comes up "Downloading new system update". If I do a "search for new updates" it comes up with "Downloading JR3T-14G391-AD-131059_tar.gz". So I'm just waiting to see if anything does happen on that one - from Sync 3  posts I've seen elsewhere I think I've seen that file number mentioned before.

I've seen nothing else happening - no change of version etc, but I used to lose GPS signal with great reqularity, now I don't. May just be a coincidence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, as Gary says. There has been some discussion on other forums as to whether the Wi-Fi update has started working - some members say theirs has without them doing anything, and I've had the experience mentioned below:

I've seen nothing else happening - no change of version etc, but I used to lose GPS signal with great reqularity, now I don't. May just be a coincidence.

Yeah I've had that message when I had the wifi on last year Roger, never had it actually update anything though that I can see.

I've had my wifi turned off for nearly a year, in an effort to reduce the bluetooth disconnections (it hasn't lol), and my constant GPS failure only stopped happening 3-4 months ago during the summer heat (I worry every time I write that lol).

It would be amazing if Wifi is starting to work as I have an update waiting I'm scared to install in case it kills my GPS again.  I just don't know how it would do it unless you sat for extended periods outside your house with the car on, or maybe it would do it bit by bit, or maybe it keeps it running like the some electrical components for a set time.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, tef89 said:

Hi Steve.  Currently the only way you can update Sync or indeed the Sat-Nav maps is via a USB stick.  It took me 40 minutes last time I did it, so I just went for a drive whilst updating as car has to be 'on'.

Here is where to start:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Stop / Start can only be disabled 'per journey' via the button near the gear-stick.  Meaning it will automatically reset to the ON position next trip.

I don't know if this can be changed with Forscan programming or not though.

The B&o sound system is an improvement (although very picky about which formats i.e FLAC / Lossless etc. - it needs to sound amazing) and it doesn't need playing loud for you to appreciate the benefit.  Get the right track type, or source, and it sounds considerably better than the standard system, again even at normal volume levels.  The point of a good system is that it has depth and quality through a range of volume levels, and in some situations, the B&o has this.

I have the panoramic roof and whilst I wouldn't have spec'd it myself (bought my car at a year old) I love it now.  Pretty much every opportunity during the summer I had it open.

Don't like the thought of car sitting idling for that length of time to update, seem's bonkers you can't just have the ignition on, guess I will take it for a spin if I do an update then.

Saw a video of the panaramic roof, looks great, I had no idea it had it until I looked in the ford direct website car listing, could not get any decent picture of car showing the roof so can't tell if it does have it, but I could just make out a line going across the roof at about halfway.

If I decide to update via USB, is there any other use of connecting SYNC to my home wifi?

2 hours ago, mitch84 said:

Don't like the thought of car sitting idling for that length of time to update, seem's bonkers you can't just have the ignition on, guess I will take it for a spin if I do an update then.

Saw a video of the panaramic roof, looks great, I had no idea it had it until I looked in the ford direct website car listing, could not get any decent picture of car showing the roof so can't tell if it does have it, but I could just make out a line going across the roof at about halfway.

If I decide to update via USB, is there any other use of connecting SYNC to my home wifi?

You can just have the ignition on, only issue is the battery charge available and whether it updates  before the system decides to power things down I guess.  I'm just a bit overly careful with running the battery down (remember you have permanent DRLs etc).

I've not found a benefit of connecting it to my home wifi no, but others may have.

• Thanks 1

Yeah that line is a give away.  Might be harder to see on the black version though.

20181029_151119.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tef89 said:

You can just have the ignition on, only issue is the battery charge available and whether it updates  before the system decides to power things down I guess.  I'm just a bit overly careful with running the battery down (remember you have permanent DRLs etc).

I've not found a benefit of connecting it to my home wifi no, but others may have.

I will take it for a spin if I do an update then, mentioning the LED headlights, I was trying to find LED Bulbs, but unsure what the fitting is and type of bulb it is on the fiesta mk8 with the led headlights. Just wanted to get a rough idea on cost's if things need replacing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

I will take it for a spin if I do an update then, mentioning the LED headlights, I was trying to find led bulbs, but unsure what the fitting is and type of bulb it is on the fiesta mk8 with the led headlights. Just wanted to get a rough idea on cost's if things need replacing.

Really not sure on that as I have the std headlights.  I'm sure I've seen a thread on here somewhere about replacing the bulbs though.

With such a new car, and the longevity of LED Bulbs, you'd hope you wouldn't have to worry about them for a long time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tef89 said:

Really not sure on that as I have the std headlights.  I'm sure I've seen a thread on here somewhere about replacing the bulbs though.

With such a new car, and the longevity of LED bulbs, you'd hope you wouldn't have to worry about them for a long time.

Indeed, will try to find the thread.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club