Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

Most of us here almost lost the will to live getting F9 before getting it from 3rd party sources. Where's F10 already 1 year overdue?

11 hours ago, FezMan said:

Yep looks like F9 maps is finally available at 22gb, and an estimated 80 mins to install time

I've never actually used the sync nav due to apple car play, does it have any other benefits in updating? Otherwise im in no rush to leave the car running for over an hour for nothing 😂

I got the F9 maps OTA, as I’m computer illiterate. I’ve absolutely no intention of leaving uk in it but if there’s a new motorway in Romania I’ll know where my cut off is. 

• Haha 2

Finally, at long last I am now being offered the official Map update (F9 ?) from the Ford website.

Until now I have not been offered the update ether via WiFi or the official Ford website although thanks to Alexp999 it has been available from his F9 update link.

I have just downloaded the following files from the Ford website and notice that there is no 'DONTINDX.MSA file in the root directory.

Should that file be there or Is normal for it to be missing ?

Also, can someone please confirm if there are any differences or updates between the following files and the F9 Map updates released last year ?

Root Directory Folders.

Maps USB Stick Root Directory Files.jpg

autoinstall.lst

Maps USB Stick autoinstall.lst.jpg

SyncMyRide Folder

Maps USB Stick SyncMyRide Files.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PLB said:

I have just downloaded the following files from the Ford website and notice that there is no 'DONTINDX.MSA file in the root directory.

Should that file be there or Is normal for it to be missing ?

Also, can someone please confirm if there are any differences or updates between the following files and the F9 Map updates released last year ?

The DONTINDX file is not necessary, makes no noticeable difference, and wasn't included in my download. All the files in the SyncMyRide folder are exactly the same name and size as those I downloaded on 7th October, except the very last file. I had a version with AC in it and 44kb as opposed to your AD version 47kb. That's not to say your files are not updated versions, but unlikely if the file sizes are exactly the same.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Waggy said:

The DONTINDX file is not necessary, makes no noticeable difference, and wasn't included in my download. All the files in the SyncMyRide folder are exactly the same name and size as those I downloaded on 7th October, except the very last file. I had a version with AC in it and 44kb as opposed to your AD version 47kb. That's not to say your files are not updated versions, but unlikely if the file sizes are exactly the same.

Thanks for the confirmation regarding the DONTINDX file 👍

I can't understand why some of us have had to wait so long for this update as there appears to be no major differences, which as you have confirmed was available back in October. 🤔

1 hour ago, PLB said:

Thanks for the confirmation regarding the DONTINDX file 👍

I can't understand why some of us have had to wait so long for this update as there appears to be no major differences, which as you have confirmed was available back in October. 🤔

Because the download is so large they don't want the servers getting hammered by everyone at once. They selectively roll out the update via a schedule, keeps their costs manageable and the support don't get hammered.

Ford website is offering me an 8gb map update. 
Do I need it? I thought I was up to date..

36 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

8BBCBACA-D8B8-457D-BFB8-BB990B4F58DD.jpeg

Interesting, I wonder what that update contains.

You may as well go ahead with the update if it's being offered to you.

Also, it may be a good idea to post the downloaded file names as someone on here may be able to tell us what they do.

I assume that you are already on F9 ?

1 hour ago, PLB said:

Also, it may be a good idea to post the downloaded file names as someone on here may be able to tell us what they do.

Yeah, got F9 OTA . I hadn’t checked the website since getting sync update and F9.

My cars started downloading something maybe 3 of 4 times (whilst connected to my WiFi)  in last couple of months. But not getting anywhere. 
...might be connected ..Idk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PLB said:

According to this, Looks like it’s an error on the website. 

D4E3D6F5-4252-4E38-B33D-87EC1E49BDB8.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

According to this, Looks like it’s an error on the website. 

D4E3D6F5-4252-4E38-B33D-87EC1E49BDB8.png

Thanks for posting that information. 👍

Very useful as it's clarified my DONTINDX query and your 8.2GB map query. 😂

11 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks for posting that information. 👍

Very useful as it's clarified my DONTINDX query and your 8.2GB map query. 😂

2 birds stoned 😆 

• Like 1

Hi...

I've successfully updated my 2018 Fiesta to the latest version of SYNC 3, and then downloaded and started the maps update too. The first part went as expected, and asked for a key cycle...and goes no further. I do the key cycle, start up again, and after a couple of minutes, it again says, first part complete, please do a key cycle to continue...

Any suggestions please?

People on here  keep referring to F7, F8, F9 and F10 as the version of the maps.

My Fiesta shows

Map version: sd2_FORD_MFD_H_We...

Navigation version: N2189M__9.3C4P21

SWversion: 2710_150605

Partnumber:F1BT-14D358-DC

Road changes in the last couple of years around Manchester are making the SatNav as good as useless.

Frank 

23 minutes ago, Yank256 said:

People on here  keep referring to F7, F8, F9 and F10 as the version of the maps.

My Fiesta shows

Map version: sd2_FORD_MFD_H_We...

Navigation version: N2189M__9.3C4P21

SWversion: 2710_150605

Partnumber:F1BT-14D358-DC

Road changes in the last couple of years around Manchester are making the SatNav as good as useless.

Frank 

I’m guessing your Fiesta has an SD CARD which you will need to buy an upgrade ( if available) 

maybe if you check the Fiesta forum

2 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

I’m guessing your Fiesta has an SD CARD which you will need to buy an upgrade ( if available) 

maybe if you check the Fiesta forum

Thanks Andyr55 but that's my issue. I've no idea how or even if I can get an upgrade. When I put the VIN into the SYNC site it tells me I'm up to date but that doesn't help with my new roads situation around Manchester 😞

Frank

1 hour ago, Yank256 said:

Thanks Andyr55 but that's my issue. I've no idea how or even if I can get an upgrade. When I put the VIN into the SYNC site it tells me I'm up to date but that doesn't help with my new roads situation around Manchester 😞

Frank

Frank, a 2017 plate. There will be a way to update it. Pretty much every member on here has had the Ford website ‘up to date’ issue . Fiesta forum ..as suggested . 

Picked up my new Fiesta Vignale today. On checking Sync it shows I have Sync 3.4 but maps F8. On checking with Ford sync update website it says both sync and maps are up to date. Strange.

Well, I seem to be stuck on SYNC v.3 and maps 6.1- whatever the maps update file that Ford are giving me is, it's only 8.something GB, is getting stuck at the first key cycle request, and is clearly not a full update. Pants.

Is there anywhere to get older maps files to try instead? Like F8 or something?

2 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Well, I seem to be stuck on SYNC v.3 and maps 6.1- whatever the maps update file that Ford are giving me is, it's only 8.something GB, is getting stuck at the first key cycle request, and is clearly not a full update. Pants.

Is there anywhere to get older maps files to try instead? Like F8 or something?

If u scroll back a bit I posted about that 8.2gb update which I too was told I needed on the ford website...seems it’s an error on the website. 
F9 maps was a lot bigger than 8gb . I got mine OTA in a week. 

Thank you for the reply Alex. I had read a lot of the thread, but obviously not all of it, but at least now I have my first confirmation that it is a Ford problem and not me!

The alexp999 F9 download that many talk about, is that suitable for a Fiesta or are they vehicle specific?

2 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Thank you for the reply Alex. I had read a lot of the thread, but obviously not all of it, but at least now I have my first confirmation that it is a Ford problem and not me!

The alexp999 F9 download that many talk about, is that suitable for a Fiesta or are they vehicle specific?

I’m pretty sure it’ll be suitable. Definitely owners on here that can confirm that for you..

??

4 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Regarding the alexp999 F9 map download.

I stand to be corrected but I am fairly sure that you need to be running Sync software version 3.4 build 20136.

As Alex.S says, other owners probably can confirm.

Yeah, confirmed in another thread by Alex. Nuts! So, unless anyone has the suitable F9 file for v.3.0 20204, I think that's me stuck where I am now..?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club