Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

I last tried a full factory reset back in November, it made no difference to the missing logos but it did screw up the Ford Pass app completely and it took lots of emails and live chats for nearly 2 weeks before it be sorted. So as you might guess I'm not keen to do a factory reset anytime soon 

I did a master reset on mine at the weekend, also didn't make any difference to the logo and messed up my Ford Pass App.😞

I have just about given up with the FordPass app. You should try using the FordPass Pro app, its much better seems not to crash as much AND if you do find something wrong with it you can contact the team and get a reply mostly the same day. The very odd thing is they are two different development teams and don't seem to share solutions.

You might have noticed that the FordPass app no longer tells you if your car is locked or open when you open the app, that was after months of it not working, so they fixed the problem by taking the feature off the app.

If you use the FordPass Pro app you will find the lock / unlock information works every time.

On 10/4/2020 at 8:41 AM, colinmcg71 said:

The DAB logo file I had when my Focus was on Sync 3.3.19052 was 1U5T-14G658-AD. It appeared to be missing many station logos after I updated to Sync 3.4.

This is the newer DAB logo package for Sync 3.4.20136, direct download from Ford's servers. It's only just over 60 MB.

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AE_1553188025000.TAR.GZ

Installing this requires the creation of a simple one item autoinstall.lst file. I've uploaded it here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AGWJAQznWSmct14&cid=3E72313DFB431897&id=3E72313DFB431897!10045&parId=3E72313DFB431897!105&o=OneUp

Take your USB flash drive and format it exFAT (quick format is fine).

Create a folder called SyncMyRide in the root of this drive.

Place the autoinstall.lst file in the root of this drive too.

Copy the DAB logo file you downloaded into the SyncMyRide folder.

Unplug your flash drive from PC and plug it into your car.

Update should take only a few minutes.

Most DAB/FM station logos should be displayed again. (I'm still missing BBC R5 Live).

This process worked fine for me but it is entirely up to you if you want to risk trying it on your own car.

Anyone got a link to the autoinstall.lst file in this post? Its now a dead link.

So....... I followed the link and downloaded the files, so far so good. What do I have to do now to get the radio station logos back on my Sync3 ?

All help appreciated - and thanks to Colinmcg71 for uploading them

28 minutes ago, unofix said:

So....... I followed the link and downloaded the files, so far so good. What do I have to do now to get the radio station logos back on my Sync3 ?

All help appreciated - and thanks to Colinmcg71 for uploading them

Hi unofix, follow the instructions in the first post on page 37 of this thread and you should have a lot more radio logos.

• Like 1

Hi Colinmcg71 thanks for the quick reply. ---- off to read page 37 now

I think Portugal don't use dab stations, anyone know if the FM logos apear? and how to know if the portugal logos are in sync 3? Because on my sync never apear the logo, only the text....

10 hours ago, Cozinheiro said:

I think Portugal don't use dab stations, anyone know if the FM logos apear? and how to know if the portugal logos are in sync 3? Because on my sync never apear the logo, only the text....

No logo will appear on an FM/AM transmission.

12 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

Thanks for the aswer.

I already saw in other brands like peugeot, etc... the portugal radios with a Logo... how do they do it? It's a limitation on sync 3?

3 minutes ago, Cozinheiro said:

Thanks for the aswer.

I already saw in other brands like peugeot, etc... the portugal radios with a Logo... how do they do it? It's a limitation on sync 3?

DAB - transmits the logo data in the DAB data stream.

FM/AM - there is no logo in the data stream.

If you are seeing a logo on an FM station then maybe the system has an option to add a logo via a different source than the transmission, e.g. a JPEG image held on an external device or a software programming solution.

I've got radio logos on fm . Did my 3.4 update from the well known site 

37 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

Mines got logos on fm updated to 3.4 from the well known site 👍

4 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

Mines got logos on fm updated to 3.4 from the well known site 👍

Mine to, but only on one station and the wrong logo, it apears one logo from a denmark station and i'm on portugal.

anyone in portugal have the station logos?

6 minutes ago, Cozinheiro said:

Mine to, but only on one station and the wrong logo, it apears one logo from a denmark station and i'm on portugal.

anyone in portugal have the station logos?

They have probably been pre-loaded into the update.

Hi Colinmcg71. Tried the logo update file you kindly shared but no joy 🙁 It tries to update then fails and comes up with the error shown in the attached photo.

Either I'm not doing it right or its not compatible with my version of sysc3. Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks

DSC_0009.JPG

Hi @unofix Looks like the installer can’t find the logo file. Your USB drive should look like this:D9923F5A-5598-4CDE-929B-1397A4E7062B.thumb.jpeg.6e4371149c0221ec476fff8e2649ba4f.jpeg

Inside the SyncMyRide folder should look like this:BED46A68-56F1-4471-9855-F04C9ABCE60A.thumb.jpeg.db1f42d51a7363088dddc72c4a09d251.jpeg

The logo file should still be zipped.

Hope this helps.

Hi @unofix Looks like the installer can’t find the logo file. Your USB drive should look like this:D9923F5A-5598-4CDE-929B-1397A4E7062B.thumb.jpeg.6e4371149c0221ec476fff8e2649ba4f.jpeg

Inside the SyncMyRide folder should look like this:BED46A68-56F1-4471-9855-F04C9ABCE60A.thumb.jpeg.db1f42d51a7363088dddc72c4a09d251.jpeg

The logo file should still be zipped.

Hope this helps.

Hi Colinmcg71, thank you for your continued help. I don't seem to have the same folder as your screen shots.

I have formated a USB pen and created a folder called "SyncMyRide" which I have put on the USB pen. Also on the USB is the autoinstaller. Inside the SyncMyRide folder I have placed the Zip folder that I downloaded from your link. It is called "Calibration" and inside that is another folder also called "Calibration" and then inside of that a list of files. I hope the attached screen shots will explain what I have.

Files.JPG

USB Pen.JPG

Calibration Zip Folder.JPG

Calibration.JPG

Above screen shots are in the wrong order

Hi @unofix 

I see the problem now. You don’t actually have the dab logo file. What you have there are calibration files for FORScan which were in my public folder too. Sorry about that.

This is a link to the logo file direct from Ford.

https://ivsubinaries.azureedge.net/swparts/1U5T-14G658-AE_1553188025000.TAR.GZ

Download and place only this file in your SyncMyRide folder. No need to unzip it either.

After that you should be good to go.

Cheers, Col.

• Thanks 1

Houston we have 'Lift Off' 😀 all DAB radio logos present and correct !!!!

Colin you are a star, thanks for your help with this. I owe you a pint, if the pubs ever reopen

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, unofix said:

Houston we have 'Lift Off' 😀 all DAB radio logos present and correct !!!!

Colin you are a star, thanks for your help with this. I owe you a pint, if the pubs ever reopen

Haha! Cheers 🍻 Glad you got it sorted 😁

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club