Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, GMX said:

How did they resolve your brake issue without replacing any parts? or was just dirty slider/guide pins, that were cleaned?

According to the job sheet, they removed both front calipers, pads and discs - cleaned everything up and reassembled.  It still got an advisory for the efficiency being borderline, but lets face it - those cars never had the best brakes to begin with.  As for the parking brake it was much and such the same, cleaning and greasing the adjusters. He did mention that both rear cables are frayed though so will need replacement ASAP.

Missus shouting me and saying in an angry voice ''Have you seen this'' :sad: I go upstairs expecting to get a rollocking only to see her naked on the bed with her legs wide open :wub:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Missus shouting me and saying in an angry voice ''Have you seen this'' :sad: I go upstairs expecting to get a rollocking only to see her naked on the bed with her legs wide open :wub:

You lucky so & so.  I'd never get that.  I'd get the shouting in an angry voice but not the naked bit

• Like 5

You sure that's not a video your watching

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

You sure that's not a video your watching

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

:laugh:

• Like 1

Prior to the incident on "I don't like thread", I do like getting the trailing bush tomatoes in their respective hanging baskets, the remaining sweetcorns in their bed followed by a run round the lawn with the mower.:smile:

I also like seeing absolutely no slug and snail damage on any of the young vegetables, since there are almost as many slug pubs as vegetables :smile:

• Like 1

What made me giggle yesterday was going into a car park - normal unlit affair- and my auto headlights come on immediately on being in the 'dark', and the car behind me (58 plate polo) after a pause then turns her lights on so as not to be outdone :lol:

• Like 3

We're off to see the BTCC at Oulton park today.  EXCITEDDDD!!!!!  Not sure who's more excited, me or Amelia my 4 year old daughter.  Wife doesn't seem to keen though

• Like 1

Brandy's extended weekend stroll was more of a gentle plod, due to the very hot humid weather today, although there was a moderate breeze on the more exposed treeless flat parts.:smile:

The combination of being an older dog, having a permanent fur coat, and a bruised nose, slowed Brandy down considerably in the 27°C heat:mellow:

It was surprisingly hot at 7am:ohmy:, we have been used to having below average temperature last month, suddenly it reverted back to proper June temperatures overnight:sweat:.

I do like tackling the back garden successfully and getting it looking like a lawn again rather than a wilderness...  I also like my old 20 year old mower managing it - proves what I always say about Briggs & Stratton being the best engine manufacturer.

WP_20160605_13_50_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20160605_13_50_17_Pro.jpg

The bit of wood sticking out of the back is holding the dead man's handle switch open, as it no longer has the original handle or cable!

WP_20160605_16_12_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20160605_16_12_33_Pro.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like tackling the back garden successfully and getting it looking like a lawn again rather than a wilderness...  I also like my old 20 year old mower managing it - proves what I always say about Briggs & Stratton being the best engine manufacturer.

The bit of wood sticking out of the back is holding the dead man's handle switch open, as it no longer has the original handle or cable!

Mines a Honda 4HP with No "DOCH"😅

smell of 2 stroke makes me horny!

Our 18 month old son Tadhg 

at dinner today; a fly came in the Window and flew around the room (as they do I suppose).

Our son was convinced this dark flying insect was in fact "BatMan" 😂 and began to point at it and tell us all "oh look BatMan" in a growley voice 😁

• Like 2

I like todays day at the touring cars, saw some awesome cars AND the best bit was, I saw my dream car AND I heard it.  A 16 plate Ford Focus RS.  OH MY GOD it's beautiful.  Also saw a Hurracan LP610-4, MP4-12C, loads of GTR's, loads of Porsche's & loads of really nice cars.  The touring cars sounded absolutely awesome, I had a great day, 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Is that a Hills VL138 washing line?

or a repainted VL140?  The VL40 was never offered in green powder coating.

4 hours ago, GMX said:

Is that a Hills VL138 washing line?

or a repainted VL140?  The VL40 was never offered in green powder coating.

You never fail to surprise me with your observations Ghana!!  To be honest I have no idea, and I don't think there is a sticker or anything on it to advise of the make/model.

• Like 2

We have 2 Rose bushes planted in the front garden(we put them in last year, when we moved here) one is pink & one is a very dark red & both of them are flowering very well, really happy with this lol, I just want the Hydrangea to kick it up a notch now & grow into a big massive bushy one like nan used to have.  Although that will take them as that to was planted last year

• Like 2

Hills are the Briggs & Stratton/Aston Martin of washing lines.

If it's got a wind up hoist: it's a VL138

I have a VL116 which I bought in 1986, I had to restring once in 2013, when the inner core failed

In Ford Focus terms mine is the Zetec S, whereas you appear to have the Titanium (VL138) or the ST (VL140)

The most desirable model in Hills washing lines is the VL152

• Like 1

I do like having finished the preparation of the broccoli bed and the summer carrot/beetroot bed:smile:

I also like that Brandy's nose wound is healing:smile:

31 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

We have 2 Rose bushes planted in the front garden(we put them in last year, when we moved here) one is pink & one is a very dark red & both of them are flowering very well, really happy with this lol, I just want the Hydrangea to kick it up a notch now & grow into a big massive bushy one like nan used to have.  Although that will take them as that to was planted last year

Give the hydrangea a top dressing of fish blood and bone, a couple of handfuls raked in.  The roses too, when they've finished flowering:smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GMX said:

Hills are the Briggs & Stratton/Aston Martin of washing lines.

If it's got a wind up hoist: it's a VL138

I have a VL116 which I bought in 1986, I had to restring once in 2013, when the inner core failed

In Ford Focus terms mine is the Zetec S, whereas you appear to have the Titanium (VL138) or the ST (VL140)

The most desirable model in Hills washing lines is the VL152

Yes it has a wind up handle, so I presume it is the VL138.  I never imagined that you could tell the make and model of a whirly from a picture which didn't even show it in detail!!  That is interesting though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like having finished the preparation of the broccoli bed and the summer carrot/beetroot bed:smile:

I also like that Brandy's nose wound is healing:smile:

Give the hydrangea a top dressing of fish blood and bone, a couple of handfuls raked in.  The roses too, when they've finished flowering:smile:

The roses have been given some Rose fertiliser that apparently last's all season, we shall see if it does the trick though.  The hydrangea, had a bit of compost to help it along a few weeks ago but I'm unsure on whether to prune the old dead bits of it, as some Hydrangeas you can't prune.  What do you suggest?  Also can I still put the blood meal on the roses & hydrangea as well as what I've already put on?

• Like 1

I do like seeing the first courgettes forming on the "Midnight" bush, should be about a week until they're harvestable:smile:

@jmurray01 What's the pink wheelie bin for? 

We've got the black (non-recyclable), the blue (recyclable), the green (garden and carboard) and the brown (food waste and garden in bournemouth) down here but I've never seen a pink one

4 hours ago, Preecematt said:

The roses have been given some Rose fertiliser that apparently last's all season, we shall see if it does the trick though.  The hydrangea, had a bit of compost to help it along a few weeks ago but I'm unsure on whether to prune the old dead bits of it, as some Hydrangeas you can't prune.  What do you suggest?  Also can I still put the blood meal on the roses & hydrangea as well as what I've already put on?

That'll be slow release rose fertiliser, what's it's NPK values?

What type of hydrangea do you have? Mophead, lacetop or the climber?

It's a bit late to prune hydrangeas, it's usually done (if you're going to do it) just after bud burst, late March-early April, but unless they've got really leggy they don't really need it. 

The hydrangea will benefit from some fish blood and bone top dressing, the roses won't need it until the winter

27 minutes ago, GMX said:

@jmurray01 What's the pink wheelie bin for? 

We've got the black (non-recyclable), the blue (recyclable), the green (garden and carboard) and the brown (food waste and garden in bournemouth) down here but I've never seen a pink one

The pink one is for plastic bottles, blue is for paper/cardboard, black is regular refuse, green is garden waste and the orange box (not pictured) is for glass. 

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

The pink one is for plastic bottles, blue is for paper/cardboard, black is regular refuse, green is garden waste and the orange box (not pictured) is for glass. 

Moray council seem a bit more organised wheelie bin wise

Our blue one has all the recycling in it, with the option of putting excess cardboard with the garden waste.

All my garden waste and most of my cardboard/paper goes in my composter, so I opted out of having the green bin, which is chargeable down here (£37.55 per year per bin),

8 hours ago, GMX said:

Moray council seem a bit more organised wheelie bin wise

Our blue one has all the recycling in it, with the option of putting excess cardboard with the garden waste.

All my garden waste and most of my cardboard/paper goes in my composter, so I opted out of having the green bin, which is chargeable down here (£37.55 per year per bin),

It's the ONLY thing they are organised with, trust me... :unsure:

• Like 1

On 30/05/2016 at 1:11 PM, GMX said:

Brandy has found the removing the Tesco Finest tomato soup pot from the bin to lick the remnants at the bottom can cause nose staining :lol:

soup nose.jpg

.....socks and sandals??:wacko:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club