Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 minutes ago, Ianb said:

.....socks and sandals??:wacko:

That's my Mum standing behind Brandy

• Like 1

I didn't think it was you, but that's ok then - I think parents are allowed to wear them....especially in public...

• Like 2

Both my parents have long history of socks and sandals in public.

My late Dad often favoured a stripey sporting sock in with a brown sandal; whereas my Mum prefers a plain grey pair

I do like having what was pretty much my final driving lesson.  Instructor advised that there is no more scope for learning, and that I'm ready for my test in August.  The only thing I need to get better at is parallel parking in the 405, which he will go over with me nearer the time. 

• Like 3

The 405 should be pretty easy to parallel park with it's flat sides and low window ledges. :smile: As much as I like modern cars, the lack of visibility, larger width, high window ledges and (on the Focus at least) the rounded body shape all make it considerably more difficult to get into tight spaces without kerbing the wheels and without being a foot from the kerb.  Electric mirrors help but I still favour opening the door or window to look outside.   Quite often its more luck than judgement that I don't touch other cars lol, but then I do like to squeeze into spaces that other people won't attempt if it means I get closer to where I want to be! 

I do like having a giggle this morning...after buying many parts for French cars over the years and all from the UK...  It seems the wishbone I ordered for the Fiesta is coming from France!! :laugh: 

16 hours ago, GMX said:

I do like seeing the first courgettes forming on the "Midnight" bush, should be about a week until they're harvestable:smile:

@jmurray01 What's the pink wheelie bin for? 

We've got the black (non-recyclable), the blue (recyclable), the green (garden and carboard) and the brown (food waste and garden in bournemouth) down here but I've never seen a pink one

That'll be slow release rose fertiliser, what's it's NPK values?

What type of hydrangea do you have? Mophead, lacetop or the climber?

It's a bit late to prune hydrangeas, it's usually done (if you're going to do it) just after bud burst, late March-early April, but unless they've got really leggy they don't really need it. 

The hydrangea will benefit from some fish blood and bone top dressing, the roses won't need it until the winter

The Hydrangea is a mophead one & the NPK are/is 15-11-15.  Would I be able to get the fish meal from anywhere eg.  B7Q/Homebase?  Ahh you see I always thought you pruned them at the end of season, if you have the type that you can prune.  Roses obviously get pruned as & when

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like having what was pretty much my final driving lesson.  Instructor advised that there is no more scope for learning, and that I'm ready for my test in August.  The only thing I need to get better at is parallel parking in the 405, which he will go over with me nearer the time. 

Parallel parking & me do not.  I repeat DO NOT go in the same sentence, I can reverse parallel park perfectly all day long but pulling in and parallel parking I genuinely struggle lol.  As long as you get plenty of on the road practice you'll fly through it.  

6 hours ago, GMX said:

Both my parents have long history of socks and sandals in public.

My late Dad often favoured a stripey sporting sock in with a brown sandal; whereas my Mum prefers a plain grey pair

I am a massive fan of colourful socks myself, I have socks ranging from batman ones, superman ones, to just stripey ones, v colourful, to less than v colourful. :D

30 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Parallel parking & me do not.  I repeat DO NOT go in the same sentence, I can reverse parallel park perfectly all day long but pulling in and parallel parking I genuinely struggle lol.  As long as you get plenty of on the road practice you'll fly through it.  

That's what I'm hoping!  I actually managed to parallel park perfectly (if I do say so myself) in the Hyundai this afternoon, into a very tight high street spot.  I dare say it was probably more of a fluke than skill though, especially in that car... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The 405 should be pretty easy to parallel park with it's flat sides and low window ledges. :smile: As much as I like modern cars, the lack of visibility, larger width, high window ledges and (on the Focus at least) the rounded body shape all make it considerably more difficult to get into tight spaces without kerbing the wheels and without being a foot from the kerb.  Electric mirrors help but I still favour opening the door or window to look outside.   Quite often its more luck than judgement that I don't touch other cars lol, but then I do like to squeeze into spaces that other people won't attempt if it means I get closer to where I want to be! 

I do like having a giggle this morning...after buying many parts for French cars over the years and all from the UK...  It seems the wishbone I ordered for the Fiesta is coming from France!! :laugh: 

You are right, most cars these days have doors that "bulge" outwards after the windows, and the windows themselves are smaller and higher.  The 405 should be good, and probably is but I just lack the necessary experience. 

Thats why my wife doesn't like the focus (the heathen), she feels that she's encased in it, she says the sides are quite high up when she's sitting in it, and she feels everything is a bit snug......

Obviously she cannot see the connection between this and the fact that I tell her it makes it safer as you're nicely nestled within the car and those 'big sides' happen to contain airbags which are idk, designed to save your life? ¬_¬

After a bit of van driving though, I've come to realise the mirrors on the focus are a bit **** - although I wouldn't want van sized mirrors on the focus either.....so who knows :lol:

33 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That's what I'm hoping!  I actually managed to parallel park perfectly (if I do say so myself) in the Hyundai this afternoon, into a very tight high street spot.  I dare say it was probably more of a fluke than skill though, especially in that car... 

I do what dad does, go up the curb & drop it down but I still can't park lol.  This is a big like from me, the Focus passed it's MOT with no Advisories WOHOOOO.  I don't know what I Was expecting for a 61 plate but hey ho

20 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

I do what dad does, go up the curb & drop it down but I still can't park lol.  This is a big like from me, the Focus passed it's MOT with no Advisories WOHOOOO.  I don't know what I Was expecting for a 61 plate but hey ho

That's great.  Being a Ford it could have easily been a Fred Flintstone car by now, so you're lucky :laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That's great.  Being a Ford it could have easily been a Fred Flintstone car by now, so you're lucky :laugh:

It's already rotting around the fuel cap & the sills could be better hahahaha

Just now, Preecematt said:

It's already rotting around the fuel cap & the sills could be better hahahaha

Yep - it's a true Ford, that's for sure.

I do like finding some new chill tracks this week from 'Kungs' after never hearing of them before this week lol.

Chilled for once lol. :biggrin: 

When we answer a question, and the questioner responds with some feedback, and hopefully a little Thank You:smile:

I don't really mind if the feedback is that the answer was wrong, like: It wasn't xxx, is was actually yyy, at least that way I learn something.

If it all goes dead, you can't tell if anyone was listening or not!

But it is great when we can help solve some nasty little (or big) problem.:biggrin:

• Like 3

good luck with that! lol quite a high percentage dont reply with a thankyou or reply with what solution ended being.

• Like 4

I do like our local fruit farm is opening up on Saturday.  Get to go Strawberry picking & they are lush, also my manager is supposed to be sorting out his hives this weekend so hopefully we'll have some fresh honey as well.  Fresh Honey & Fresh Strawberries are an amazing combination

I do like a nice 50 mile cruise in the Hyundai through the Aberdeenshire/Moray country-side.  Yes it used about £20 worth of petrol and a 3 mile drive to the nearest Tesco would have sufficed, but driving is the only thing that fully relieves me of my worries and stress, so it was worth it.

• Like 1

I like a bottle or 2 of Newcastle Brown Ale of an evening.

Brandy and I had her long weekend stroll in both alternating heavy rain and sunny periods

Upon returning, I do like, in between more showers and failed attempts to mow the lawn, to have finally planted out the broccoli:smile:

Hopefully, the pigeons can't undo the drawing pins:mellow: that are keeping the horticultural mesh attached to the frame, keeping them and the cabbage butterflies off the brassicas.:smile:

On 08/06/2016 at 5:16 PM, Preecematt said:

The Hydrangea is a mophead one & the NPK are/is 15-11-15.  Would I be able to get the fish meal from anywhere eg.  B7Q/Homebase?  Ahh you see I always thought you pruned them at the end of season, if you have the type that you can prune.  Roses obviously get pruned as & when

Does yours flower on old wood or on new wood?

If it's old wood, prune after the flowers have faded

For those that flower on new wood, prune in late winter/early spring

That's a good balanced fertiliser for the roses:smile:

I get my fish blood and bone in 25Kg sacks from a horticultural wholesaler, however that might be a bit too much to buy for a few roses and a hydrangea.

B&Q have several pack sizes

http://www.diy.com/search/results/?question=fish+blood+and+bone

Homebase have two

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/searchterm/fish blood bone

Tesco have just one offering

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=264294834

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Brandy and I had her long weekend stroll in both alternating heavy rain and sunny periods

Upon returning, I do like, in between more showers and failed attempts to mow the lawn, to have finally planted out the broccoli:smile:

Hopefully, the pigeons can't undo the drawing pins:mellow: that are keeping the horticultural mesh attached to the frame, keeping them and the cabbage butterflies off the brassicas.:smile:

Does yours flower on old wood or on new wood?

If it's old wood, prune after the flowers have faded

For those that flower on new wood, prune in late winter/early spring

That's a good balanced fertiliser for the roses:smile:

I get my fish blood and bone in 25Kg sacks from a horticultural wholesaler, however that might be a bit too much to buy for a few roses and a hydrangea.

B&Q have several pack sizes

http://www.diy.com/search/results/?question=fish+blood+and+bone

Homebase have two

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/searchterm/fish blood bone

Tesco have just one offering

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=264294834

New as last years old petals & twigs are still there & the new one's are just growing past them, it's already taller than last year & JUST starting to get loads of little buds.  Roses are absolutely flying & the dark red one is looking beautiful.  I'll see If I can attach a few pictures

As hard as it is for me to "like" this, it is actually pretty good under the circumstances...2016-06-12 (1).png

For a 20 year old car with a 1.9 litre engine (albeit only 92BHP!) and a 20 year old new driver, that's not bad.  It is also from a reputable insurer (Direct Line) and not one of those insurers that come up on comparison sites whom nobody has heard of. 

I did do some checks on said comparison websites too, and surprisingly (or perhaps not) DL is actually CHEAPER than the cheapest on the comparisons.  Just shows that going direct (pardon the pun) pays off. 

Lets just hope it stays roughly the same in August when I have passed (hopefully...) and can go ahead and purchase it.

There are a lot of people I know who simply go to a comparison site and think "that's the best deal I'll get", which is wrong and could end up with you being insured by a two-bit company and paying a higher price!

I seem to remember that my 1st insurance premium, when I was 18, was about £35. :tongue:

I do not expect the Like button for this, if there was a Hate button, perhaps that would be more likely!

Mind you, the year was about !Censored! (pre 1980 let's say), and the car was a Hillman Imp, BHP varying from about 50 smile.pngdown to 0 :sad:(when it was broken, which was most of the time).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club