Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Booking a BnB in the lakes a couple of months ago only to find on arrival Status Quo playing their one and only Lakes concert. 10cc on tomorrow. Nice suprise.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Booking a BnB in the lakes a couple of months ago only to find on arrival Status Quo playing their one and only Lakes concert. 10cc on tomorrow. Nice suprise.

Interested to see what you think of the sound quality at the Gig mate,

A now retired work mate of mine went to a final tour and left it after an hour having been very disappointed with the sound and to this day gets very angry when mentioned.

not by any means trying to put a dampener on it mate just interested to know. 

Since I was only in a T shirt and it got too cold for me. Only watched them for about 45 mins from outside the perimeter fence making it roughly a few hud red feet away. Outside gig and sound was really good. Wish I wore a jacket. Even Francis Rossi was cold. He said he had a T shirt 2 jumpers and a jacket and 2 pairs of socks. Even his guitar strings suffered as he snapped 'em at least once . Making sure I'm wearing a jacket tomorrow lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

Since I was only in a T shirt and it got too cold for me. Only watched them for about 45 mins from outside the perimeter fence making it roughly a few hud red feet away. Outside gig and sound was really good. Wish I wore a jacket. Even Francis Rossi was cold. He said he had a T shirt 2 jumpers and a jacket and 2 pairs of socks. Even his guitar strings suffered as he snapped 'em at least once . Making sure I'm wearing a jacket tomorrow lol.

Sounds great and good to hear my old workmate John's experience at there last Ireland gig was just an unfortunate one; shame about the cold too mate I was at a U2 tribute "Rattle & Hum" back in 2009 was on the beach in Bray sounded just like the U2 360 tour and was free to the public,

Place was electric but the sharp cold breeze rolling in from the Sea for me was unbearable after around 40 minutes aswell, didn't really affect the band as they were in a 40ft curtain sider truck with there back to the sea, 

There's three pubs along the promenade then facing the sea where they were situated.

large open grass area between both then for croud to gather, I suppose beer gardens were coverd with patio heaters but I was working the Saturday morning 😣

• Like 1

IT's only taken about a year but I've finally sorted 2/3's of the borders out at the back garden & moved the gravel from where my shed will be to the borders, it's taken 4 wheelbarrows of gravel so far to do just the one border & I've got plenty remaining.  Also we built Amelia a swing on the pear tree out of bale string & an old broom stick it's been pretty quite in the house since lol.  We've also drawn up plans to build a wendy house around said pear tree with a swing/slide coming off the wendy house.  Whether this will get done remains to be seen as I've also drawn up plans for my shed..... 12 months ago

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

IMG_20160528_125752_zpswzv1e8wn_edit_146

I see where they are coming from, and it is quite amusing in a way, but personally I would move it from this thread to the "things I don't like" thread!

It does slightly reduce my level of gruntle.

I do like the headline price of £47.50, not too bad by garage standards, & much better than most Fraud Stealers.

But it does imply a "we know better than you" & "don't interfere" attitudesad.png

I have witnessed some appalling things carried out in garage workshops:

My coolant emptied into a dirty sump oil tray, mechanic went out the back, returned with a grubby jug, and re-filled the system with a nasty, gunky oily mess.

At a place mainly doing tyres and exhausts, a Merc. with engine CH off, and piles of bits inc. the head, left on the floor by the car, getting damaged & covered in dirt.

And lots of cases where stuff has been left off, or not put back properly.

There are undoubtedly some good garages which give delicate engine inards the care & attention they deserve, but too many do not.

I like garages that offer a viewing area, like some restaurants have a visible kitchen. Tougher for the mechanics or cooks, no doubt, but it implies a level of care & competence.

Talking about a "don't interfere" attitude, that is what the banks were saying to the UK & US governments in 2006/2007, just before they brought the world to the brink of shattering economic ruin through their incompetence. Not much to do with the subject, I know, but it was a pretty extreme case that I can't resist pointing out!

I must stop now before I am accused of Ranting! Or is it too late for that?

• Like 1

I do like I that by yesterday evening, it finally remained dry enough, for the sward to dry out, so I could mow the lawns:smile::smile:

Athough you can cut wet grass, it can lead to "brown-tipping", which make it look worse that if you've otherwise left it.

Slight dilemma as to what height to cut it to, it had missed two weekly mowings, on account of the rain:mellow: If more than 50% is removed the grass gets stunted and won't recover properly for around a month.  But if it's cut to more than 50mm, the grass plants become weak and less vigorous.:unsure:

At this time of the year, I would normally be cutting at 30-35mm on a weekly basis.  Having measured some of the more lengthy clumps (80-100mm) and then measured the vast majority clumps (75-85mm).  I decided a 40mm cut would be a good compromise, without stressing the grass.

There were surprisingly few widows and orphans:ohmy:

3 hours ago, Preecematt said:

We've also drawn up plans to build a wendy house

I've always wondered what wendy houses were called before JM Barrie wrote Peter Pan:unsure:

I do like driving for the first time yesterday! :biggrin:

Did about 10 miles and got up to speeds of about 45mph and 5th gear. I'm not yet used to the Focus' gearbox, as I managed to put it in 2nd instead of 4th...only noticed when I saw the revs at 4500RPM! :laugh: Can't hear the engine at all!

Drove 3 miles this morning to school as well, and managed a bay park! I love my little car! :wub:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I do like driving for the first time yesterday! :biggrin:

Did about 10 miles and got up to speeds of about 45mph and 5th gear. I'm not yet used to the Focus' gearbox, as I managed to put it in 2nd instead of 4th...only noticed when I saw the revs at 4500RPM! :laugh: Can't hear the engine at all!

Drove 3 miles this morning to school as well, and managed a bay park! I love my little car! :wub:

Glad to hear it Chris.  I can understand what you mean about the gearbox, as I was the same with my instructor's Audi.  For me, it is just being a modern gearbox, where you can shift into any gear without resistance and the engine is almost silent until you're almost at redline.  It results in a smooth and pleasant drive, but makes mistakes like 2nd instead of 4th quite easy.

With an older car, you know if you've gone into the wrong gear because it will either scream, grind, or throw you through the windscreen! :laugh:

I don't know about you, but since driving I now feel much better when I arrive at my destination, knowing that I got myself there.  Gives you a greater feeling of confidence and self-respect, I think.

Do you still have your theory test booked?  I recall you saying it was for the 27th or something like that. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, jmurray01 said:

I do like having what was pretty much my final driving lesson.  Instructor advised that there is no more scope for learning, and that I'm ready for my test in August.  The only thing I need to get better at is parallel parking in the 405, which he will go over with me nearer the time. 

I'm struggling to agree that your Instructor states there's no more scope for learning - I've been driving safely for 38 years & am still learning something new every time I drive . . . Driving should be regarded as a life skill where learning never stops i.m.o.

• Like 1

@chrisroberson99

To improve the correct gear selection cup your hand around the gear lever for more precision.

When is your driving test ?

2 minutes ago, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

I'm struggling to agree that your Instructor states there's no more scope for learning - I've been driving safely for 38 years & am still learning something new every time I drive . . . Driving should be regarded as a life skill where learning never stops i.m.o.

That's my poor wording Mark, what he meant was that more lessons before my test wouldn't benefit me as I'm driving every day in my own car and covering all the "subjects" in real life, such as parking, maneuvering etc...  All he could do would be go over all those things repeatedly or have me drive around for an hour (costing me £30) which I do in my own car for 3 hours each day anyway.

Hopefully that clears it up!

• Like 1

I like that even on holiday I upheld the Ford ethos :cool: -

Holitowel.jpg

• Like 3

I do like walking in the rain with Brandy, it has a refreshing pleasantness about it, during the warm June rain:smile:

Being wheelie bin day, it was walking between bins, stopping and sniffing each and every bin rather than a straightforward morning stroll.

@MONDEO TXS 2.2 Welcome back Mark:smile: How was the motorhome european trip?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like walking in the rain with Brandy, it has a refreshing pleasantness about it, during the warm June rain:smile:

Being wheelie bin day, it was walking between bins, stopping and sniffing each and every bin rather than a straightforward morning stroll.

@MONDEO TXS 2.2 Welcome back Mark:smile: How was the motorhome european trip?

Thank you Ghana.

The trip was mainly unplanned in it's duration & all the more exciting / adventurous / interesting for it.

Suffice to say we are hooked on this method of travel, but won't be giving up on Hotel holidays anytime soon either !

I suppose the real beauty of it is the fact that you can more or less go anywhere you choose & stay as long as you like completely at will.

Twas great fun & we'd recommend a Motorhome to anyone who has the time to use one.

• Like 1

Spending the day yesterday kayaking with the wife and pret! Weather was abysmal but we had good gear on! Great fun!

• Like 1

Correcting quote made this entry redundant. Oops!

Pressed the wrong button at the wrong time. Brain malfuntionoioio........Clunk

Edited by Tdci-Peter
Add note
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, GMX said:

Being wheelie bin day, it was walking between bins, stopping and sniffing each and every bin

Sounds like the day had a refreshing(?) pleasantness to Brandy too. Lots of smelly rubbish bins. Yum.biggrin.png

2 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Sounds like the day had a refreshing(?) pleasantness to Brandy too. Lots of smelly rubbish bins. Yum.biggrin.png

@GMX originally said that  . .  twas not I M'lud  . :smile:

I do like the rain has abated for the moment, it might dry out enough outside to do something shortly:smile:

To prevent the imminent onset of a sock crisis, I have bought all the sodden socks inside. Then using a combination of 2400mm, 1200mme canes, some uPVC guttering, cable ties and baling twine have created a makeshift sock drier, suspended over, and draining into the bath. :smile: Although it is now quite awkward to get into the bathroom:ohmy:

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Spending the day yesterday kayaking with the wife and pret! Weather was abysmal but we had good gear on! Great fun!

That's one thing I've never done with Brandy, I wonder what she'd make of it:unsure:

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Correcting quote made this entry redundant. Oops!

Pressed the wrong button at the wrong time. Brain malfuntionoioio........Clunk

Not unlike on ebay  when hitting the comma instead of the full stop and then finding your proxy is for £18,110 and not the £18.11 you intended:mellow:

2 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Brandy likes concentrate the sniffing around wheels.  This week there is only one morning of wheelie bin sniffing. Next week, there three separate mornings of wheelie bins to be sniffed, which occurs every other week

General refuse on Mondays, recycling on Tuesdays and garden waste (for those who don't compost) on Wednesdays.  Although if we cross into Corfe Mullen/East Dorset, Brandy can sniff their bins on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. 

2 hours ago, GMX said:

finding your proxy is for £18,110

Think I have re-booted my brain now, though probably won't be long before the next system crash. Can you get a replacement off eBay?

Hope you did not end up with a big bill. It must have been quite exciting, in an rather unpleasant sort of way. Watching the bidding, going up and up egged on by your bids. Worse if someone else made the same error on the same auction! I don't recall an easy way to withdraw a bid. The seller would laugh.png.

Hmm, that little yellow head can get irritating. Might have to edit him out. Hope you enjoy your next exploration of the local Wheelie bins.

Edited by Tdci-Peter
It did!

Firstly I want to apologise for swearing.  But as some of you may know & to your disdain I have a Vauxhall Vectra as a thing to buy & sell on.  Well I decided I'd do a bit of a stage 1 detail with the DA tonight & I've only done the wing but Jesus wept.  It's took out loads of the swirl marks & it's massively reduced a RDS/RIDS.  It's made a massive difference to the clarity of the paint work as well.  So overall my like is my machine polishing combo of Hex logic Orange pad & Poorboys ssr 2.5 & my DA(can't remember the name).  This post might not make much sense but polishing the wing has really made my night/day lol.  I will try & upload a few pics in the detailing section & I'd also like to know peoples thoughts on me doing a project thread, not on the Vectra specifically but on my buying & selling of cars & what I've done to them inbetween selling them.

1 minute ago, Preecematt said:

Firstly I want to apologise for swearing.  But as some of you may know & to your disdain I have a Vauxhall Vectra as a thing to buy & sell on.  Well I decided I'd do a bit of a stage 1 detail with the DA tonight & I've only done the wing but Jesus wept.  It's took out loads of the swirl marks & it's massively reduced a RDS/RIDS.  It's made a massive difference to the clarity of the paint work as well.  So overall my like is my machine polishing combo of Hex logic Orange pad & Poorboys ssr 2.5 & my DA(can't remember the name).  This post might not make much sense but polishing the wing has really made my night/day lol.  I will try & upload a few pics in the detailing section & I'd also like to know peoples thoughts on me doing a project thread, not on the Vectra specifically but on my buying & selling of cars & what I've done to them inbetween selling them.

As long as you can make a good profit on it, then you have every right to be happy!  If you start to like the car though, well, I won't say what the repercussions would be...

• Like 1

Just now, jmurray01 said:

As long as you can make a good profit on it, then you have every right to be happy!  If you start to like the car though, well, I won't say what the repercussions would be...

I don't like the car, infact I hate the car lol.  I love the colour though, however I am biased as blue is my favourite colour.  I've often thought about setting up my own detailing business but never really had the confidence, however if I Can turn the paint around on this shed then it may just provide the boost I need.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club