Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Just now, Preecematt said:

I don't like the car, infact I hate the car lol.  I love the colour though, however I am biased as blue is my favourite colour.  I've often thought about setting up my own detailing business but never really had the confidence, however if I Can turn the paint around on this shed then it may just provide the boost I need.  

I used to run my own car valeting business, and with the right skills you could make good money from it.  Needless to say I lacked the skills and made very little!

Go for it, if you can.

Just now, jmurray01 said:

I used to run my own car valeting business, and with the right skills you could make good money from it.  Needless to say I lacked the skills and made very little!

Go for it, if you can.

Thanks, I think I have the right skills.  My only concern is the risk associated with starting up, I don't think I'd have a problem getting my name about & I wouldn't overprice to much, I'd rather get the footfall & the reputation.

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 8:07 AM, MONDEO TXS 2.2 said:

@chrisroberson99

To improve the correct gear selection cup your hand around the gear lever for more precision.

When is your driving test ?

Thanks I'll give that a try!

My first lesson is next Monday the 27th and my theory is on the 29th. 

• Like 2

On 20/06/2016 at 9:16 PM, Preecematt said:

Thanks, I think I have the right skills.  My only concern is the risk associated with starting up, I don't think I'd have a problem getting my name about & I wouldn't overprice to much, I'd rather get the footfall & the reputation.

Well, depending on what happens with your job you could always try it and if it doesn't work out, go for something else.  Worth a try though or else you'll never know.  At least if you try something and it fails, you can move on.  If you don't try, then you will always be wondering "what if?".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Well, depending on what happens with your job you could always try it and if it doesn't work out, go for something else.  Worth a try though or else you'll never know.  At least if you try something and it fails, you can move on.  If you don't try, then you will always be wondering "what if?".

To be fair I've had a few things and they've been 'what if'.  I've gone ahead and done them & not worried about them since.  Bit of a difference with a business lol

1 hour ago, Preecematt said:

To be fair I've had a few things and they've been 'what if'.  I've gone ahead and done them & not worried about them since.  Bit of a difference with a business lol

True.  See what happens then, but if you find that you have some time on your hands (less hours at work etc...) then you could always test the waters and try it part-time.

I do like the coconuts I've got this week are a lot fresher than last weeks:smile:

Almost a mug full of coconut water in each nut: last week's nuts had scarcely a tablespoon between them:mellow:

33 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like the coconuts I've got this week are a lot fresher than last weeks:smile:

Almost a mug full of coconut water in each nut: last week's nuts had scarcely a tablespoon between them:mellow:

I hate to sound stupid, but what do you do with the coconut water?  Drink it? 

They aren't something I've ever bought before to be honest.

14 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I hate to sound stupid, but what do you do with the coconut water?  Drink it? 

They aren't something I've ever bought before to be honest.

I drink it,

It has a mild coconut flavour

2 minutes ago, GMX said:

I drink it,

It has a mild coconut flavour

I'll have to try that.  I do like coconut, just never had the actual water from one.

To check you've got a freshest one in the supermarket, pick it up and shake it close to your ear, you will hear the the water will sloshing about.  The more sloshing: the greater the water and the fresher the nut:smile:

They are 80p each at Tesco, I assume that's a national price

I do like: I just found my camera case, that I lost about a week ago.

I like not so much: It was in the compost heap, after a week of rain. Bit yukkywacko.png. Hope it will dry out!

I do like: Finally mowed the lawn. It was about Lions & Tigers length in places. But I do not think it is up to Ghana's standards, cut well over 50% off in places. I expect the tips will brown, but at least it is back under some sort of control.

I like not so much: Getting attacked by hungry, biting Horsefliesohmy.png. First I have seen this year.

I do like: Lots of bees in the bushes out the front. Bumble, Honey & other wild ones. I had loads last year, very pleased to see them back.smile.png

41 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I do like: I just found my camera case, that I lost about a week ago.

I like not so much: It was in the compost heap, after a week of rain. Bit yukkywacko.png. Hope it will dry out!

I do like: Finally mowed the lawn. It was about Lions & Tigers length in places. But I do not think it is up to Ghana's standards, cut well over 50% off in places. I expect the tips will brown, but at least it is back under some sort of control.

I like not so much: Getting attacked by hungry, biting Horsefliesohmy.png. First I have seen this year.

I do like: Lots of bees in the bushes out the front. Bumble, Honey & other wild ones. I had loads last year, very pleased to see them back.smile.png

How did your camera case end up in the compost heap?  Were you filming the 5-stages of compost-making?

It was through a particularly nasty horsefly bite that my Dad met my Mum.:laugh:

My neighbour's daughter is counting bees this week in Sussex, in her role as summer research assistant, for one of her professors at Exeter University. I'm not entirely sure how she does that, how will she know she hasn't counted the same bee twice. :laugh: You can't exactly get them to stand still in orderly lines to be counted:unsure:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GMX said:

How did your camera case end up in the compost heap?  Were you filming the 5-stages of compost-making?

It was through a particularly nasty horsefly bite that my Dad met my Mum

The worrying thing is I have no idea how the case got in the compost. I recall using the camera in the garden, but did not think it was near the compost. But ... ahh ... was it when I photographed the sprouts that had evolved into potatoes? That is near the compost. So then I can (try to) blame you, Ghanalaugh.png!

If one of the 5 stages of compost making involves ants, then my heap should go really well. Though they are now buried under a load of wet grass, poor things. But I expect they will survive.

My imagination is doing a good job of coming up with all sorts of interesting scenarios involving a young man & a young woman (destined to be married), and a Horsefly. Hmm. :ohmy:...->...:smile:. But it looks like it ended well for them.

• Like 1

Ants seem to like compost heaps and bins for the warmth the decomposition brings.:smile:

Last time I emptied my tumbler into the compost maturing bin, i came across quite a sizable nest.  The resident robins and blackbirds were quite pleased to avail themselves of all the exposed tasty ant eggs:smile:: the ants were less so:ohmy:

The horsefly was really the facilitator of their meeting. 

My Dad was a in the Royal Engineers, stationed on Malta at the time.  He got bitten by a horsefly when out on a exercise.  Within a short while  the bite had turned septic and then he got a fever and was subsequently bedridden and hospitalised.  After he'd been treated, the MO gave him a fortnight off to recuperate and suggested he returned to England

However, he had planning to take some leave with some of mates and walk around Scotland.  So his mates took some leave and he had his sick/recuperation plus some leave, walking every day and staying at various inns and taverns at night.

It so happened that my Mum and my Aunt had gone to Dunoon for a day or two, on a coachtrip.  The very same week my Dad and his mates were walking through Argyll.  They ended up staying in the same pub as my Mum and Aunt, they met and so began their romance. Which lasted up until my Dad's passing in 2014

• Like 1

Brandy's morning stroll was delayed and combined with the phenomena known as "dogs at polling stations".:smile: 

When dogs who don't necessarily know each other can engage in idle dog chat, the sniffing of bottoms and bits and dog play. Whilst their humans take turns to stand with them, swap roles with other their other, and then go and and vote. I was joined by my neighbour with petrol Mk2 Focus as I lack a Mrs GMX at this time, for standing with Brandy

None of the dogs we usually encounter on her local strolls were there:sad: A black labrador puppy who uses the dog bowl at the end of my drive was there, but apart from looking at each other through the gate, Brandy doesn't really know him, he's a familiar stranger:mellow:

Brandy found herself not only the oldest dog in the group but the only female, thus everybody wanted to eagerly explore her rear end with his nose:laugh:

She seemed to let each of the boys sniff her in reverse order (of size) but with increasing time and more reciprocal sniffing and licking: like in order of Brandy's personal preference of men. Starting off with the dachshund puppy, then black labrador puppy, a springer spaniel (with the same colouring as her dog Dad), the fully grown chocolate labrador (who was constantly wagging) and finally the malinous. Whose ears, his nose and then his entire head she licked back, essentially giving him a head bath :laugh: 

His female human remarking "he doesn't usually let other dogs do that!":laugh:  "one brief sniff usually and then he's Mr Grumpy Growler!" and " she's very active for 15 year old!!" upon enquiring Brandy's age:smile:

I do like the tiredness of staying up mostly all night being worthwhile!  Unlike the Independence Referendum which was a complete waste of time. 

I do like the tiredness of staying up mostly all night being worthwhile!  Unlike the Independence Referendum which was a complete waste of time. 

Oh really?

I do like the first roses of Summer. Always the biggest and showiest.smile.png

And perhaps a symbol of peace & hope on a rather divisive day?

ROSE.JPG

• Like 1

Our original family home the house my dad had built from a field up and i was born and reared in up to 16 years ago when sold,

was a pain cutting the grass on saturdays after a week at school but peaceful area lost of stories and genuine people,

Anyone like to give me 375k to buy it back 😅 fantastic memories my family sold it in 2001 and I personally live over 200km away now but i still feel a real special connection with the place weird feeling.

http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Rootate-Dundalk-Co-Louth/1226968/ 

• Like 1

Live scene from channel tunnel 😁

IMG_20160624_170241_zpsmmwehfsp.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ianb said:

Oh really?

Staying up being worthwhile?  Yes - to see us tell the EU to sod off.  Independence Referendum being a waste of time?  Yep, because we stayed with the UK - and the sad thing is that a lot of people voted to stay in the UK because we might have left the EU if Scotland became independent...  Well, now we've gone out of the EU whether we wanted to or not.  I think that's called karma.  If Scotland had gone independent, then we could have remained in the EU on our own (as Scotland as a majority voted to remain, but as always England overpowered our decision) or at least had a better chance than we do now!!

The good thing is that now there is one less reason for people to vote against Scottish Independence, so roll on another referendum!

• Like 1

I do like seeing the first tomatoes of the season forming:smile:tomato1.jpg

and the first courgettes of 2016

courgette.jpg

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Our original family home the house my dad had built from a field up and i was born and reared in up to 16 years ago when sold,

was a pain cutting the grass on saturdays after a week at school but peaceful area lost of stories and genuine people,

Anyone like to give me 375k to buy it back 😅 fantastic memories my family sold it in 2001 and I personally live over 200km away now but i still feel a real special connection with the place weird feeling.

http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/Rootate-Dundalk-Co-Louth/1226968/ 

That's a fine looking house your Dad built

Clearly Irish prices are a lot lower than I thought, you'd expect pay £3-5 million for that here, maybe more!

tomato2.jpg

tomato3.jpg

• Like 2

Although everything is late this year, apart from the gastropods getting another mating and procreating session in.  They've been at it non-stop since the winter wasn't cold enough to put them off

I do like that the blueberry bushes have made the most of the rain and have limbs laden with embryonic ever swelling blueberries

blueberry2.jpg

blueberry1.jpg

I do like coming home and having TWO DAYS OFF!  Plus Monday is pay-day (hence booking it off) so that'll be good too.  Going to enjoy a whisky tonight, relax tomorrow (because I'm skint) and then have a day out on Monday before back to work on Tuesday and then off again on Wednesday.

Should be a good week, for a change.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club