Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Coronavirus-A Light Hearted Thread

Turvey

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Both Wifey and I are heading out for our 5th night in a row with many more to come.
Wifey is having to take an enforced rest day every 6th shift due to working on a C19 red ward.
I am likely going to be constant duties in order to keep public order plans on track.
Our collective increased overtime wages will be well received but a bit hollow when we can't go anywhere to enjoy the fruits of our labours.
Was due a Cyprus holiday in May, 99% sure that it will be cancelled. emoji17.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

You guys do an amazing job :thumbsup:

I'm not holding our breath for our August holiday to Spain either...

• Like 2

You guys do an amazing job thumbsup.gif
Aw shucks [emoji847].
We do what we need to do for the greater good.
Dogs are happy, they love to work so are living the doggy dream.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Both Wifey and I are heading out for our 5th night in a row with many more to come.
Wifey is having to take an enforced rest day every 6th shift due to working on a C19 red ward.
I am likely going to be constant duties in order to keep public order plans on track.
Our collective increased overtime wages will be well received but a bit hollow when we can't go anywhere to enjoy the fruits of our labours.
Was due a Cyprus holiday in May, 99% sure that it will be cancelled. emoji17.png

Thank you for you and Mrs Stoney's service and dedication.

Stay safe over the next few weeks and months.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

You guys do an amazing job :thumbsup:

Yeah, we've got 3 gig trips booked for June and a Spain trip in October. I've written off the gig trips but fingers crossed for October, but if it doesn't happen then there's always next year........... hopefully🤞

• Like 1

There's always a choice of pitching a tent in a remote area of Dartmoor for a few days but Wifey would throw a cog if she couldn't plug in her hairdryer [emoji17]
She's not a practical or outdoorsy person like me.

19 hours ago, Turvey said:

Yeah, we've got 3 gig trips booked for June and a Spain trip in October. I've written off the gig trips but fingers crossed for October, but if it doesn't happen then there's always next year........... hopefully🤞

That's the first of the gigs cancelled, to be expected but still disappointing 😞

Screenshot_20200323-152038.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Did go out for a bit today after an awful weekend stuck in my flat scared to even open the door for the post with fairly constant 'bathroom issues' and the OCD going into overdrive!

Used a disposable glove to touch my exterior door handle and the communal door handles and didn't touch anything else public.  There were a couple of other cars in the car park but managed to socially distance between them....don't want anyone coughing on my door handles lol.

1683504384_IMG_20200323_1422527122.thumb.jpg.af2f6763d7bcdc7f35e0571ffa39dbef.jpg

And the beach was completely empty. :smile:  

IMG_20200323_142622434.thumb.jpg.ebf1d68871fa4ccb00161ea1b30ae181.jpg

Now having a shower, just in case! 

It's worth saying that this will go on for a while, and for those of us in flats, being stuck in one room for 12 weeks isn't healthy.  We all need to get out now and then, just be sensible about it. :smile:

• Like 3

Since this is the "not so serious thread"

Who's in favour of a United Ireland now then 😅

Can play ball outside all day and a few cans up on the rocks 

On a more serious side; 

I agree with lock down and I cant wait until Ireland does the same as I'm currently putting myself and family at risk daily having to go to work with a lottery of opinions of other people; some don't take it seriously atall having house parties and posting on social media about it, 

Then banning the guy from the workplace; whom comes in to stock the vending machine as they assume he is a threat 😂 he must party every night then where the other lad only mingles once a week with atleast 30 people in his house.

There are Unconfirmed rumours that the DFS sale has finally ended.....

• Haha 3

FFS, I need a new sofa too [emoji23]

9 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

FFS, I need a new sofa too emoji23.png

I have a set of focus seats might do until they reopen 

They recline and everything 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few that I've saved up6cc32ec6866652cf434a07064b33e9a6.jpg139a97d26bae006127cf5d51acaa55a4.jpg8267750c5f46d834b25da89f8777f504.jpg657ae8239d0f06a91b8821a1039b2578.jpgd5dd91d89420c63bfeddb1e559e6e082.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The last one there is very true 😅

Wifes on these mammy groups; the advice they offer is absolute scutter, 

• Like 1

Trying our best to follow the government advice but it's all a bit passive. Just wishing I could get out there and whack a Coronavirus with a baseball bat, or something!😀

You could whack trillions of them with a single hit...trouble is finding them first! :biggrin:

Today I've cleaned the inside of the washing machine door...now there's a task I don't think I've ever done before! :laugh:

Have also hoovered the cobwebs out of the Juliet balcony and cleaned the windows inside & out...  

Will be taking my singular state approved daily walk tomorrow at the quietest possible time!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You could whack trillions of them with a single hit...trouble is finding them first! :biggrin:

Today I've cleaned the inside of the washing machine door...now there's a task I don't think I've ever done before! :laugh:

Have also hoovered the cobwebs out of the Juliet balcony and cleaned the windows inside & out...  

Will be taking my singular state approved daily walk tomorrow at the quietest possible time!

I heard American are stocking up on ammunitions. I thought to myself are these Americans going to shoot in the air hoping to hit these viruses 😂

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jim H said:

Unfortunately this is untrue. They are still selling things at "half price" online.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 6:40 PM, TimST2 said:

My car's booked in with Ford for service and MOT in 10 days time... 🤞

Easy come, easy go...

TrustFord have shut up shop, so unless the government bring in an MOT extension I guess the ST wont be going anywhere for a while in a month's time.

7 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Easy come, easy go...

TrustFord have shut up shop, so unless the government bring in an MOT extension I guess the ST wont be going anywhere for a while in a month's time.

I would think that their service department remains open if any NHS vehicles need to get sorted, perhaps give them a call and find out?

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I would think that their service department remains open if any NHS vehicles need to get sorted, perhaps give them a call and find out?

Yes I think that's the case. I'm not a key worker though. We're fortunate to have another car that's just been MOT'd, but some people will only have one car and need to drive to get food...

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Easy come, easy go...

Just been announced...

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/351926/mot-tests-six-month-extension-granted-wake-coronavirus

Edited by alexp999
fixed link

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club