Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burn mark?

XanJB90

Hi everyone!

Hoping someone may have some advice although I'm not feeling too confident anything can be done about it.

I have a 2008 Mondeo in Panther Black which I picked up recently.

I'm not sure what the previous owner did to the rear drivers side door (Maybe watched a DIY YouTube video and used a heatgun or something?) but it has this mark I can only describe as a burn mark on it.

Tried some G3 scratch remover (very) optimistically hoping it would at least make it look a bit better but I can only imagine a respray or replacing the door might fix this.

Any suggestions on what I can do before I go down either of those routes?

20200408_152008.jpg

• 1 month later...

That's actually someones poor attempt at removing a scratch, they've broke through the top lacquer layer and destroyed the base layer, then either re-lacquered or just polished the area back up, you'll never get rid of this with any bottled products, so stop wasting your money & time, only fix is to respray the whole area.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club