Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 upgrade

F0CUE

On 5/9/2020 at 12:17 PM, WireyWhenWet said:

I'm in the middle of swapping out all my TPMS valves for new, it wouldn't surprise me if the tyres are all good but the valve seals have corroded; most tyre places can replace just the steam seals for you on the TPMS so it's really quite cheap that way. If not, you can do similar to me and just replace the valve assembly, parts are roughly £20/wheel but my local charges that to buy and fit so a bit of a no brainer.

Its really common on later Fords for the valves to get a bit corroded, if you have the metal stems and want to future proof a little, there are standard rubber ones which won't react quite so much.

HTH!

You were spot on. Took it into a tyre place and left it for an hour and came back to a bill for a new valve 😁

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

You were spot on. Took it into a tyre place and left it for an hour and came back to a bill for a new valve 😁

Good to know nothing major!

• Thanks 1

These arrived today 😁

Will get a pic when less light outside as camera not catching them. 

IMG_20200516_132459.jpg

• Like 1

So hard to get a pic these things are mental 😂 

received_2650299408573130.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You need to do the indicators, really lifts the look of the car.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

You need to do the indicators, really lifts the look of the car.

Will get there the orange bulbs in there look crap I did notice but love the led tail light strip though 

• Like 1

Was searching for drls and found the triangle ones you get only come with the slotted triangles. With having the Zetec s my thoughts were it's like a downgrade as the triangles are honeycomb. So my search to create my own came down to a pair of these Mercedes style L shaped drls. 

[IMG-20200522-235331.jpg

Pretty close apart from one bulb less plus black and silver so will look very close to OEM and you don't see much yellow or white like some. 

I taped around the triangles on car with electrical tape to save the paint and popped then off with a flat blunt butter knife as have no pry tools yet. 

Made a template of the drls to be bolted on and drilled the holes. 

IMG-20200524-120126.jpg

Bolted the drls on with the supplied fittings. 

IMG-20200524-124625.jpg

Then in the car I attached the drl controller black to minus, red to plus on the battery. This new drl controller requires you to add the blue wire to acc otherwise they don't come on so I tapped into ignition Live. 

IMG-20200524-164944.jpg

Then I tapped the white wire to the side light wire yellow/blue. 

IMG-20200524-144157.jpg

The outcome was not entirely perfect but it works and excuse the dirty car this wind is making lots of dust. 

IMG-20200524-165657.jpg

• Like 1

Do you get a torque mount compatible with these engines? All seems to be for ST or RS. 

2 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Nobody know? 

Do you mean the rear gearbox mount?  (Torque restrictor)

If so, don't get a petrol one, the diesel idle will shake your fillings out! :laugh:  Do they make a softer one for the diesel ST?  I'm pretty sure that uses the same gearbox as yours but will be corrected if I'm wrong lol.

Yeh cos a few times when I get a bit heavy footed you can feel the lift and bang 😂 can't be good for the tyres. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Yeh cos a few times when I get a bit heavy footed you can feel the lift and bang 😂 can't be good for the tyres. 

This is an issue across the Mk3s unfortunately, even the puny 1.6 TDCi would thump when changing gear a bit quickly!  I tried a genuine new mount but it was still too soft.  :sad: 

It's been a couple of years since I looked into it, but the mount from the Electric Focus was said to be much tougher, obviously due to the extra torque from an electric motor.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This is an issue across the Mk3s unfortunately, even the puny 1.6 TDCi would thump when changing gear a bit quickly!  I tried a genuine new mount but it was still too soft.  :sad: 

It's been a couple of years since I looked into it, but the mount from the Electric Focus was said to be much tougher, obviously due to the extra torque from an electric motor.

This one you mean? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312954795956

Hmm think ill just learn to be lighter footed then or deal with losing all my teeth 😂 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Any suggestions now that I can't drive anywhere to pick up parts 😂 

received_913388642506862.jpeg

She doesn't have one why are they made of brittle plastic crap? 

• Sad 1

I have ordered a replacement will have to wait now 😢 

• Sad 1

Well finally got the new filter housing top bolted on with a new fuel filter the guide I read Here is spot on apart from the final part where it says to pump out the air it didn't seem to work. The solution was to re-disconnect the fuel inlet tube and pump some fuel into the filter and the car fired up and is now working perfect. Next to do on my list is to add these which came today   

IMG_20200713_200043.jpg

Added the sequential indicators yesterday but my phone video is rubbish so can't get a decent show and at night the sidelights just blind out everything cos they are extreme. They are smoked so blend in nice with panther black and they were only £20 and fit perfect. 

• Like 1

Added the sequential indicators yesterday but my phone video is rubbish so can't get a decent show and at night the sidelights just blind out everything cos they are extreme. They are smoked so blend in nice with panther black and they were only £20 and fit perfect. 

Got the same for my ST, absolute game changer for the price. Love how some places are charging £80 for the exact same ones! I love eBay, had the eBay ones fitted for nearly a year now without any issues what so ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Got the same for my ST, absolute game changer for the price. Love how some places are charging £80 for the exact same ones! I love eBay, had the eBay ones fitted for nearly a year now without any issues what so ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Defo very happy with them didn't expect them to look and fit so well the caps are a pain to take off and put on though 😂 

• 4 weeks later...

Shark fin installed. Alignment was a 🐽 but looking great 👌

received_578417546160143.jpeg

What's the dab reception like with this and where did you get it please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club