Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the FordPass App just a trendy waste of time?

Linds

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Tyre pressures and oil life (21%) showing on Android. 

Wish id not bothered now as im concerned why oil life is only at 21% it was serviced in March at 7443 miles. Currently at 8226 miles. 

"Service" these days doesn't necessarily mean an oil change.  Weird con by Ford, service intervals are 2yr/18k but have no correlation with oil changes which are basically why you have service.

I got my auto focus in October 19 . Haven’t once had to get in a cold car since! No scraping windscreen either! Even the wipers know not to auto wipe when it’s frozen...5 mins max...great Feature. 

4 hours ago, Linds said:

In my car I am the Wi-fi hotspot with 100GB per month data

There’s no real reason not to have the app. The wifi on the other hand ..when I used my complimentary 100gb Vodafone wanted £100 for 100gb. I already have 60gb on my phone .   I reckon alerts like soft tyre are reason enough to get the app. Nothing to lose. 

*edit. Didn’t read that properly! You are the hotspot. Got you 

4 hours ago, simps100 said:

Just got a new auto focus and was wondering how this works for the climate settings - I saw there are 2 options on the car settings auto and last used, I assume last used simply sets the climate to what it was when I last used the car, but do you know how the auto works?

Its a shame no settings for the windscreen heaters etc but guess could come with an update.

Good question! I’ve yet to figure it out! Last winter I didn’t bother changing settings for the next morning. Remote start seemed to know to put heated windscreens on , blowers and heated seats. 

6 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

The Apple one seems to have way more features.

Android no longer has tyre pressures, or oil life, and it doesnt send alerts, unless I just haven't had any.

I really don't use it at all.  Used it once against the missus car to activate the connected features and that's all.

Maybe ford done a deal with Apple?

i think I read somewhere that BMW’s infotainment system these days isn’t compatible with android. 

I think the real trouble is modern cars bore me senseless.  I can't be bothered with yet another gimmick. Yes I like the reliability of a new car but to get the most comfortable one with auto and a decent engine means I also end up with loads of things I couldn't care less about.

For example, I wanted rear camera for a specific reason, work car park with low posts.  But I cant get just a rear camera.  I get park assist I'll never, ever use.

I know, first world problems. 😀

• Like 3

Did you update your ford app ? Then oil and tyre info weren’t there? 

31 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

first world problems. 😀

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Good question! I’ve yet to figure it out! Last winter I didn’t bother changing settings for the next morning. Remote start seemed to know to put heated windscreens on , blowers and heated seats. 

That’s good to know thanks! Wonder if on the hotter days it will turn on air-con etc - guess will get to test that one sooner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I think the real trouble is modern cars bore me senseless.  I can't be bothered with yet another gimmick. Yes I like the reliability of a new car but to get the most comfortable one with auto and a decent engine means I also end up with loads of things I couldn't care less about.

For example, I wanted rear camera for a specific reason, work car park with low posts.  But I cant get just a rear camera.  I get park assist I'll never, ever use.

I so agree!  I had to have  rear camera as I love the one on my current car but I can't see myself using park assist.

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I got my auto focus in October 19 . Haven’t once had to get in a cold car since! No scraping windscreen either! Even the wipers know not to auto wipe when it’s frozen...5 mins max...great Feature. 

Luvverly!  If I'd had an automatic I'd have definitely enjoyed that ... gets so cold here in the winter!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

So let's all revolt and just refuse to buy a new car unless they offer a gimmick free version!😃

• Haha 1

Trouble there is you end up in a Dacia.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Trouble there is you end up in a Dacia.

Ah.....!  Mind you, the Duster seems to be very popular in the Yorkshire Dales. The 4x4 version in particular seems to have caught on with people like vets who may once have bought an LR Freelander.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

"Service" these days doesn't necessarily mean an oil change.  Weird con by Ford, service intervals are 2yr/18k but have no correlation with oil changes which are basically why you have service.

Its a Diesel. 1yr or 10k whichever comes first which is normally the date. 

6 minutes ago, Wino said:

Its a Diesel. 1yr or 10k whichever comes first which is normally the date. 

If you're only doing short drives the oil life will be reduced by DPF regens.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ah.....!  Mind you, the Duster seems to be very popular in the Yorkshire Dales. The 4x4 version in particular seems to have caught on with people like vets who may once have bought an LR Freelander.

I tell you what, I have to take back my comment.

The top of the range Duster Prestige, with 4x4 and a semi-decent 150bhp engine, with rear camera, NAV, keyless entry, climate etc., is only £19,395.  

https://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/duster/configurator.html?conf=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.co.rplug.renault.com%2Fc%2FBABD2%2FA

That is amazing value for money and honestly the car looks quite nice.

Actually I'd have it in black, shoots the price up to a heady £19,995.    😀

• Like 2

21st Century Lada 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I tell you what, I have to take back my comment.

The top of the range Duster Prestige, with 4x4 and a semi-decent 150bhp engine, with rear camera, NAV, keyless entry, climate etc., is only £19,395.  

https://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/duster/configurator.html?conf=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.co.rplug.renault.com%2Fc%2FBABD2%2FA

That is amazing value for money and honestly the car looks quite nice.

Actually I'd have it in black, shoots the price up to a heady £19,995.    😀

That is surprisingly good value!  Just looked for a Sandero Prestige spec list but they don't make them. :sad:   

54 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

21st Century Lada 

Lol. I was amazed to find they still make them. Now owned by Renault (like Dacia) and sold in some European countries, but not here at present.

https://www.lada.ru/en/cars/vesta/sedan/about.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol. I was amazed to find they still make them. Now owned by Renault (like Dacia) and sold in some European countries, but not here at present.

https://www.lada.ru/en/cars/vesta/sedan/about.html

How much do I not want to own one of those 😆

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I like the winter comfort features (specially for Russian customers I imagine) including "frost proof door locks" and "snow does not get into the car when opening the door" - not sure how they manage the last one in a blizzard!  Big buttons that operate without taking off your gloves sounds an important feature over there, more reliable than a heated steering wheel?

image.thumb.png.b58c3f604fdd6e07429a61a0f4bffe20.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

The interior isn't bad tbf...  Is that a Fiesta steering wheel!? :laugh: 

Lada Vesta Cross

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

So let's all revolt and just refuse to buy a new car unless they offer a gimmick free version!😃

I'd go with that, or start with a low base price and a full menu of payable options.  There is some good stuff that is not available on the lower models but then you have to get all the stiff you don't want included with the higher spec ones. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

21st Century Lada 

Dacia Dusrter is WhatCar best family SUV 2020.  

I had always thought them to be cheap because they're utterly bog basic.  But now they're just cheap.

That Lada actually looks ok.  Remember it's not that long ago that people took the mick out of Skoda.

26 minutes ago, south_bound said:

I like the winter comfort features (specially for Russian customers I imagine) including "frost proof door locks" and "snow does not get into the car when opening the door" - not sure how they manage the last one in a blizzard!  Big buttons that operate without taking off your gloves sounds an important feature over there, more reliable than a heated steering wheel?

image.thumb.png.b58c3f604fdd6e07429a61a0f4bffe20.png

That’s certainly an interesting set of features to be advertising, but I agree it may be hard in a Siberian blizzard to stop snow getting in!

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The interior isn't bad tbf...  Is that a Fiesta steering wheel!? :laugh: 

Lada Vesta Cross

Certainly looks very similar, I’m sure they’re actually perfectly respectable these days, it’s just the connotations attached to the brand from the good old days of the USSR.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club