Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Update Mk8 2019

Mavroz

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Got home yesterday, after pulling onto the drive, was talking on the phone and the sync unit popped up with something along the lines of update complete or successful.. 

Don't know what this has updated as everything was installed a couple of months or so back.

Have to check later but had similar, I think it was newer build to sync 3.4.

4 hours ago, mitch84 said:

Have to check later but had similar, I think it was newer build to sync 3.4.

Sync 3.4 was installed via USB, maps f9 was via WiFi, so it must have been something different to either of these that downloaded yesterday. Wouldn't have a clue how to find out what it was.

• Like 1

I put my VIN into the Ford website and it came back with an update - Sync 3.2... Did it with a USB drive (no problem whatsoever) on a MacBook Pro using 3rd party unzipping software.  Uploading to the car toook about 25 minutes.

How come I cannot get 3.4??

Went out earlier today and the sync said it had successfully updated to 3.4.20136.

7 hours ago, Si-IOM said:

I put my VIN into the Ford website and it came back with an update - Sync 3.2... Did it with a USB drive (no problem whatsoever) on a MacBook Pro using 3rd party unzipping software.  Uploading to the car toook about 25 minutes.

How come I cannot get 3.4??

What year is your car? What spec is it? (Not sure this matters)

I think you can only go upto a certain Sync unless your car has the built in modem after a certain year.

2018. One of the first MK8 ST Line X models. 

My 2018 Fiesta Titanium has just been updated via USB to 3.0 Build 20204 which I think is as up to date as it gets officially for the early Sync3 cars. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Si-IOM said:

2018. One of the first MK8 ST Line X models. 

You will probably be as high as you can go now then with the Sync version you have. Later model is needed with built in modem to get the latest Sync updates as far as I am aware.

The mrs had a 2018 StLx before her latest hybrid and hers was updated as far as it could go due to this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mavroz said:

You will probably be as high as you can go now then with the Sync version you have. Later model is needed with built in modem to get the latest Sync updates as far as I am aware.

The mrs had a 2018 StLx before her latest hybrid and hers was updated as far as it could go due to this.

There are two branches of Sync 3.

The Sync 3.0 branch get's its own updates. It won't get the new UI, but it's still getting bug fixed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

There are two branches of Sync 3.

The Sync 3.0 branch get's its own updates. It won't get the new UI, but it's still getting bug fixed.

Is there any motion for the UI to be given to the branch I use?

Just now, Si-IOM said:

Is there any motion for the UI to be given to the branch I use?

Unlikely to get any official updates to the UI, only bug fixes.

3.0 uses a different partition format and is getting it's only incremental updates with the original UI.

23 hours ago, alexp999 said:

3.0 uses a different partition format and is getting it's only incremental updates with the original UI.

Thanks - So long as I can use Spotify from my iPhone, it's cool with me.

On 3/2/2021 at 12:32 PM, alexp999 said:

Alex, I have Sync 3.0 build 20204 and maps 6.1, and the maps update I get offered from Ford is only 8.something GB and fails after the first requested key cycle. Can I safely use the F9 file that you put up for download on the Focus thread? There's nothing vehicle type specific about it?

35 minutes ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Alex, I have Sync 3.0 build 20204 and maps 6.1, and the maps update I get offered from Ford is only 8.something GB and fails after the first requested key cycle. Can I safely use the F9 file that you put up for download on the Focus thread? There's nothing vehicle type specific about it?

The one I posted is for Sync 3.2-3.4 I think, it’s different than the one for 3.0

Ah, nuts! Ok, thanks. I think 3.0 20204 is as far as I can go (am I right in saying that?) ...so, does anyone happen to have the appropriate F9 file for that..? Or suggestions?!

On 3/1/2021 at 10:11 PM, Aldridge Andy said:

My 2018 Fiesta Titanium has just been updated via USB to 3.0 Build 20204 which I think is as up to date as it gets officially for the early Sync3 cars. 

Andy, what maps do you have? Our cars are the same, and I can't get past version 6.1.

Okay- according to Cyanlabs themselves, I CAN update past v3.0 build 20204, and thus do my maps as well.

4 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Andy, what maps do you have? Our cars are the same, and I can't get past version 6.1.

I’ve got F9 maps, if I remember correctly they were released in June or July 2020 and around 28Gb in size. 

How big is the zip file that you download from Ford?

It was only 8.GB, clearly not a full maps download. Though as of tonight the Ford update site now says I am all up to date..!

On 2/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, Si-IOM said:

Yeah, you know when it comes up and says 'Passenger door open' in the square, or the box with the belts connected?  It is a similar screen to that - 'Ford Key battery needs replacing soon'.

Yeah but yours says hello to the fairies when you go over the bridge 🙂 🙂

On 2/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, Si-IOM said:

Yeah, you know when it comes up and says 'Passenger door open' in the square, or the box with the belts connected?  It is a similar screen to that - 'Ford Key battery needs replacing soon'.

Yeah but yours says hello to the fairies when you go over the bridge 🙂 🙂

I've just successfully updated to 3.4 20351 and Maps F9, taking 55 minutes exactly, using the Cyanlabs method. Very pleased!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

I've just successfully updated to 3.4 20351 and Maps F9, taking 55 minutes exactly, using the Cyanlabs method. Very pleased!

Is there a route back to the official Ford version if required, or is it strictly one way? I’m guessing that you’re now reliant on Cyanlabs for map updates now? 

One way I think, but as Ford weren't offering me anything better and as official updates are so notoriously infrequent anyway, I'm really not concerned. Been trying it all out this PM and am very happy with how it is now.

18 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

One way I think, but as Ford weren't offering me anything better and as official updates are so notoriously infrequent anyway, I'm really not concerned. Been trying it all out this PM and am very happy with how it is now.

What is this Cynalabs method??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club