Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Orange engine warning light permanently on

jooulez

Hi agaim!

Something may or may not be wrong with my Fusion, I have a permanent engine warning light on the dash, it did use to come on & off at will, til it broke down & got taken to my usual garage, where they put in a new cat & sensors, it was fine for about 3 months or so, then the warning light started to do the go on & off thing again, I told the garage & he put it on 1 of

those diagnostic things, but found nothing wrong, so he turned the light off to pass the MOT.   The warning light seems now to be a permanent fixture, as I keep taking him back to the garage & the diagnostic machine tells the owner of this garage there's nothing wrong, & although I'm no technician I agree, as the car runs really good with no problems.   After taking him to a different garage to have the stereo fitted, the garage owner there mentioned the light & told him it's permanently on but causes no problems that I've noticed, he also asked whether its been checked & told him that it's been on a diagnostic machine & found nothing, & told this garage owner what my usual garage owner said about turning off the light, this one looked totally shocked & said he shouldn't of done that.

So now, even though I'm 99% sure there's nothing wrong with me Fusion, the other guys comments have sent a niggle off, can anyone tell me what may or may not be wrong?  A friend who had a an Smax had a light problem with his, & he was told he needed a new or reconditioned dash array (may not be the right wording) which was gonna cost more than what his car was worth.

Any ideas are welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t tell you what’s wrong. Yes they shouldn’t really turn off the light for the mot. But would you rather it failed the mot? It’s not like you are driving a car with a known fault and you refuse to fix it, you have been responsible and tried to resolve it. If it passed the exhaust emission test then you can have clear concionse.  If you buy your own fault code reader for twenty quid you can check codes yourself and turn the light off (which will come back on when the car thinks there is fault)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club