Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Isofix car seat

Minion

I have a 2010 c max and have been looking to get an ISO fix seat.     There seems to be a bit of confusion regarding compatable and I have been told to cut seat or take the cover off for possibly anchor points.    

So:

(1). Can I fix an isofix seat to a 2010 c max

(2) Is there a recommended way of doing it without destroying the seat? 

Hi Kieren, welcome to the Ford Owners Club.

European cars have had ISO fix points since 2001 so I'm sure your car will. You never need to cut or destroy the seats in order to use the ISO fixing points - that was the whole idea of them.

For not much money Halfords will fit your child seat using the ISO fixings which might be an easy option.

This might be of help:-  https://globalbaby.co.nz/blogs/news/does-my-car-have-isofix

• Like 1

Now I could be wrong but not all cars had isofix as standard, it's just a niggle at the back of my mind., I did a search and came up with this, yes the bars are fitted but not always accessible.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Or you can just squash the outer edges of that bottom foam strip inwards with your fingers (towards the centre of the seat) and push the ISOFIX fixings of the childseat into place through the gap that you've just created.. The foam will push slightly outwards against the fixings, but that's not a problem.

3 hours ago, alanfp said:

Or you can just squash the outer edges of that bottom foam strip inwards

I'm quite sure that @Minion won't see any further replies. It's been 6 months since his last visit - yet another One Post Wonder.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club