Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 1.4 TDCI oil

Paul_Ireland

Hi Guys

I just bought a 2006 Fusion 1.4 tdci. No service history. I been told that 10w40 oil is fine for this engine, can anyone confirm this? thanks

I always used 5w/30 from new so cannot comment on any other grade.

• Like 1

As above 5w 30 should be used. I use Shell helix hx7 5/30 on the fusion and my Mk4 vaux dti and i think it's £25 approx at euro cp.

oil filter too obviously.

If no history with the car i would do oil, filter, air filter and fuel filter. I believe the fuel filter interval is around 30k miles ? I wasn't brave enough to do my fuel filter as problems bleeding can arise after.

Keep an eye on cambelt too, whats the mileage of your new 2006 ?

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, fullwavebridge said:

As above 5w 30 should be used. I use shell helix hx7 5/30 on the fusion and my Mk4 vaux dti and i think it's £25 approx at euro cp.

Oil filter too obviously.

If no history with the car i would do oil, filter, air filter and fuel filter. I believe the fuel filter interval is around 30k miles ? I wasn't brave enough to do my fuel filter as problems bleeding can arise after.

Keep an eye on cambelt too, whats the mileage of your new 2006 ?

Hi the car has 254000 km and it had a new belt and water pump at 230000 km so i assume its going to last a while.?

I had a Peugeot 307 a few years ago same 1.4 HDi engine and the handbook said 10w40 semi synthetic. The car didnt come with an owners manual but I managed to download one in the meantime. Its a good little car 60 mpg + via pencil and paper the km means nothing to an old boy like me

Couple of little issues the vent control knob does nothing and sometimes when I turn the key nothing happens. Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Paul_Ireland said:

sometimes when I turn the key nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Check the main battery terminals are tight and also check the ground lead from the battery to the body earth point. Take it off and clean under the lead and earth point get rid of all the rust and paint, then apply a small amount of electrical grease (vaseline).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, unofix said:

Check the main battery terminals are tight and also check the ground lead from the battery to the body earth point. Take it off and clean under the lead and earth point get rid of all the rust and paint, then apply a small amount of electrical grease (vaseline).

Wilco thanks

When you say you turn key and nothing happens, not sure if you mean dash lights come on but starter motor not work or nothing at all ie. no dash lights

34 minutes ago, isetta said:

When you say you turn key and nothing happens, not sure if you mean dash lights come on but starter motor not work or nothing at all ie. no dash lights

dash lights come on nothing happens when you turn the key

Might be faulty ignition switch, I had that happen to me on a Vauxhall cavalier , just needed new electrical switch bit screwed on end of the metal lock part. But also check wires on starter motor. But on a modern car there’s loads of things it might be like the computer thinks something else is wrong so it won’t even try starting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isetta said:

Might be faulty ignition switch, I had that happen to me on a Vauxhall cavalier , just needed new electrical switch bit screwed on end of the metal lock part. But also check wires on starter motor. But on a modern car there’s loads of things it might be like the computer thinks something else is wrong so it won’t even try starting. 

It usually starts after a couple of attempts I will clean the earth point when I get a dry spell and I think your ignition switch idea could be correct I'll have to price a new one. Thanks for the replies

I wouldn’t replace lock without testing it. Don’t know how easy it is to access it. I am thinking remove steering column cowling. Leave cowling off for a few days. Then every time it does not work, use a piece of wire to bridge the relevant terminals and see if that works instantly. I have not seen the back end of the lock on one of those. I am sssuming it is like on old cars I have had

• Like 1

Check the small wire on the starter solenoid (part of the starter motor). The wires are prone to becoming loose or the wires corroding just at the point of connection. This gives exactly the fault of "all lights on" - system normal, no fault codes but when you turn the key to "start" the engine fails to crank.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club