Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone with Forscan on the Wirral able to set my battery charge to 95%

archie2000

Come down south for a day out and I will do you all for free. Merry Christmas!

Think this was alluded to "will it not do any long term damage by doing this?"  I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but wouldn't there be a reason why battery charge not 100%?

Peter

Yes, it's all in the name of saving the planet and looking after the dolphins. Less charge = Less vehicle emissions. Of course all that happens is that people have to charge the battery every couple of weeks using electricity at home, so just like EV's it moves the emissions from one point to another.

If you're worried about it just leave the SOC at 80% and throw your battery away when things stop working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes, it's all in the name of saving the planet and looking after the dolphins. Less charge = Less vehicle emissions. Of course all that happens is that people have to charge the battery every couple of weeks using electricity at home, so just like EV's it moves the emissions from one point to another.

If you're worried about it just leave the SOC at 80% and throw your battery away when things stop working.

It was ironic today whilst faffing about with the laptop plugged in trying to figure out why nowt was working as it should off until I stopped wiggling the cable and took my eyes away from looking at the laptop screen and saw that the ignition had shut down as the battery charge was too low.

It started off at 12.4v according to the info on the bottom right hand side of the Forscan screen but was showing 11.6v when it shut down lol.

Ended up unplugging and restarting after letting the car idle for 20 mins on the driveway.....so much for saving the planet........

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wino said:

It was ironic today whilst faffing about with the laptop plugged in trying to figure out why nowt was working as it should off until I stopped wiggling the cable and took my eyes away from looking at the laptop screen and saw that the ignition had shut down as the battery charge was too low.

It started off at 12.4v according to the info on the bottom right hand side of the Forscan screen but was showing 11.6v when it shut down lol.

Ended up unplugging and restarting after letting the car idle for 20 mins on the driveway.....so much for saving the planet........

With FORScan, if you keep your ignition on while connecting, then you can normally switch the ignition off while you are playing around to get familiarised with it. It will disconnect when the car fully goes fully to sleep though. You can also play around with it with the engine running as well but do not try to do any programming with the engine running or ignition off.

A word of caution, it is recommended that the battery has a good charge and that you keep a charger plugged in while doing serious programming, that applies to your Laptop as well. It is not as important if you are doing something quick like changing the charging level, but if the voltage goes below a certain level in the middle of programming something then you can brick your car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tizer said:

it is recommended that the battery has a good charge and that you keep a charger plugged in while doing serious programming

Totally agree, connect a smart charger to the battery while programming. 👍

• Like 3

I’m wondering if my local dealership had done this a time they had the car at a few months old , S/S didn’t work for a spell but been working almost flawlessly for 18 months or more. I don’t have keyless entry but I know there was an almost acceptance that it’d never work 100% for most owners. Taking nothing away from unofix for figuring it out! I think it even had Ford UK stumped! 

• Thanks 1

Been out and about this afternoon on chauffeuring duties and the stop start kicked in at the first roundabout. It didnt kick in at the set of traffic lights at the end of the road though.

So it's gone from having the "switch ignition off to save battery" yesterday to a fully working stop start within 1 mile of travel today.

• Like 3

I'm planning to do mine, but waiting on the free 2-month trial extended licence of Forscan.

Remember to turn the headlights and heater off when playing, will extend the play time before the car switches off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VFR800 said:

I'm planning to do mine, but waiting on the free 2-month trial extended licence of Forscan.

Remember to turn the headlights and heater off when playing, will extend the play time before the car switches off.

Extended license is available as soon as you set it up.

Once Forscan has connected to vehicle, vehicle goes into service mode so will not shut down unless battery is flat, if battery is low connect a charger before connecting to Forscan, if you're programming 

• Like 2

Works like a charm, when you get a working module, Vgate Vlinker FS.

battery charge percentage changed to 90% - check

Auto door lock once moving - check

What else can i fiddle with???

• Like 1

I did the auto lock on mine too. Works a treat.

I'm just trying to get my climate controls to work on the Sync3 screen.

33 minutes ago, VFR800 said:

What else can i fiddle with???

Auto High Beam - if you don't already have it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Auto High Beam - if you don't already have it ?

Don't you have to have a particular module to activate AHB ? 

• Like 1

Could some one post me link on all the bits I need to set up Forscan 

2 hours ago, Wino said:

Don't you have to have a particular module to activate AHB ? 

If you have Auto headlights then you should be ok for AHB

Thanks to the information that @DaveT70 worked out, I turned them on with FORScan and they work fantastic 👍

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, DaveT70 said:

Hi there

ASBUILT:
IPMA 706-01-01 - xxxx x5xx xx | xxxx x9xx xx
IPC 720-01-01 - xxxE xxxx xA
SCCM 724-02-01 - xxxx 70xx xx
BdyCM 726-11-04:
- Halogen: xxx1 xxxx xx
- Full led lights: xxxx xxCx xx
BdyCM 726-12-02 - x1xx xxxx xx
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example:
IPMA 706-01-01 - 0407 55BB A5 | 0407 59BB A5
IPC 720-01-01 - 0C4A 3464 28 | 0C4E 3464 2A
SCCM 724-02-01 - 9508 6840 60 | 9508 7040 60
BdyCM 726-11-04 - 3202 0249 E1 | 3201 0249 E1
3205 0241 D1 > 3205 02C1 D1
BdyCM 726-12-02 - 0202 2200 02 | 0102 2200 02

Can I please confirm with someone that has applied this change that once I am in BCM, the only item I have to change is the 80 to 90 then apply to the vehicle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayferry said:

please confirm with someone that has applied this change that once I am in BCM, the only

and make cheques payable to Unofix 🤣

• Like 1

Just ordered my cable is forscan easy to set up on a laptop and is any instructions on how to change change rate on forscan 

18 hours ago, DaveG1975 said:

Just ordered my cable is forscan easy to set up on a laptop and is any instructions on how to change change rate on forscan 

It's German but has subs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club