Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 music issues

liambrightman

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the sync 3 in my 2019 ecosport. Before the 3.4 update the screen would freeze. I updated to 3.4 which fixed the freeze but since I've done that Spotify skips like a cd. It might happen twice in one song then the next time I drive it might not even happen at all.

I have updated to the lastest sync and maps as recommended by my local ford dealer but was wondering if anyone has been able to fix this?

I've played with the settings on Spotify and my car and still no luck and don't want to book in unless I really have to.

Thanks 

The 3.4 Sync arkwright update is kno... known to to have a stut..... stutter

• Haha 1

Disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes.

Perform a master reset

Remove bluetooth pairing and carplay (if applic.) from your phone

Reconnect

Make sure you are using a genuine lead for iPhone or high quality data lead for Android

Turn off wi-fi and automatic updates in the Sync settings

That’s just sync 3.4 unfortunately 

13 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes.

Perform a master reset

Remove bluetooth pairing and carplay (if applic.) from your phone

Reconnect

Make sure you are using a genuine lead for iPhone or high quality data lead for Android

Turn off wi-fi and automatic updates in the Sync settings

I have done everything except the battery disconnection, did this work for you?

10 hours ago, liambrightman said:

I have done everything except the battery disconnection, did this work for you?

Do it in the order I posted and it should work, if not you have a faulty ACM (Radio) suspect poor quality lead though

40 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Do it in the order I posted and it should work, if not you have a faulty ACM (Radio) suspect poor quality lead though

Sync 3.4 has known stutter issues with usb and bluetooth. It’s the software. 

15 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Sync 3.4 has known stutter issues with usb and Bluetooth. It’s the software. 

It may do, but it doesn't/didn't do it on any of ours. We have/had four cars running 3.4, no issues.

The main issues are phone software not up to date or phone not restarted often enough,

Phone poor quality lead, more so on iPhone

Wi-Fi on on Sync

Auto updates on on sync

53 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

It may do, but it doesn't/didn't do it on any of ours. We have/had four cars running 3.4, no issues.

The main issues are phone software not up to date or phone not restarted often enough,

Phone poor quality lead, more so on iPhone

Wi-Fi on on Sync

Auto updates on on sync

It’s caused by poor cpu thread priority and poor management of the limited resources of the SoC. MY20 models have a 50% uplift in main cpu clock speed which somewhat helps but doesn’t fix it entirely. Older models running 3.4 are worse due to the slower CPU. I’ve jailbroken mine and applied the newer cpu profile to make it them same speed as MY20 models. It certainly helps the skipping but doesn’t alleviate it completely, it’s at a point I can at least now live with it. It is widely discussed on multiple places I visit about Sync 3 that some amount of usb and bluetooth stuttering is just normal for 3.4. It didn’t do it before on 3.2/3.3 or 3.0, I don’t know if Ford changed something or just gave the SoC too much to handle with the new UI and features. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club