Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORScan issues, again.

Flippy82

Can anyone tell me if I’ve done something wrong here when downloading and installing FORScan, I just can’t seem to get this thing working for the life of me. I’ve uploaded some pics to show what I’ve done but still nothing. It just won’t connect to the car, someone said I could be having an issue with the electrics in the car and I have a transmission malfunction on the dash the ELM connector I’m using is a VLink I think is the name of it. Any help would be appreciated. 

IMG_1983.jpeg

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1978.jpeg

IMG_1976.jpeg

Nothing looks wrong there.

Has your cable definitely got the FTDI chip?  There are different drivers for different chips.

• Like 1

Just need to confirm a couple of things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, unofix said:

Just need to confirm a couple of things.

I’m using an acer laptop with genuine windows 10 installed and yes that is the lead I’m using in that link you’ve posted. It says on the packaging it has FTDI chip I followed all the instructions for installation clicked the links that was on the instruction manual and still it doesn’t connect 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

thanks for responding 👍🏻

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Nothing looks wrong there.

Has your cable definitely got the FTDI chip?  There are different drivers for different chips.

It says on the packaging it has that chip. As soon as I plugged it in to the laptop I got a message saying a driver update was available, it took me onto a site where the updated driver was and I installed it from there. 

What does FORScan say when you try to connect?

Uninstall FORSCan

Delete download file

Re download and install

Check your connection settings in FORScan

There's lots of posts on FORScan forum to help you with connection issues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Uninstall FORSCan

Delete download file

Re download and install

Check your connection settings in FORScan

There's lots of posts on FORScan forum to help you with connection issues

That looks like my next move, start from scratch and go from there. Thanks. 

Just had another go at connecting FORScan and it’s still not working, I checked all fuses they were all good. Checked the battery voltage it was near 13v i took a couple of pics of the errors it’s throwing out. Again, anyone with any experience of this and got it rectified the advice would be greatly appreciated 

regards. 

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

Can you try connecting up to another Ford ? It would prove whether the problem is with your car, or with the way you are using FORScan.

• Like 2

Just wondering if someone has either disabled the DLC connector or fitted a dummy one?
Did you check for voltage at the DLC? +12v pin16 & Grounds, pins 4&5
You could also check the Bus resistance HS pins 14&6  MS pins 3&11 Both should be 60 ohms.

DLC.jpg

Edited by Dan62
corrected
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Can you try connecting up to another Ford ? It would prove whether the problem is with your car, or with the way you are using FORScan.

Tried it on my brothers mk3 focus and still not working, I’m going to delete and reinstall both the OS and the FORScan software and do a full reinstall of both. I did see a few replies in the FORScan forum of them rolling back to previous versions of the software that worked for them but also some said the same ELM and current version worked for them so it’s probably something I’ve done during the install. Thanks for replying 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan62 said:

Just wondering if someone has either disabled the DLC connector or fitted a dummy one?
Did you check for voltage at the DLC? +12v pin16 & Grounds, pins 4&5
You could also check the Bus resistance HS pins 14&6  MS pins 3&11 Both should be 60 ohms.

DLC.jpg

I checked them before I bought the ELM, the numbers came back all good. 

Your not running window 10s are you?

you need to take it out of s mode if you are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RL123 said:

On 4/26/2024 at 12:32 AM, Flippy82 said:

I’m using an acer laptop with genuine windows 10 installed

That I think would be a probable 'Yes'

• Like 1

Mine works fine on W10, never had any issues.

Sounds like you have a dodgy lead to me

make sure drivers are UTD

Check connection settings are good

Run FORScan in administrator mode

Your battery voltage is low

• Like 1

Also, as you are a late MK2.5, just ensure you haven't got the faulty cluster issue, because that will stop the CAN from working

Yesterday I reinstalled forscan on windows 10 (used windows 7 before) and it's working fine. Using vlinker. I run windows as administrator. In a past had vida volvo, that's would only open vida in administrator mode.

check the idiots guide here..

https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/updating-firmware-and-initial-setup-vgate-vlinker-fs-in-forscan/5539

https://www.vgatemall.com/downloadcenter

Before using your Vgate vLinker FS for the first time with FORScan, you must update the connection settings.

1. Connect the Vgate vLinker FS to the computer.
  2. Open FORScan. FORScan will open in the Vehicle and Interface Information page.
  3. Go to the Settings page.
  4. In the General tab, ensure Demo mode is NOT checked. Leave the Debug mode checked so you can log activities.
  5. Select the Connections tab. The settings here should be exactly as shown.
vLinker FORScan Settings
  1. Go back to the Vehicle page.
  2. Select Connect to Vehicle at the bottom of the page.
  3. FORScan will check for the adapter and list the connection and adapter type. At this point you will not have a profile set up for the vehicle if this is the first time connecting. Make a profile at this point. FORScan will create the profile and automatically name it with the VIN included. If you work on multiple vehicles, it’s a good idea to keep the VIN included. You can make multiple profiles for different or the same vehicles.
  4. The next stop is the DTC page. Make this a habit to always check the DTC status as this can prevent you from making asbuilt or firmware changes in certain modules. Clear the DTC’s and rescan to ensure the vehicle health before you start modifying things.
  • Like 4

I would like to add, that I had same issue while trying to connect. All you need is adapter from usb type A to type C connecting to computer's type-c port. Let me know it it will work for you. 

Example of adapter in the link https://www.amazon.com/Syntech-Adapter-Thunderbolt-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B07CVX3516?th=1

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RL123 said:

you need to take it out of s mode if you are.

It’s W10 I’m using, I’ve read a few other forums of people that are using W10 and don’t seem to be having any connection issues.

5 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Mine works fine on W10, never had any issues.

Sounds like you have a dodgy lead to me

make sure drivers are UTD

Check connection settings are good

Run FORScan in administrator mode

Your battery voltage is low

Leads fine.

drivers are all UTD. 

Haven’t run it in admin yet, but that I will try 👍🏻

battery is now at near 13v 

3 hours ago, Botus said:

check the idiots guide here..

https://community.cyanlabs.net/t/updating-firmware-and-initial-setup-vgate-vlinker-fs-in-forscan/5539

https://www.vgatemall.com/downloadcenter

Before using your Vgate vLinker FS for the first time with FORScan, you must update the connection settings.

1. Connect the Vgate vLinker FS to the computer.
  2. Open FORScan. FORScan will open in the Vehicle and Interface Information page.
  3. Go to the Settings page.
  4. In the General tab, ensure Demo mode is NOT checked. Leave the Debug mode checked so you can log activities.
  5. Select the Connections tab. The settings here should be exactly as shown.
vLinker FORScan Settings
  1. Go back to the Vehicle page.
  2. Select Connect to Vehicle at the bottom of the page.
  3. FORScan will check for the adapter and list the connection and adapter type. At this point you will not have a profile set up for the vehicle if this is the first time connecting. Make a profile at this point. FORScan will create the profile and automatically name it with the VIN included. If you work on multiple vehicles, it’s a good idea to keep the VIN included. You can make multiple profiles for different or the same vehicles.
  4. The next stop is the DTC page. Make this a habit to always check the DTC status as this can prevent you from making asbuilt or firmware changes in certain modules. Clear the DTC’s and rescan to ensure the vehicle health before you start modifying things.

Thanks for that Botus 👍🏻

On 4/28/2024 at 9:39 PM, unofix said:

That I think would be a probable 'Yes'

Many new laptops are supplied in ‘s’ mode which only allows apps and software downloaded from the Microsoft store .

This is to supposedly reduce the chance of malware etc. Also a monopoly for Microsoft.

Can easily be switched to allow all apps/programs which include Forscan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club