Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion Zetec 1.6 automatic high revs

Witcher1979

HI,

I have a 2009 UK Zetec Ford Fusion 1.6 Petrol Automatic with some problems... Fault code P061B

The car runs great on long runs with no stop starting, I can do 100 miles without any issues. But sometimes when I have to stop the engine light comes on and the car goes into limp mode, never any problems while actually moving at 60/70mph it also always revs at 2000rpm in park. But I was only getting an average of 23.4mpg so I decided to clean the throttle body which was pretty dirty, I did this by removing it and giving it a good clean with throttle body cleaner and a toothbrush. I did the reset of the engine by following the guide by

The car now gets an average of 35.6mpg after cleaning the throttle body and the reset which is great, but I still have high revs in park and I still get the engine light come on and limp mode when I sometimes come to a stop at a junction. The high rev issue is consistant when the vehicle is in park, but limp mode only happens when coming to a stop and pulling away but it can be 100+ miles before it happens. Just to recap the revs are fine whilst driving in "Drive" never goes into limp mode with consistant driving, the revs are always high in park/netural and it only goes into limp mode with engine light slowing to a stop but it is so random you can't ever tell if it will happen. If I put the car in park I will always get 2000rpm sometimes it goes up and down between 1500 and 2000, if I put the car into drive it drops to about 900rpm.

Would a dirty Map sensor cause this?

Any help would be great, thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you Dan, I appriecate the help. Sadly I live in the middle of nowhere so I can't get that part until tomorrow. I will update on the progress after replacing this. The part is like £8 roughly so I may as well just get one and replace it anyway.

Hi Dan,

Was wondering if you help with this part, I have ordered one in but the pipe the spares shop is getting is the tiny pipe from that part number:

https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/ford-focus-fiesta-l-duratec-crankcase-ventilation-tube

The one I am after is probably about 20cm long but this part is around 10cm long so its to small.

Thanks in advance.

If the part from the spares shop doesn't look like the one in the link you have posted above, they have ordered in the wrong pipe!
Yes, should be at least 20cm.

Part number may be 1747173 instead.

• Like 1

Thank you, yes they ordered the wrong part....... I now have the correct part which is the exact part number you listed and will be fitting tomorrow as the weather forecast seems to be no rain. 

Having a good look today it might be tricky to fit as I do have large hands. Luckily it looks like the hose has no clips but just a push fit? I am thinking I might remove the throttle body again to give easier access on the left hand side. Right hand side looks tricky though, but I will find out tomorrow.

Thanks again. I will update and post pictures.

Ok, so I finally did this today. I decided to remove the throttle body again as I just could not get my hands inside otherwise. All in all I cleaned the throttle body, MAP sensor and replaced the crankshaft hose which was split per the post from Dan above. I did the system reset and went for a 20 min drive, put the car in park and its sitting at a very nice 900rpm compared to the 1500-2000rpm I had at the start and my MPG is through the roof. My only regret is not changing the PCV valve which is like £8 and at the end of the hose you replace. Thanks again for all your help Dan. Will add a few pics incase anyone else needs to do it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club