Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine service now multi codes

Phantom76

10 minutes ago, Phantom76 said:

thanks @Tizer for jumping in on this so basically your saying with engine and ignition off the butterfly should be fully closed ??  if i remember correctly when i looked it was fully open i have another look now and report back also what pid should i be looking at to monitor it ??

No, it should close for a few seconds to starve the Engine of air for combustion, then quickly open and close a few times to shake off and crud then open ready for the next restart.

FORScan normally can allow you to monitor it.

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.f14d7c7eaa17594b2dfbfff58b0f4c93.jpeg

stuck wide open 

2 minutes ago, Phantom76 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f14d7c7eaa17594b2dfbfff58b0f4c93.jpeg

stuck wide open 

Correct, see my answer above. Even without FORScan you can normally here it going through its cycle when you switch off.

a stupid question dose a new throttle body have to be programmed ? 

27 minutes ago, Phantom76 said:

a stupid question dose a new throttle body have to be programmed ? 

Not programmed.  But it does need to be 'relearned' so the PCM knows exactly where the fully open and fully closed points are.  The relearn should be available through Forscan in the procedures list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom76 said:

dose a new throttle body have to be programmed ?

I seem to recall (might be wrong) that Dave @DaveT70 knows a procedure to reteach the throttle body with out the need to use FORScan, but perhaps I'm remembering something else.

all EGR readings are at 0 ?  if you blip the throttle they should jump around - is this working? 

sister 07 plate Jag X type with 2.2ltr 4 pot tractor - hates life with broken EGR was in limp mode most of the time - hit with a hammer, sprayed gunk might do nothing or sometimes last 100 yards to 10 miles - new valve no issues since

53 minutes ago, Botus said:

all EGR readings are at 0 ?  if you blip the throttle they should jump around - is this working? 

sister 07 plate Jag X type with 2.2ltr 4 pot tractor - hates life with broken EGR was in limp mode most of the time - hit with a hammer, sprayed gunk might do nothing or sometimes last 100 yards to 10 miles - new valve no issues since

image.thumb.png.ca748a02783308269189af3d581c1089.png

53 minutes ago, Botus said:

image.thumb.png.b7cbde9739884b4cc6b494275e4b211f.png

i think my problem lies here TP showing 0% TP1 is only reading 0.5v should that not read 5v ?? then i looked at the throttle body and turned off the ignition it did nothing stayed wide open, this is a new throttle body so im suspecting now that the pcm or wire is bad, nothing really else it can be 

image.thumb.png.e7844bcdf201805a5b6aa3559a8536b5.png

thats what i get when i disconnect the throttle body, i assumed i would get s engine management light for that ??

2 hours ago, unofix said:

I seem to recall (might be wrong) that Dave @DaveT70 knows a procedure to reteach the throttle body with out the need to use FORScan, but perhaps I'm remembering something else.

The procedure that Dave posted was for a Petrol Engined car Throttle Body, which is a completely different thing from a Diesel Engined car Throttle Valve.

From what you have said later it does not seem to be working anyway.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Phantom76 said:

image.thumb.png.e7844bcdf201805a5b6aa3559a8536b5.png

thats what i get when i disconnect the throttle body, i assumed i would get s engine management light for that ??

I would have thought so too, or at least a Fault Code.

12 minutes ago, Tizer said:

The procedure that Dave posted was for a Petrol Engined car Throttle Body, which is a completely different thing from a Diesel Engined car Throttle Valve.

From what you have said later it does not seem to be working anyway.

My diagnosis was wrong seems I wasn’t quick enough to get out of the car and look, I had 1 of the kids look when I turned off the ignition and it flicked, now I’m thinking if there was a air leak after the throttle valve would this show up as a extra air flow and confuse the pcm into thinking the valve was left open after shut down 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Phantom76 said:

My diagnosis was wrong seems I wasn’t quick enough to get out of the car and look, I had 1 of the kids look when I turned off the ignition and it flicked, now I’m thinking if there was a air leak after the throttle valve would this show up as a extra air flow and confuse the pcm into thinking the valve was left open after shut down 🤷‍♂️

It might make it not stop instantly after switch off but it would be pulling air in all the time, so the MAF value, which is measured at the Air Filter, would be lower than expected and from your other posts it is not.

• Like 1

the maf is 9g/sec is that not a bit high ?? also if you look at the screen shots from before the maf value didn't change from idle cold to idle hot i would have thought it should be slightly lower ?? after the turbo is it not pressure rather than vacuem to the manifold, im thinking its a if it is pressure and when the engine is shut off and butterfly closes it then causes a vacum keeping the car running on and causing the pcm to think the butterfly stayed open, when starting the car the trouble code dose not appear but on shutdown it pops up, if im talking poo poo please feel free to rub my nose in it 

cheers Phantom

8 hours ago, Phantom76 said:

the maf is 9g/sec is that not a bit high ?? also if you look at the screen shots from before the maf value didn't change from idle cold to idle hot i would have thought it should be slightly lower ?? after the turbo is it not pressure rather than vacuem to the manifold, im thinking its a if it is pressure and when the engine is shut off and butterfly closes it then causes a vacum keeping the car running on and causing the pcm to think the butterfly stayed open, when starting the car the trouble code dose not appear but on shutdown it pops up, if im talking poo poo please feel free to rub my nose in it 

cheers Phantom

9 is slightly higher than I would expect from a perfectly running Engine at Idle but it is not that bad, the Desired value in your Screenshot is nonsense though, and yes the value can be slightly different with a completely cold and fully hot Engine.

The Throttle Valve position is monitored so the PCM should know whether it is sitting in the position that the PCM has commanded it to at all times. You should be able to Live Monitor this with FORScan. 

• Like 1

can anyone please tell me that that sensor dose ??

1.5l focus.png

1 hour ago, Phantom76 said:

Charge air temperature and/or pressure.

• Like 1

so im thinking to just replace the wiring harness is it an easy task ? keep getting different codes now which suggests a broken wire somewhere in the harness also any idea where i would start looking for the harness number ?

13 hours ago, Phantom76 said:

so im thinking to just replace the wiring harness is it an easy task ? keep getting different codes now which suggests a broken wire somewhere in the harness also any idea where i would start looking for the harness number ?

If you look under the airbox the harness code is on an earth lead there. You can also ring ford parts and if you & they are friendly enough on the phone they will tell you it

• Like 2

thanks @ssmith93 i take it that this is where your on about ?

harness.png

On 5/19/2024 at 10:50 PM, ssmith93 said:

Where in FORScan did you find the ability to monitor the MLPS I couldn’t find it?

thanks

it is in the TGE it dose nothing unless you are driving the car and changing gears 

image.thumb.png.0259cb6953a7181f2e74b02d8e1c3f98.png

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club