Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EML P068A

FrogDude

First post, i currently have a MK8 - ST3. 
Had it from new nearly four years ago, only after market item is a pandora. 
I have had problems with the battery for a while and now had it die fully in a few days then again, had it die twice when away on holiday for two weeks at a time. 
So replaced the battery the other day with brand new one. 
Now have this EML with this code on: 
P068A - ECM/PCM Power Relay De-Energized Performance Too Early. 
I had this previously but it would go away on restart, now it stuck on. 
Any ideas? Any one had this before and what was the issue? 
Been looking around and could be wide range of problems. 

I should point out that the battery Maintenance System (BMS) was reset with the sequence and on a laptop in OBD. 
Legit scratching my head over this now. 
Car drives fine, not noticed any problems, the new battery much better holds charge etc, start stop works etc. Just the EML on, wipe it comes back. 

Right not too good at this stuff, Not sure if it is the pandora playing up as changed the battery or not. 
Been looking around for days about this. 
A lot saying about check the relays, all the pictures have relays next to fuses, now i have checked and i can't see any relays on the MK8, looks easy enough on a MK7 but can't see them on here. 
Any ideas? 

Have you opened the Pandora box?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you opened the Pandora box?

No, i couldn't even tell you where the Pandora is other than the alarm box in the cow. 

4 hours ago, FrogDude said:

No, i couldn't even tell you where the Pandora is other than the alarm box in the cow. 

Sorry, that was a poor attempt at humour.  Pandora's box was an ancient mythological box that would unleash evil & destruction if it was ever opened.

The relays might all be integrated nowadays, not accessible to the driver.  Whole module gets replaced if one fails.

I don't have any better suggestions for this fault unfortunately.  It usually does clear with a new battery and a few engine engine starts.

I might recommend removing the Pandora or contacting the company to ask if this happened to any other customers.

Have you tried the ST forum?  

• Haha 1

O, i get what you mean i just meant that if opened it would unleash evil and would break everything. 
That makes sense. 
Took it for a long drive, couldn't tell any difference, was trying all the switches etc to see if anything else not working, all works good. 
Did have this previously and it went away on its own would come up once in blue moon. 
Have started the car prob 40+ times trying to sort the code and looking at things, just staring blanky at fuses, engine bay thinking is anything loose. 

I contacted Pandora previously but the cost to just look at the car was silly money, and to remove it over £200 which is silly as what happens if that not the problem, will be money down and alarm down. 
Not sure where is the ST forum? 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FrogDude said:

I contacted Pandora previously but the cost to just look at the car was silly money, and to remove it over £200 which is silly as what happens if that not the problem, will be money down and alarm down. 
Not sure where is the ST forum? 

That's a shame.  Thought they might have at least offered some advice for free.

Link to the ST forum here - Fiesta ST MK8 Discussion | Fiesta ST Forums (fiestastoc.com)

Slight update as been away, oddly enough if i press the clutch down when TURNING the Engine OFF. It does not show the EML. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club